Calcium + Magnesium = Hard Water
- Author Randy Vore
- Published November 22, 2019
- Word count 767
Do your dishes have water spots after they dry?
Does your skin feel dry or itchy after you shower?
What would your Mother-in-law say?
Actually the above are typical signs of hard water, not an indication of how you keep your home.
Hard water is prevalent in most of Arizona. When the rain falls during monsoon season it collects calcium and magnesium along the way, eventually making it into your home.
It can be harmful to your homes plumbing and can shorten the lifespan of your appliances.
From scale buildup in your pipes and appliances, calcium + magnesium costly repair and replacement bills.
How do I know if I have Hard Water?
• White clothes are dingy, or your colors fade faster than usual
• Water has a foul taste or smell
• Skin and hair feel dry or itchy after you shower
• Low water pressure
• Appliances break down more often than they should
• Dishes have watermarks
• Showers and sinks have excessive lime or chalk buildup
Water Softener Myths Debunked
There are two common fears that we hear from our clients when it comes to installing a water softener in their home or business. Below sheds light on the myths.
• A water softener will increase my sodium intake.
The total amount of salt in your water doesn’t increase. In general, softened water contains only 12.5mg. To put it into perspective, 1 ounce equals 28349.5231 mg. The amount is negligible compared to the amount of salt that you can find in a diet soda.
• If I install a water softener, my skin will feel slippery and filmy.
Many people are used to their skin feeling dry from their hard water. A water softener brings your body’s natural oils to the surface, which for many, feels slippery.
Benefits of a Water Softener
Avoid the embarrassing water spots and give your pipes a break with a water softener. A softener treats hard water by removing the minerals responsible through a process called ion-exchange. The softener exchanges the mineral ions with sodium and potassium.
• Impress your Mother-In-Law with spotless dishes! Soft water fuses detergents and soaps, making them more productive; more lather means more cleaning action.
• Remove mineral deposits and reap the benefits of brighter, softer clothes with longer hugs and complements. When washing with hard water the minerals leave deposit on your clothes which cause them to fade and whites to look dingy.
• Soften your skin and enjoy cleaner your hair! Have you noticed that your soap or shampoo doesn’t lather like it should? Hard water prevents them from completely being soluble.
• Would you like to save money? A water softener can lower your gas or electric bills. When scale builds up in your pipes, less water is able to pass through, which increases the water pressure required to push the water through resulting in the use of more energy.
• As an extra bonus you will save on detergents, shampoo and soap as hard water uses twice the amount of cleaning solutions.
Please note that a water softener doesn’t remove bacteria or heavy metals such as lead, mercury, or iron. In situations that require the particulate matter to be removed, a reverse osmosis system is the answer.
Long Term Effects of Hard Water
Although hard water is not a health risk, it’s grueling on your plumbing fixtures and causes poor soap and detergent performance to name a few.
• Scale will reduce the life of your appliances
• Stained sinks and tubs
• Water bill increase
• Hard water uses twice the amount of cleaning solutions
• Unsightly dishware
• Lower efficiency of electric water heaters
• Clog pipes which can lead to frequent plumbing repairs
Choosing the Right Water Softener
How do I know what size is best for my home?
What should the water softener hardness be set at?
What are the grains of hardness is in my water?
From selecting the proper size water softener for your home or business to installation and information on buying the right salt pellets as well as how much salt you can expect to use on a monthly basis, Apple Plumbing Service will have your skin soft, washer smiling and pipes at peace in no time.
Commercial & Residential Water Softener Installation
Apple Plumbing Services has been making life softer for clients in Scottsdale, AZ and surrounding areas for over 25 years.
From water softeners to plumbing repairs as a result of hard water, no matter what the plumbing issue is, Apple Plumbing Services has your back!
Contact Apple Plumbing Services to learn more about how removing calcium and magnesium from your plumbing’s diet can benefit everyone at (480) 425-8282 today!
Family owned and serving residential and commercials clients in Scottsdale, AZ and the Valley for over 25 years, Randy Vore, owner of Apple Plumbing Services is known for his ability to solve plumbing solutions that others can't.
Certified, licensed, bonded and insured, Apple Plumbing Services is Better Business Bureau Accredited Business with an A+ Rating.
Visit https://www.appleplumbingaz.com to learn more!Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How to Clean Blinds the Best and Easiest Way
- How to Repair a Toilet
- Benefits of Using Blinds and Shutters for Windows
- Important Things To Know About Garage Door Opener Installation
- Do I need to flip my mattress?
- Why You Should Use an Epoxy Garage Floor Coating
- Top 10 Kitchen Cabinet Door Trends in 2020
- 10 Myths About Bedbugs
- The Story Of The Granite That Is Used For Your Worktops
- Push Lawn Mowers - All Yo need to know
- Major Considerations for Liquid Floor Screed
- The Benefits of Using Tiles in Your Home
- Air Duct Cleaning and Disinfecting Reviews
- Where Does All This Dust In My House Come From?
- Is a Portable Solar Battery Generator Right for Your Next Purchase?
- There Are Many Ways To Update Your Kitchen In Hertford
- Choosing the Right Floor for Your Next Home
- Various Benefits of Sealants and Adhesives as Correctional Materials
- How a Home Can Promote Longevity through the Principles of Wellness Design
- An Effective Guidance before You Install Insulation for Your Home
- Tips for choosing good cheap removalists interstate Melbourne
- Why Choose Resin For Your Driveway?
- Essential Things to Note When Searching for Concrete Restoration Services in Palm Beach
- How LED Lights Benefit Senior Citizens’ Health
- How to move your house
- What Is a Registered Electrician and Do I Need One?
- Why Sealants and Adhesives are Important Correctional Resources?
- Make A New Year Resolution To Refit Your Kitchen, And Make Certain You Do It
- Making Every House a Home
- Should I Use Liquid Screed For My Next Floor Installation?