Is private equity right for your company?
- Author Nick Croft
- Published May 12, 2020
- Word count 521
If you have a revenue generating company that's been operating for a couple of years, and you're interested in taking it through to the next stage of growth - whether it's some cash injection or a complete overhaul - then consider looking into partnering with a private equity investor.
First of all, what is 'private equity'? In short, it's finance provided by investors in exchange for an equity stake in the company. Private equity (or PE for short) is generally associated with mature companies with growth potential that need regeneration. A wide range of industry sectors benefit from private equity funding such as technology, industrial, healthcare, banking and finance and more.
People are often confused about the difference between private equity and venture capital. Venture capital is actually a form of private equity but the main difference is that it tends to fund younger companies such as start-ups and emerging companies.
Now that you know a little bit more about private equity, don’t stop there - there’s plenty of resources out there that will teach you all you need to know about private equity funding. This is only the beginning.
Once you’ve read up a bit more about private equity and how it works, let’s take you through what you would need to do to acquire this type of funding for your company. The first thing you’ll need to do to start your private equity journey is to interview potential investors.
We understand how complex it is to search for the right private equity investor, so we've listed some key questions you should ask when trying to find the right investor to partner with for the long-term:
How much control will management and shareholders have?
Will there be follow-on investments? If so, what are the terms?
How experienced are the private equity firm in your sector?
Who are the main points of contact?
What will happen if either party wants to exit the deal?
What costs will the business be responsible for?
What is the investment horizon?
What does capital structure look like?
If you'd like more information for any of the questions above, you can read our full article on 10 Questions to ask a private equity investor.
As well as having these questions, we recommend that there is always a good lawyer present to negotiate on your behalf. You will want to find a law firm with experience not only in private equity investment, but they must also have the commercial experience to be able to put themselves in the position of the management or founder. Choose your lawyers with care and look out for independent references.
Parabellum Investments are specialist mid-market investors that only invests money procured from previous successful investments. Our independent investment fund does not include any third-party investors such as investment committees or banks. This ensures quicker operational processes and straight-forward communication without having to consult with every third-party investor which is typical for a traditional private equity deal. If you would like to find out how we can help your company thrive, visit our website and get in touch today.
There are no posted comments.
- The Averaging strategy in the share market
- The Superior OTC Markets Investor Relations Firm
- Introduction to Forex Trading
- Is Smartford really worth it?
- The Stock Market Investing Secrets of Peter Lynch, one of the World’s Greatest Stock Market Investors
- The Stock Market Investing Secrets of John Templeton, one of the World’s Greatest Stock Market Investors
- Is it a good idea to invest in Amazon stock?
- Proven Forex Strategies
- Trading using the 80/20 rule
- How To Get Rid Off From Forex Trading Scams Or Frauds in 2021
- What to Buy From Turkey Blog Series 1
- Red Flags - What kinds of brokers should you avoid?
- What you should know about uBanker in Nigeria
- What If Everyone Participated on the Ownership Side of the US Economy?
- THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN LOOKING FOR AN ONLINE FOREX TRADING COURSE
- What does Forex regulation actually do?
- Why Binomo Download In Thailand In A Time Of Crisis
- Getting The Right Training In Forex Trading
- Decentralized Principles of ABBC's DAO System
- 5 questions by beginner crypto traders answered by Binomo platform
- Beware - Bitcoin / Forex / Cryptocurrency Millionaires Fraud - "Vanessa Parker"
- How to Buy Bitcoin in Canada
- Is Dst A Good Investment?
- What you should know before finding cash buyer for your property?
- Five Simple Tools For Trading
- Five New Trader Pitfalls You Can Avoid.edited
- Cryptocurrency vs. Traditional Finance Instruments (for an investor)
- Why Choose Banks in North Carolina?
- What do successful traders have in common