Simple Steps to Creating Luxury Interior Design
- Author Michael Lane
- Published November 28, 2019
- Word count 481
You may have been lead to believe that the essence of luxury is the most expensive furniture, art pieces, and glamorous fixtures. This is somewhat true, after all quality does come at a price. However, the truth is that real luxury living cannot be bought. It is deeply personal - a reflection of your lifestyle and personality. It should suit your tastes, whilst still being aspirational.
At home, luxury interior design it is the art of curating objects that will bring you great comfort. How do you create a home that feels warm, satisfying and deeply luxurious, but still appears smart and design led?
Luxury interior design becomes simple when you follow these simple principles.
Principles of Texture
Play with texture, colour and shapes to achieve the visual aesthetic you want, and to invoke different sensations in spaces. Layer textures and colours to bring different spaces together and create flow. The texture of fabrics has an important effect on our subconscious mind and is used to great effect in luxury homes. Play with different colours to unite the softness of your velvet pillows, and hardness of marble bathroom floor. Texture adds depth to your design, and evokes the many layers of your personality.
Power of Sculpture
Clean fine lines create a very different experience to that of curved edges and round coffee tables. From floors to tiles, and furniture to vases, the objects you place on surfaces can be as powerful as the surfaces themselves. Explore the sensuality of curves, the mystery of spirals, the explosive power of a starburst and the unspoiled perfection of natural objects in designing your luxury space.
Wisdom of Age
Classic shapes, patterns and materials will always age well. In fact, anything heavily stylised, or from a definitive period will most likely return to fashion after several decades. Recreate the luxury of times gone by with a subtle nod to an era, as opposed to a full-on recreation of the 1970s. Think Art deco inspired wallpaper, mid century and inspired bureaux.
Vintage items brings a deep sense of experience to a home. The value of these items are the stories that accompany them. Sentimental pieces will attract the attention of friends and visitors to your home.
The most appealing aspect of a hotel room is the sheer minimalism. Excess clutter, storage boxes and boxes under beds are the complete opposite of luxury. How do you live your life in a space that looks as though it’s not meant to be touched? Walk in closet space, hidden storage, integrated appliances all uphold your design aesthetic, and still allow you to live your life.
Luxury interior design need not be complicated. Consider your five senses, and how they are stimulated by the environment you are creating. Play with light and shade throughout the spaces and most of all stay true to your wants, and comfort.
is a content writer and pianist who specializes on blogging, email marketing and sales page. Michael lives in Chelsea, London with her wife and kids, a golden retriever, and a turtle named RaphaelArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 5 Simple Ways Indoor Plantation Shutters Enhance Home Décor
- Tips for house removals
- Tips and tricks from ZDT Kitchen Remodeling for a smooth home renovation
- Locksmith 4 U
- Tips For Painting Or Staining Your Patio Deck
- Removing Oil Out Of Carpet
- Why pay for home development when you may do it yourself?
- How to Clean Blinds the Best and Easiest Way
- How to Repair a Toilet
- Benefits of Using Blinds and Shutters for Windows
- Important Things To Know About Garage Door Opener Installation
- Do I need to flip my mattress?
- Why You Should Use an Epoxy Garage Floor Coating
- Top 10 Kitchen Cabinet Door Trends in 2020
- 10 Myths About Bedbugs
- The Story Of The Granite That Is Used For Your Worktops
- Push Lawn Mowers - All Yo need to know
- Major Considerations for Liquid Floor Screed
- The Benefits of Using Tiles in Your Home
- Air Duct Cleaning and Disinfecting Reviews
- Where Does All This Dust In My House Come From?
- Is a Portable Solar Battery Generator Right for Your Next Purchase?
- There Are Many Ways To Update Your Kitchen In Hertford
- Choosing the Right Floor for Your Next Home
- Various Benefits of Sealants and Adhesives as Correctional Materials
- How a Home Can Promote Longevity through the Principles of Wellness Design
- An Effective Guidance before You Install Insulation for Your Home
- Tips for choosing good cheap removalists interstate Melbourne
- Why Choose Resin For Your Driveway?
- Essential Things to Note When Searching for Concrete Restoration Services in Palm Beach