How to Clean Blinds the Best and Easiest Way
- Author Alice Perera
- Published May 28, 2020
- Word count 640
While everyone knows many tricks for keeping their windows clean, not so much is known about cleaning window blinds - especially designs such as honeycomb blinds in Sydney, which are slightly more complicated to clean than vertical blinds. With so many people switching to roller blinds in Sydney, it’s not surprising that one of the most common Google searches related deep cleaning your home is for ways to quickly and effectively deep clean dusty blinds ranging from honeycomb blinds to vertical blinds in Sydney. Keep reading to find out how to easily clean your blinds and keep your window coverings dust-free!
Cleaning regular blinds like roller blinds (especially one of the most popular blinds in Sydney, the day and night roller blinds) and vertical blinds in Sydney start with the quite obvious first step of dusting! Before you start dusting, prepare your blinds by lowering them fully - there are certain roller blinds in Sydney that overlap, so pay special attention to ensure they are positioned at a tilt downwards but are not completely closed.
Once your blinds are prepped and in position, start dusting them from top to bottom using a microfiber cloth. If you don’t have a microfiber cloth on hand, use an old acrylic or polyester sock instead. Another option is to use you your vacuum cleaner on a low suction setting to avoid damaging blinds - don’t forget to use a gentle dusting brush attachment too! After you’ve worked your way from top to bottom on one side of your vertical blinds or roller blinds in Sydney, flip it and get to work on the other side with your microfiber cloth, sock or vacuum.
Wondering how to clean your day and night roller blinds in Sydney? Much like cleaning regular roller blinds and vertical blinds in Sydney, start by dusting while they’re still hanging using a microfiber cloth, sock or vacuum - if you opt for a vacuum, we can’t stress enough about the importance of using it at a low suction level to avoid causing damage. Once you’ve thoroughly dusted both sides of your day and night roller blinds, carefully remove them and place them in a bathtub filled with warm water and regular dish soap. Let the blinds soak for about an hour, after which you can gently rinse them with warm water and carefully dislodge any excess dirt or dust with a sponge. It’s important to let the blinds dry thoroughly before reinstalling them.
If you think your blinds don’t need to be washed, you can opt to spot clean areas without removing the blinds. Jus combine warm water and dish soap in a small bowl, then spot clean stubborn stains with a microfiber cloth soaked (wring it out) in this solution - repeat this steps with a clean cloth with plain water and leave it to air dry!
Do you have honeycomb blinds in Sydney and not sure how to clean it? It’s just slightly more complicated, but you should also start by dusting with a microfiber cloth, but you will also
Need to pay attention to clean out the cells where everything from dust to dead insects can easily collect.
Position a can of compressed air at the mouth of each cell and press the release the compressed air which will clear the cells of collected dust and dead insects. If finding a can of compressed air is difficult, you can always use a hairdryer on a low cool setting - avoid using hot air as it can affect the glue used and result in your honeycomb blinds being damaged. Since a lot of dirt is likely to come flying out from the other side with this step, place a cloth or newspaper on the other side to avoid a mess!
There are no posted comments.
- Electrical Safety Tips & Hazards
- Do-Able Tips For US Private Home Heads Hiring Best Contractors, Part 1
- Maintenance Basics for Heat Pumps
- Types Of Humidifiers: Understanding The Pros And Cons
- HOW TO CHOOSE THE MAGNIFYING COSMETIC MIRROR
- Best Random Orbital Sanders for Woodworking
- What Questions to Ask When Choosing the Best Carpenter?
- How To Choose Interior Doors
- How To Size A Space Heater For Your Home
- Roof Replacement- 8 Critical Signs That Show You Need It
- Are You Looking for Remodeling Experts?
- Why Get Your Carpets Professionally Cleaned
- Finding the Best Fencing Contractors
- Home Safety: Priority #1 – Careful Who We Hire?
- Casement window: great choice for wider view
- Top 4 Benefits of Roof Cleaning
- What is The Best Power Scrubber to Buy in 2020?
- Mold in Melbourne are at your corner - Let's crush it with caulk
- Why caulking is important
- Health hazards caused by Mold
- 10 Quick Tips For Unpacking in a New Home
- Commentary - Homeowner’s Guides In Successful Resident-Contractor Relations
- What to do with unwanted furniture
- Homeowner’s Guides In Successful Resident-Contractor Relations
- SUMMARY - YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Part 2 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Part 1 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Peel And Stick Wallpaper – A More Convenient Alternative
- How to Choose the Best Roof Installation Service Provider for Your House?
- 5 Simple Ways Indoor Plantation Shutters Enhance Home Décor