10 Best Data Annotation Companies for Machine Learning
- Author Alex Nguyen
- Published April 21, 2020
- Word count 566
Many machine learning companies struggle with finding solutions for rapidly build datasets to train their algorithms. In this piece, we outline the best outsourced data annotation companies and the services they provide.
Data annotation is the process of adding contextual information to raw data to serve as training examples for machine learning models. For more information about what AI training data is, check out our article on the topic.
Before deciding to annotate data internally or externally, consider the following factors:
How much training data do you need?
There is no standard answer for the amount of data required to achieve adequate model performance — this very much depends on the type of model, the training method you’re using, as well as the acceptable tolerance for errors.
Do annotators require specialized expertise?
Building a medical imaging model and an entity extractor are two different problems, each with its own unique set of issues. Medical, legal or technical data generally requires specialized skills to annotate, meaning annotators will need a significant amount of education and training prior to handling data.
Do you have the bandwidth to develop annotation tools in-house?
In taking on annotations internally, you’ll need to invest in the annotation process itself, from designing annotation tools from scratch to creating annotator onboarding materials.
Best Data Annotation Companies List
Amazon Mechanical Turk: Mechanical Turk (aka MTurk) is a platform by Amazon where requesters pay workers who will help them finish a human intelligence task (or HIT) by working on micro-tasks or assignments. Sample HITs are transcribing text or labeling images. The output can be used to build training and validation datasets for machine learning models.
Lionbridge AI: Similar to Mechanical Turk, Lionbridge AI is a solution to get crowdsourced human-annotated data. However, unlike Mechanical Turk, Lionbridge AI manages the entire data annotation process, from designing workflows to sourcing qualified workers. With over 500,000 contributors across 300 languages, Lionbridge AI covers both simple data annotation tasks as well as linguistically complex long-term projects. Clients can either send raw data or instructions or get custom staffing solutions when there are specific requirements such as secure locations, dedicated workforces, or custom devices.
Edgecase: Edgecase is a data factory that provides synthetic data and data labelling services for machine learning companies. With ties to universities and industry experts, Edgecase provides data annotation and custom built complex datasets to AI companies in retail, agriculture, medicine, security and more.
Scale: With a focus on computer vision applications, Scale offers a suite of managed labeling services via its annotation API to create the ground truth for machine learning models.
Hive: A end-to-end solution annotation platform that allows users to create training datasets for content categorization, computer vision, and more.
Figure Eight: Formerly known as Crowdflower, Figure Eight provides human-in-the-loop software to automate tasks for machine learning algorithms.
Humans in the Loop: Data labelling to train and improve your computer vision machine learning solutions. Use cases include face recognition, self-driving cars, and figure detection.
Clickworker: Clickworker is a micro tasking marketplace, catering data management and web research services as well as AI algorithms training.
Appen: With a crowd of 400,000 workers on the platform, Appen has experience annotating a wide variety of machine learning data types including speech, text, image and video.
Dbrain: Dbrain is a platform that connects 20,000 crowdworkers with data scientists to prepare and label data and deliver high-accuracy datasets ready for machine learning.
There are no posted comments.
- Deep Learning vs Machine Learning
- Build dual boot and multi-boot environments with a boot manager
- The necessary digitization of the economy and business
- Give your computer a boost with System Mechanic Professional
- Text Annotation Tools for Machine Learning Projects
- Should you choose MP4 or MKV format for your videos?
- Top 5 Best NUC PC for 2020
- Recover lost or damaged partitions with this freeware toolkit
- 9 Free PC Optimizer, Boost Gaming PC 300% Faster
- The Point of Sale Kiosks Are the Wave of the Future For All
- Protect your digital assets with drive image backup software
- How to resolve QuickBooks error 6000 83?
- How to resolve QuickBooks error 12007?
- FINTECH TRENDS: AI, SMART CONTRACTS, NEOBANKS, INSURETECH, REGTECH, OPEN BANKING AND BLOCKCHAIN
- Climate Change Data Sets for Machine Learning
- Sentiment Analysis Tools and Services for Machine Learning
- Remote Desktop vs VPN - Everything You Need To Know
- Enjoy ultimate creative freedom with ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate 2021
- How Mobile Phone Towers Could Help Monitor Rainfall in Developing Countries
- When to replace your smartphone battery
- 3 Ways KEYSERV Video Integrates with Zoom to Create a Seamless Recording Experience
- What is Product Categorization?
- The gilding process on the edge of the card, Zhanfeng smart card can be customized.
- Backyard Revolution Review
- Research Reveals How to Increase Your Workplace Performance with Remote Working
- Top Tips for Protecting Your Phone Against Water Damage
- Diagnose, repair, and optimize your PC with System Mechanic Trial
- FIFA 21 Release Date Leak - Will The Game Be Released On This Date?
- 12 Best Text Classification Tools and Services
- The Importance of Natural Language Processing for Non-English Languages