Seek Social’s Five A Side Follies!
- Author Paula Braiden
- Published July 24, 2019
- Word count 472
A total of nineteen teams from businesses all over town entered Made In Bury’s five a side tournament. That meant that group stages would need to be held before moving on to the knockout rounds… Just like the World Cup and Champions’ League then, except of course, way more prestigious than those tin-pot tournaments. Team Seek Social were drawn against the likes of Maccies FC, Cartime Bury, and 360 Vehicle Leasing. And if you’re not aware of the Made In Bury five a side football scene, trust us… That qualifies as a ‘group of death’.
With only five players available it was sure to be a tough task for Seek Social’s shoestring squad. We still had Dean’s immense tactical nouse to guide us though – knowledge developed and honed over countless Football Manager seasons. With him leading the line up front, Luke’s cat-like reflexes in goal and Paula, Mike and Darren (on loan from 1Life Fitness) somewhere in the middle, team Seek Social lined up and gave it our best.
Luke picking up an early injury didn’t help our cause, but we still gave a good account of ourselves. Seek Social’s front three of Michael, Dean and Darren were regularly going close and using the smaller five a side surface to our advantage. Darren in particular was banging in the goals and proving to be an inspired addition to the squad. Despite that key contribution, the highlight of the night has to be Dean’s ‘Beckham-esque’ strike from the halfway line!
The magic sponge returns…
Alas, it wasn’t enough, as Dean was ruled out with an ankle problem later in the night. Even a virtuoso performance from emergency loanee Callum – playing out of position in the outfield – couldn’t save us. Results just didn’t go Seek Social’s way, and we were knocked out in the group stages. Guess the Made In Bury five a side tournament trophy just wasn’t meant for us (this year…).
So, a couple of us are sporting limps this week, and we’re all a bit sore… We still had fun though. That’s what’s important, and Seek Social would definitely like to extend our thanks to our hosts at Made In Bury. Congratulations also to the team from The Joshua Wilson Brain Tumour Charity – worthy winners on the night and new Made In Bury five a side champs.
While we may not be the best at football, when it comes to digital marketing it’s a different story… Whether you’re looking for a new website, mobile app, or some great social media or graphics, Seek Social are the marquee signing you need. If you have any questions or want to make an enquiry, then feel free to get in touch with us on 0161 761 1800!
There are no posted comments.
- How to Learn Japanese With Manga: 5 Books for Beginners
- Why Is WordPress Bad?
- Stopping Fax Spam
- Strategic planning pillars
- Teaching Kids to Unplug – A Parenting Battle Worth Fighting
- THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN LOOKING FOR AN ONLINE FOREX TRADING COURSE
- What Is Data Democratization and Why is it Needed?
- None of Us Are Above the Placebo Effect
- Sunscreen Myths and Facts
- Art of Virani
- Project Leadership within Project Management
- Everything You Need to Know About the Best Software Company in Bangladesh
- Avoiding the flood — tax issues with water rights in agribusiness
- Things You Need to Consider Before Adopting a Dog
- How to create a landing page for more conversion
- Top 5 Profitable Blogging NIche
- Why Addiction To Fame And Celebrity
- VE Day: 2020
- make money online during lockdown
- Tech Sector to Weather Economic Storm
- What are the health benefits of CBD Oil?
- HOW TO MANAGE THE FATIGUE
- How to Build a Crisis Response Landing Page
- Tech Sector to Weather Economic Storm
- 3 Tips on Updating Your Resume in the Wake of COVID-19
- 3 Ways to Profit in Lock Down
- Surrounding Areas
- Best Tungsten For Aluminum
- Know the Role of Criminal Defense Lawyer in Singapore
- How To Manage Your Anger On The Golf Course