10 Open Datasets for Linear Regression
- Author Limarc Ambalina
- Published April 30, 2020
- Word count 542
Every data scientist will likely have to perform linear regression tasks and predictive modeling processes at some point in their studies or career. For those of you looking to learn more about the topic or complete some sample assignments, this article will introduce 10 open datasets for linear regression. Additionally, some of the datasets on this list include regression tasks for you to complete with the data.
Linear Regression Datasets for Machine Learning
- Cancer Linear Regression
This dataset includes data taken from cancer.gov about deaths due to cancer in the United States. Along with the dataset, the author includes a full walkthrough on how they sourced and prepared the data, their exploratory analysis, model selection, diagnostics, and interpretation.
- CDC Data: Nutrition, Physical Activity, Obesity
From the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System at the CDC, this dataset includes information about physical activity, weight, and average adult diet.
- Fish Market Dataset
Built for multiple linear regression and multivariate analysis, the Fish Market Dataset contains information about common fish species in market sales. The dataset includes the fish species, weight, length, height, and width.
- Medical Insurance Costs
This dataset was inspired by the book Machine Learning with R by Brett Lantz. The data contains medical information and costs billed by health insurance companies. It contains 1338 rows of data and the following columns: age, gender, BMI, children, smoker, region, insurance charges.
- New York Stock Exchange Dataset
Created as a resource for technical analysis, this dataset contains historical data from the New York stock market. The dataset comes in four CSV files: prices, prices-split-adjusted, securities, and fundamentals. Using this data, you can experiment with predictive modeling, rolling linear regression, and more.
- OLS Regression Challenge
The OLS regression challenge tasks you with predicting cancer mortality rates for US counties. The dataset contains data from cancer.gov, clinicaltrials.gov, and the American Community Survey. It is in CSV format and includes the following information about cancer in the US: death rates, reported cases, US county name, income per county, population, demographics, and more.
- Real Estate Price Prediction
This real estate dataset was built for regression analysis, linear regression, multiple regression, and prediction models. It includes the date of purchase, house age, location, distance to nearest MRT station, and house price of unit area.
- Red Wine Quality
From the UCI Machine Learning Repository, this dataset can be used for regression modeling and classification tasks. The dataset includes info about the chemical properties of different types of wine and how they relate to overall quality.
- Vehicle Dataset from CarDekho
A useful dataset for price prediction, this vehicle dataset includes information about cars and motorcycles listed on CarDekho.com. The data is in a CSV file which includes the following columns: model, year, selling price, showroom price, kilometers driven, fuel type, seller type, transmission, and number of previous owners.
- WHO Statistics on Life Expectancy
This dataset contains information compiled by the World Health Organization and the United Nations to track factors that affect life expectancy. The data contains 2938 rows and 22 columns. The columns include: country, year, developing status, adult mortality, life expectancy, infant deaths, alcohol consumption per capita, country’s expenditure on health, immunization coverage, BMI, deaths under 5-years-old, deaths due to HIV/AIDS, GDP, population, body condition, income information, and education.
There are no posted comments.
- How to Use Cyclonis Password Manager Instead of Keychain on iPhone
- Simplify your migration from QuarkXPress to Adobe InDesign
- How To Take Grow Light Help In Indoor Plants
- Introduction to PDF to word conversion on Windows, and Mac
- Bring out the best in your photos with ACDSee Professional photo software
- Want to Become an IT Security Professional?
- Securely erase your data with Active@ ZDelete
- 30 Largest TensorFlow Datasets for Machine Learning
- Types of Cables and Wires Found in Modern Technology
- SAP S/4 HANA – Empowering Manufacturers Driving Digital Transformation
- Business mistakes contact centres make during cloud migration
- What Is Data Democratization and Why is it Needed?
- Tech Sector to Weather Economic Storm
- Top 10 Stock Market Datasets for Machine Learning
- Best Image Annotation Tools for Computer Vision
- What To Know About iPad Screen Repair
- Robotic process automation (RPA)
- 10 Best Data Annotation Companies for Machine Learning
- 11 Best Named Entity Recognition Tools
- How ADN Helps Crypto Funding Evolve
- The Future of Data Analytics: 5 Predictions for Where We Are Headed
- 10 Data Analytics Terms Every Beginner Should Know
- ADN Coin: Benefits of Holding Our Coin
- Five Benefits of CCTV Cameras That Go Beyond Video Recording
- How to choose your tablet?
- There Is A Lot To Consider When Setting Up A Private Medical Practice
- How Blockchain can Help fight Climate Change and Save the Environment
- Top 20 Twitter Datasets for Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning
- Best Data Labeling Tools for Machine Learning Projects