Are You Being Thoughtfully Framed?
- Author Arielle Celeste
- Published April 17, 2020
- Word count 574
"Art consists of limitation. The most beautiful part of every picture is the frame."
- G.K. Chesterton
Custom Frame like an Egyptian in San Diego
The framing art has been around since Nero fiddled with Rome, somewhere between A.D. 50 to 70. To that point, a beautifully preserved, wood-framed portrait was discovered in an Egyptian tomb. I guess you could say besides the adept art of stacking giant stones, the Egyptians gave us a way to display art that remains fundamentally unchanged for well over one thousand years.
To frame or not to frame
Collectors of fine art, and artist themselves, understand how important framing is. A poorly framed photograph or painting can diminish, or worse, detract from the beauty the artist intended.
Plastic, metal or wood, oh my
Prefabricated picture frames come in a variety of sizes and materials and can range in price from a few bucks to hundreds of dollars. If budget is a consideration, you may find the cheaper materials affordable, but underwhelming.
Bobby, Felicia or Mona Lisa
Is this a professional photo, an iPhone shot, or are these pictures that might be replaced periodically, such as children’s graduation photos or family vacations?
If the answer is yes, then DIY framing may do the trick. However, if it’s something you cherish and plan on handing down, consider bringing your masterpiece to an expert.
Does matting matter?
There are many choices to mats, like color, shapes, texture, and visual impact. You may feel the mat may detract from the art, but aside from its visual impact, matting serves more practice purposes.
Prints, due to moisture, can sometimes stick to the glass causing a transfer of color or image. Suddenly your numbered print is devalued due to damage. The mat provides space for air to circulate between the glass and the image. Mats also keep the artwork or photo flat, hide any material used to keep the art in place, and allow the work to be handled without damage.
Is a pro the way to go?
Maybe a better question to ask is: how much does this work mean to you? Perhaps you're framing a personal photo or pictures taken by a professional photographer and these hold sentimental value. Will the historical photographic timeline of your family be passed from generation to generation? Then it would be wise to visit a professional framer to ensure years of enjoyment.
Picasso a frame for me
It is definitely wise to professionally frame numbered prints, original watercolors, oils or any work of art that was bought as an investment. Preserving the beauty and condition of your pieces in their original condition is not only prudent, but essential.
Knowledge is king
Another benefit to hiring a professional is they'll have the latest knowledge on framing. Their expertise includes knowing which materials to use (and more importantly, not use), and principles of shape, color and design. These are the pros best able to advise you in choosing a framing style that will compliment your art.
Custom framers in San Diego have specific skills and access to materials not widely available to department stores, home goods outlets or the general public, including special tools and techniques. A hands-on approach will ensure a quality job and customer satisfaction.
Bottom line is, your investment in art or family heirloom needs preservation and protection, which professional framers can handle. Your art deserves to be treasured for years to come.
To learn more about custom framing visit http://www.nainsookframing.comArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Post-COVID Marketing Strategies for Plastic Surgeons
- Everything You Need to Know About Epoxy Resin
- Top 5 Money Makers in Your Practice
- A step-by-step effective guide-How to rank your B2B content on the first page of Google?
- Build Your Brand and List During COVID-19
- COVID-19 Restart Plan for Plastic Surgeons
- How to Build Back Better Without INFLATION!
- Must Have Guide To Buy Loose Diamonds
- 7 Reasons Why Your Drains Might Be Blocked
- Defending America’s Democracy? Here’s How to Fund it!
- Automated Marketing Plan for Plastic Surgeons Post COVID-19
- El Salvador Adopts BitCoin
- Remember the 2019, UCH class of 1986 Reunion in Hyattsville, Maryland 20783, USA?
- Green Investments That Can Save Your Business Money
- The Next Big Thing in Freelance
- Addicted to Freelancing? 6 Reasons We Just Can't Stop it
- Plastic Surgery Loyalty Program
- The Four Great Chinese Festivals - A Traveler’s Guide
- Marketing Mix Strategies for Plastic Surgeons
- 5 Simple Ways To Go Green At Home
- 5 Powerful Ways For Your Business To Stand Out From The Competition
- Buying a super specialty home for our futuristic purposes is an exciting experience
- Top Ways Solar Positively Impacts the Environment
- The Biggest Problems with Freelancing and How You Can Fix them
- How Will Freelance Be 1 Year from Now
- What kind of cleaning need an office?
- How Long Does It Take to Install Solar Panels On A Home?
- 3 Reasons Your Small Business Needs A Copywriter or Editor
- 4 Common Print Advertising Mistakes
- How To Create Google Charts Like The Sankey Diagram