Prepare your home for Quarantine
- Author Noah Albertson
- Published May 11, 2020
- Word count 475
With so many families staying home amidst the Covid-19 pandemic, it’s not surprising our home kitchen’s are getting a lot of use! From homeschooling at the kitchen table or kitchen bar to repeated trips to the kitchen cabinets for snacks, our home kitchens have become the epicenter of home quarantine!
Now is a great time to take advantage of the extra pairs of hands and helpers at home to get your new living space in tip-top shape and organized. It’s the perfect opportunity to reorganize your kitchen cabinets and even make them kid-friendly.
Don’t forget to let the kids help. This will give them a sense of contributing to the family and a great opportunity to let them feel a sense of pride once they see their accomplishments.
Step 1 – De-clutter.
Kitchens can be a difficult space to organize – there is lots of stuff, and we love all of our cool kitchen gadgets! But take this time to really think about what you use and need. You will be surprised at how much space you will free up in your kitchen cabinets by just purging all those duplicate or broken items.
Step 2 – Make things easily accessible.
Let the kids choose a bottom kitchen cabinet that houses their things. Schoolwork, puzzles, games, art projects, and the like. Help them prioritize what should go in their kitchen cabinet and suggest ways to organize it. But remember, this is their cabinet, so let them get creative.
Step 3 – Arrange items in the kitchen cabinets by category.
• Plates and bowls
• Coffee mugs and drinking cups
• Pots and pans
• Cookie sheets and bakeware
• Storage containers
• Pots and Pans
• Kitchen specialty items- blender, juicer, rice cooker, etc.
Step 4 – Come up with creative ways to utilize poorly designed or small cabinet spaces.
Small or poorly designed spaces will require some creativity, but don’t let these spaces go to waste. Try small jars or containers to store loose items.
Step 5 – Designate one kitchen drawer for junk.
Yes, we all have them. Just be sure all your kitchen drawers don’t become the beloved junk drawer. But, you can also organize the junk drawer. Use small containers or a silverware tray to separate items and make them easier to find. Need an idea for teaching younger kids about grouping and sorting? Your junk drawer is the answer! Let them sort and then explain why they chose the method they did. Don’t forget to praise them for their efforts!
As we spend more and more time at home, it’s a great opportunity to get the whole family involved with small (and large) projects. Not only will you provide a useful activity for the kids, provide a personal space for the kids’ things, and give them a sense of purpose and pride…. You’ll also get an orderly and organized kitchen!
Factory Direct Cabinets and Countertopshttp://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 5G to the rescue! - who is going to benefit from it the most?
- The Complete Guide to Makoto Shinkai's Best Movies
- How to Learn Japanese With Manga: 5 Books for Beginners
- Why Is WordPress Bad?
- Stopping Fax Spam
- Strategic planning pillars
- Teaching Kids to Unplug – A Parenting Battle Worth Fighting
- Potty Training Sucks. Here Are 8 Sanity Saving Tips
- THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN LOOKING FOR AN ONLINE FOREX TRADING COURSE
- Phony Appeals to Fallacies of Pretentious Squeals
- 21st Century Solution for 21st Century Problems
- Importance of online shopping, don’t waste your time.
- Furniture Ideas for Small Space
- Anime Who Breaks Your Heart
- How to Love A Man Who Never You Met
- Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) Trends for 2020
- Cheap VS Expensive Mattresses: How to Get the Best Value for Money
- A Journey To Stardom - DJ ANUP USA
- Must have Project Reports
- What Is Data Democratization and Why is it Needed?
- Perfumes and Colognes
- Arm your devices with McAfee to avoid ‘zero-day threats’
- SocialTracer.Online – A visitor tracking app launched to help contain the pandemic
- Choosing the Right Garden Seating or Garden Furniture
- High-Impact Nature Of The Industrial Cleaning Process
- Brand Marketing During Coronavirus: What You Need to Know
- Put Song Lyrics on Pictures and Pass Your Love Messages
- None of Us Are Above the Placebo Effect
- How to Spend Small Capital to Start a Business
- What Is Leptin Resistance?