Methods for Selecting and Determining Plant Locations
- Author Wahyu Nengsri
- Published October 14, 2019
- Word count 388
Ranking Procedure Method
Qualitative or subjective. This method is applied in solving problems that are difficult to quantify. There are several procedures that are carried out based on the analysis step, among others.
Identification of relevant and significant factors related to the process of selecting plant locations, including the location of raw material supply, location of marketing areas and others.
Give weight to each of the factors that have been identified based on the degree or weight of interest (weighted procedure).
Conduct a score (score) on the factors identified for each alternative location to be evaluated. Values
are given on a scale of numbers based on a range between 0 to 10, where the best value is 10.
Calculate the total value for each alternative location based on the total weight value multiplied by the largest total lateral location value.
This method looks very simple and quick to implement, but the main difficulty is determining the weight of each factor evaluated because it has a subjective impression.
Gravity Center Analysis Method
Production facilities at optimal locations can be affected by the source of materials needed to input (production) production activities or the location of the marketing area where outputs of production must be distributed. This method is made by calculating the distance of each material source location or marketing area with the planned factory location. Production and distribution costs for each location are the same or can be ignored.
Linear Program Analysis Method of Transportation
This method is applied based on to solve the problem of selecting or determining alternative plant locations. The transportation formulation is used to determine the best distribution pattern from the factory location to a particular marketing area, then the total cost is calculated and evaluated. There are several methods used in solving transportation problems, including the heuristics method or the least cost assignment routine method.
The heuristics method aims to minimize the total cost for the allocation of product supply distribution at each destination location. Where by considering the structure of transportation or distribution costs (combined production costs), the allocation of supply from each to meet the needs of the main destination location in a row from the smallest cost to obtain the smallest transportation costs. This heuristics method is very easy, simple and always starts from the smallest cost but does not guarantee optimal results.
Indonesian Version - https://www.wnputrio.com/2019/09/metode-pemilihan-dan-penetapan-lokasi-pabrik.htmlArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Drain Cleaning: Top Tips That Ensure Superior Results
- Catalyst Handling: Dangers and Best Practices
- Catalyst Loading and Unloading Processes That Prioritise Safety and Efficiency
- Anxiety, the Brain and Exercise
- How to learn easy English grammar with saifulsgrammar learning program
- Pros and Cons of Homework
- How to accurately cost estimate projects
- Fashion illustration
- Starting Your Homeschool
- Best Ways on How to Avoid Academic Fatigue
- How I Aced My IT Certification With 200-301 Dumps PDF
- The Way M2150-860 Dumps Helped Me to Get Succeeded By The First Attempt.
- 3 Microsoft Certifications You Need This Year
- Writing Thesis Tips – 4 Tips Which Will Ensure You a great Thesis
- Learn to Include Page Numbers in PDF Documents – Organize PDF Files
- Medical billing and coding
- Is the Employer Giving Importance to Security Certification Training?
- Top Benefits of Being a Certified with Cisco Certification Training
- King Henry VIII College, International School in Cyberjaya, Malaysia
- Cable Avoidance is Key to Ensuring Safe Digging Practices
- The Many Risks Involved When Undertaking Any Sort Of Excavation Work
- A Family Survival Backpack/Kit
- Education Translation – The Demand That Will Never Cease
- How Smart Learning Is Revolutionizing The Classroom
- Site Manager Course and CPD
- The Many Potential Problems When Undertaking Excavation Work
- Private vs public education
- Can You Crack NATA If You’re Not Good at Maths?