Manga Rock Shuts Down Due to Piracy and Starts MR Comics
- Author Limarc Ambalina
- Published February 11, 2020
- Word count 383
Recently, I was looking for places where I could read the Your Name manga online. I came upon one of the most famous manga sites and manga apps in the world, Manga Rock. Unfortunately, the company has closed down. Manga Rock online and the Manga Rock APK on the android and iOS app stores have been taken down.
Like me, you’re probably wondering why and the answer is piracy.
"There’s no excuse for the negative impact aggregator sites like ourselves have created for the comic industry and creators," says Manga Rock.
The company has admitted their faults in full and genuinely wants to right their wrongs.
Only, they are not simply taking down their site and app, they are completely rebranding and recreating their company from the ground up.
Via their new brand, MR Comics, the company plans to create a new platform. This platform aims to make comics accessible to fans all over the world.
With over 10 years of experience building tech and catering to manga fans, the company shows great promise. Numerous Youtube commentators have already expressed their support.
Creating a Netflix for Manga
Everyone loves manga, but are people willing to pay for it? The answer seems to be yes.
One user named Adishnu asks "Can’t you make it like a Netflix for manga? One [fee] and unlimited reading, but like affordable? [Because] I wouldn’t mind paying that small amount, as long as I [can] keep reading."
Adishnu brings up a good point, one that I’ve been wondering for a long time. Why doesn’t someone come out with a Netflix for manga? After all, streaming services like Netflix have significantly cut down movie and television piracy. It’s easy to believe that a similar platform would do the same thing for manga.
Youtube commentators have shown almost universal support for such a platform. However, it’s likely easier said than done. There are copyright laws in place that may be different per country or per company.
One huge benefit MR Comics advertises is tools for creators. The company plans to provide creators and publishers with AI-assisted tools to help them with their work.
Until the platform takes off, however, we will have to read manga the standard way: buying them in stores or online.
There are no posted comments.
- Is McAfee Live Safe Better Than Total Protection?
- Why And How To Use Filezilla?
- Putting Digital Technology at The Center of A Post-Pandemic New Normal
- The privacy-first browser that doesn't track you
- An Introduction to the Game Recommendation Engine
- How Many People Use Instagram? 30+ Instagram Statistics (2021)
- How important are IT solutions and web development in Covid time
- Best Wi-Fi Extenders in 2020
- How to Troubleshoot Hp Printer Error?
- Regain control over your digital privacy with Maiar
- What Is Hyperfast Broadband And Why Is It So Popular Today
- Web Hosting Made Easy!
- How to choose good trustful web designer
- How to build your own file-hosting site without coding
- Generate Website Traffic Using Free Methods
- Website Promotion
- Website | Why build for your business?
- Forensic guide to WhatsApp data acquisition
- What Makes Online Casino Games So Popular?
- The History of Link Building
- Ten Words That Meant Different In a Pre-Internet World than Now
- 3 Amazing Facts About Paraphrasing Tool
- The Story of HoookedUP: The Social Media App that focuses on being a Helping Hand
- 5G to the rescue! - who is going to benefit from it the most?
- How to reset iCloud account if forgot password?
- Everything You Need to Know About the Best Software Company in Bangladesh
- make money online during lockdown
- Why you Should Hire a Local SEO Company in Melbourne
- Improve your link building efforts with these effective tactics
- Alternative for a self-ordering kiosk at your restaurant