10 Open Datasets for Linear Regression
- Author Limarc Ambalina
- Published April 30, 2020
- Word count 542
Every data scientist will likely have to perform linear regression tasks and predictive modeling processes at some point in their studies or career. For those of you looking to learn more about the topic or complete some sample assignments, this article will introduce 10 open datasets for linear regression. Additionally, some of the datasets on this list include regression tasks for you to complete with the data.
Linear Regression Datasets for Machine Learning
- Cancer Linear Regression
This dataset includes data taken from cancer.gov about deaths due to cancer in the United States. Along with the dataset, the author includes a full walkthrough on how they sourced and prepared the data, their exploratory analysis, model selection, diagnostics, and interpretation.
- CDC Data: Nutrition, Physical Activity, Obesity
From the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System at the CDC, this dataset includes information about physical activity, weight, and average adult diet.
- Fish Market Dataset
Built for multiple linear regression and multivariate analysis, the Fish Market Dataset contains information about common fish species in market sales. The dataset includes the fish species, weight, length, height, and width.
- Medical Insurance Costs
This dataset was inspired by the book Machine Learning with R by Brett Lantz. The data contains medical information and costs billed by health insurance companies. It contains 1338 rows of data and the following columns: age, gender, BMI, children, smoker, region, insurance charges.
- New York Stock Exchange Dataset
Created as a resource for technical analysis, this dataset contains historical data from the New York stock market. The dataset comes in four CSV files: prices, prices-split-adjusted, securities, and fundamentals. Using this data, you can experiment with predictive modeling, rolling linear regression, and more.
- OLS Regression Challenge
The OLS regression challenge tasks you with predicting cancer mortality rates for US counties. The dataset contains data from cancer.gov, clinicaltrials.gov, and the American Community Survey. It is in CSV format and includes the following information about cancer in the US: death rates, reported cases, US county name, income per county, population, demographics, and more.
- Real Estate Price Prediction
This real estate dataset was built for regression analysis, linear regression, multiple regression, and prediction models. It includes the date of purchase, house age, location, distance to nearest MRT station, and house price of unit area.
- Red Wine Quality
From the UCI Machine Learning Repository, this dataset can be used for regression modeling and classification tasks. The dataset includes info about the chemical properties of different types of wine and how they relate to overall quality.
- Vehicle Dataset from CarDekho
A useful dataset for price prediction, this vehicle dataset includes information about cars and motorcycles listed on CarDekho.com. The data is in a CSV file which includes the following columns: model, year, selling price, showroom price, kilometers driven, fuel type, seller type, transmission, and number of previous owners.
- WHO Statistics on Life Expectancy
This dataset contains information compiled by the World Health Organization and the United Nations to track factors that affect life expectancy. The data contains 2938 rows and 22 columns. The columns include: country, year, developing status, adult mortality, life expectancy, infant deaths, alcohol consumption per capita, country’s expenditure on health, immunization coverage, BMI, deaths under 5-years-old, deaths due to HIV/AIDS, GDP, population, body condition, income information, and education.
There are no posted comments.
- Deep Learning vs Machine Learning
- Build dual boot and multi-boot environments with a boot manager
- The necessary digitization of the economy and business
- Give your computer a boost with System Mechanic Professional
- Text Annotation Tools for Machine Learning Projects
- Should you choose MP4 or MKV format for your videos?
- Top 5 Best NUC PC for 2020
- Recover lost or damaged partitions with this freeware toolkit
- 9 Free PC Optimizer, Boost Gaming PC 300% Faster
- The Point of Sale Kiosks Are the Wave of the Future For All
- Protect your digital assets with drive image backup software
- How to resolve QuickBooks error 6000 83?
- How to resolve QuickBooks error 12007?
- FINTECH TRENDS: AI, SMART CONTRACTS, NEOBANKS, INSURETECH, REGTECH, OPEN BANKING AND BLOCKCHAIN
- Climate Change Data Sets for Machine Learning
- Sentiment Analysis Tools and Services for Machine Learning
- Remote Desktop vs VPN - Everything You Need To Know
- Enjoy ultimate creative freedom with ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate 2021
- How Mobile Phone Towers Could Help Monitor Rainfall in Developing Countries
- When to replace your smartphone battery
- 3 Ways KEYSERV Video Integrates with Zoom to Create a Seamless Recording Experience
- What is Product Categorization?
- The gilding process on the edge of the card, Zhanfeng smart card can be customized.
- Backyard Revolution Review
- Research Reveals How to Increase Your Workplace Performance with Remote Working
- Top Tips for Protecting Your Phone Against Water Damage
- Diagnose, repair, and optimize your PC with System Mechanic Trial
- FIFA 21 Release Date Leak - Will The Game Be Released On This Date?
- 12 Best Text Classification Tools and Services
- The Importance of Natural Language Processing for Non-English Languages