Tips for a Safe and Trouble Free Motorcycle Camping Trip
- Author Jimmy Cruze
- Published November 4, 2019
- Word count 683
Nothing beats motorcycle riding and camping, they’re simply the best match together. Motorcycle riding is utterly fun and camping takes this fun into the next level! When hotels and motels are becoming too crowded and costly, nowadays, motorcycle camping is the best way to escape from the hustle and bustle of the city life quickly. The outdoor adventure, breath of fresh air and the thrill of traversing an unfamiliar place are just few things that makes it such an exciting endeavor. But, before you go ahead and jump on your motorcycle for an adventure this weekend, here are some practical tips so you can make the most out of your motorcycle camping adventure:
- Make sure your motorcycle is properly maintained and in good condition.
Before you hit the road, make sure that your motorbike is ready and in good condition. Check the tire pressures and tread depth, brake and clutch fluids, oil, ignition system and make sure the sprockets and chains are properly lubricated. This helps ensure your safety on the road and you’ll have a trouble-free ride to your destination. The last thing you would want to happen is to find yourself in an unfamiliar place, because your ride gave up on you.
- Invest in quality motorcycle camping gear.
To make the most out of your outdoor camping adventure, don’t skimp on quality camping gear. Invest in top caliber tent that’s comfortable and will provide you protection from the elements and at the same time isn’t bulky to carry around. Don’t forget a good sleeping bag too. Even when you are outdoors communing with nature, remember that comfort is still king. A great source that specializes in motorcycle camping gear is lightweightmotorcyclecampinggear.com.
- Pack as light as you can.
When going on a motorcycle camping trip, it is important to pack as light as you can and only bring the essential stuff. Choose lightweight motorcycle camping gear and tools and gadgets that won’t take up much space to make your ride as comfortable as possible. Create a list of the essential things you need to bring such as your clothing, basic toiletries, torches, pocket knife, first-aid kit, cooking utensils among others.
- Make sure your load is secure and keep it as low as possible.
This will greatly aid in safety and handling of your motorcycle while you are riding. It can also reduce braking distance and increase fuel mileage by reducing weight transfer and wind resistance. Use cam buckle tie downs instead of bungee cords to secure your load. They are stronger and don't stretch under the load of braking or turning so they won't come loose or fail. Just be sure to cut off the extra strap length or secure it tightly to avoid a safety hazard.
- Don’t forget the bug spray.
Don’t let the bugs ruin your moment as you enjoy stargazing in the tranquil night from your tent, bring mosquito repellent with you.
- Pack the appropriate clothing for the climate and weather.
Most importantly, you need to wear the right clothing and safety gear as you hit the road – helmet, long pants, gloves and motorcycle jacket and shoes. When packing your clothing consider the temperature and the weather. Ideally, you should check the weather forecast ahead of time so you can choose the appropriate clothing to pack.
- Choose your campsite carefully.
See to it that you choose a good campsite on a higher ground which is flat, free from ant hills and creepy grasses and overall the most comfortable ground you can find.
- Know the basics of camping and outdoor cooking.
Nothing makes a motorcycle camping experience more trouble-free than making sure you are always prepared. Knowing the basics of outdoor cooking is a good start for your outdoor adventure survival. Plan recipes you can cook outdoor that only require minimal preparation and least amount of cookware.
Whether you are an experienced motorcycle camper or if it's your first time, following these simple rules will go a long way to helping you achieve a fun and trouble-free motorcycle camping adventure!
Jimmy Cruze is a Motorcycle Camping enthusiast and hobby mechanic who loves sharing his passion for the great outdoors and helps to operate a website specializing in Motorcycle Camping Gear. Browse their fantastic selection at lightweightmotorcyclecampinggear.com now!Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Delicious Culinary Tourism in Medan
- How can you make new friends in travel countries .
- Will you Travel After Covid-19 crisis ends?
- Strange Things may Surprise you about North Korea
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek
- Why Compare Cheap Airport Parking Valet Amenities for Vehicle Safety
- Everest base camp trek guide
- How to prepare for Annapurna base camp trek
- Manaslu Larke La pass Trekking
- 10 Wine Tasting Tips and Tricks for Napa Valley
- 6 Best National Parks In The Usa To Visit In Spring
- Migrating to Russia - All you need to know
- Russia travel tips - is it safe to travel to russia ?
- Things to Do in Dalat at Night
- The Best Nightlife Activities in Mui Ne
- Places to Visit at Night in Phu Quoc, Vietnam
- Everest Base Camp Trek Via Gokyo Lake
- Nightlife Destinations in Hai Phong Vietnam
- Three Reasons You'll Want to Fly With Just a Carry-On Bag
- How to travel with a pet to Vietnam
- 4 Tips When Choosing a Carry-on Bag
- Kickstart Your Paragliding Career With These Quick Tips
- 5 Places for Great Third Wave Coffee in Barcelona
- Flying by private jet is not an indulgence, reserved for of the social elite
- Top 10 Essentials for an Enjoyable Motorcycle Camping Trip
- The Best Activities for Bristol Stag Parties
- Apply for India tourist visa?
- 8 Tips to be a savvy dental tourist and enjoy your dental vacation in Vietnam
- Top ten hen party destinations