Prepare your home for Quarantine
- Author Noah Albertson
- Published May 11, 2020
- Word count 475
With so many families staying home amidst the Covid-19 pandemic, it’s not surprising our home kitchen’s are getting a lot of use! From homeschooling at the kitchen table or kitchen bar to repeated trips to the kitchen cabinets for snacks, our home kitchens have become the epicenter of home quarantine!
Now is a great time to take advantage of the extra pairs of hands and helpers at home to get your new living space in tip-top shape and organized. It’s the perfect opportunity to reorganize your kitchen cabinets and even make them kid-friendly.
Don’t forget to let the kids help. This will give them a sense of contributing to the family and a great opportunity to let them feel a sense of pride once they see their accomplishments.
Step 1 – De-clutter.
Kitchens can be a difficult space to organize – there is lots of stuff, and we love all of our cool kitchen gadgets! But take this time to really think about what you use and need. You will be surprised at how much space you will free up in your kitchen cabinets by just purging all those duplicate or broken items.
Step 2 – Make things easily accessible.
Let the kids choose a bottom kitchen cabinet that houses their things. Schoolwork, puzzles, games, art projects, and the like. Help them prioritize what should go in their kitchen cabinet and suggest ways to organize it. But remember, this is their cabinet, so let them get creative.
Step 3 – Arrange items in the kitchen cabinets by category.
• Plates and bowls
• Coffee mugs and drinking cups
• Pots and pans
• Cookie sheets and bakeware
• Storage containers
• Pots and Pans
• Kitchen specialty items- blender, juicer, rice cooker, etc.
Step 4 – Come up with creative ways to utilize poorly designed or small cabinet spaces.
Small or poorly designed spaces will require some creativity, but don’t let these spaces go to waste. Try small jars or containers to store loose items.
Step 5 – Designate one kitchen drawer for junk.
Yes, we all have them. Just be sure all your kitchen drawers don’t become the beloved junk drawer. But, you can also organize the junk drawer. Use small containers or a silverware tray to separate items and make them easier to find. Need an idea for teaching younger kids about grouping and sorting? Your junk drawer is the answer! Let them sort and then explain why they chose the method they did. Don’t forget to praise them for their efforts!
As we spend more and more time at home, it’s a great opportunity to get the whole family involved with small (and large) projects. Not only will you provide a useful activity for the kids, provide a personal space for the kids’ things, and give them a sense of purpose and pride…. You’ll also get an orderly and organized kitchen!
Factory Direct Cabinets and Countertopshttp://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Vestibuloplasty Procedure using Dental Diode Lasers
- Deep Learning vs Machine Learning
- Powerful Keyloggers for Windows
- Bridging the Deep Political Divide of 2021…Economically
- Be an Example, Get the Covid Shot
- Small-Souled Bugmen
- How you get valued backlinks to a website
- HGRBS New Year’s Powerpack Series 1-4 [ Critical U.S. Homeowner's Guides for 2021 ]
- 5 Ways to Spice Up Your Japan Travel Itinerary
- Things You Must Know About mSpy App
- Are You Imprisoned In Your Mind
- How ‘No-Code Tools’ Help Your Business.
- Adapting to the New Changes of Economics Of B2B Marketing
- How to help a stray dog
- What To Do When The Basement Floods
- Why A Website Is Important For Small Businesses?
- How We Rebranded, Redesigned & Redefined a Small Business
- 3 amazing facts about affiliate Marketing
- Storing Food for Emergency Situations
- How To Get Rid Off From Forex Trading Scams Or Frauds in 2021
- 4 Guidelines On How To Make Your Website Stand Out
- Why Your Business Needs A Corporate Video in 2021
- Get Abortion Pill Online to Easily Terminate the Unwanted Gestation
- THE CREATION
- Critical Mass: The Search for the Quantum/Classical Threshold, the Inanimate God and the Beginning of Time
- BEST REASONS TO BUY CIGARETTES AND CIGAR ONLINE
- Build dual boot and multi-boot environments with a boot manager
- How do you know if your Car Needs Coolant?
- Which vaccinations are recommended during pregnancy?
- Family Law Attorney - You Would Be Surprised At How Important They Are!