Why Is WordPress Bad?
- Author Bob Costello
- Published May 22, 2020
- Word count 568
WordPress is currently the most popular Content Management System in use today. It requires no coding skills or even a basic understanding of HTML. Anyone can build a website with little knowledge of technical web development or internet marketing. However, some large corporations use WordPress to build beautiful and highly functional sites. They look good and work great, as long as someone is monitoring and updating them on a regular basis.
Many successful marketing agencies build, and offer the needed ongoing support, for WordPress sites. They are stylish and work well. The customer sees a beautiful, functional site that brings them traffic and prospects.
Well, we do a little internet marketing work for some of our clients and have thus become familiar with some cheaply built websites. At first, we did not understand why some of these sites were being penalized by Google. On several sites we were optimizing the rankings unexpectedly went bad, and a couple sites disappeared from Google altogether. It turned out that the sites had been hacked through some ‘free’ plug-ins that their web guy used. That’s one of the biggest problems we see. A free theme or add-on is often a malware loaded script that is used to spread viruses.
Even the major plug-ins can have problems. Yoast is a popular, free SEO plug in. Last year, their automatic ‘update’ created issues and over 110,000 websites were penalized by Google; i.e.; many were removed from the search index. (do a search for Yoast plugin causes Google rankings drop)
Here’s how a WordPress project usually goes wrong. First, the business owner does not have any expertise on the marketing project that a modern website is. The thing they do understand is price. So, they get a sales pitch that says WordPress is cheap and they can do all the updates and additional content themselves. Sounds good, especially when compared to an agency wanting to charge a few thousand dollars and then a monthly fee to keep the site and code updated.
When these WordPress developers are confronted with the hacking problem the typical response is that the customer is responsible for doing weekly updates to the WP theme and all the plug-ins.
From a search engine optimization standpoint, after doing significant work to get high rankings on a website it can all be wiped out by a hack. Google will remove the site from their index. While we can submit a ‘Re-inclusion Request’ to Google, it’s a lot of work and usually, the rankings never recover. The best fix is to start all over with a new domain name and new website.
Today, based on Webmaster Guidelines and search industry best practices, most small businesses just need a well-optimized single page website. It’s easier to rank and, most importantly, when someone is searching on a mobile device it’s much easier to get your message and Call to Action in front of them. They don’t have to deal with site navigation. Mobile device users don’t need the extra pages to search through. They need a quick description of the product or service, a call to action, and a clickable phone number at the top of the page.
We now recommend building a site created in pure HTML code. It is not hack-able, there are no third party scripts that can hide malware. Companies like DynoWebsites offer these services.
Dyno Websites builds one page websites following all current Google Webmaster guidelines. See our comments on WordPress websites at: https://dynowebsites.com/is-wordpress-secureArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Why You Should Continue With SEO After You've Reached Your Ranking Targets
- Link Building: How To Rank Above Competitors On Google In 2021
- Do You Want SEO for Your Website? Find the Tips to Find the Best One
- How Do You Turn Customers Into Brand Advocates?
- Different Types of Google Ads Marketing Platforms
- How Can I Find a Genuine SEO Company?
- Why Is SEO So Slow - Legit SEO Takes Some Time To Deliver Results
- Is SEO Still a Valuable Marketing Activity?
- What Should You Expect From A Reputable SEO Company?
- Simple Steps To Improve Your SEO From A to Z
- 5 Things Every SEO Content Writer Must Do
- Why Writers Need An Online Paraphrasing Tool
- Everything You Need to Start an SEO Business
- Why Backlink Checker Tool is Very Important for Digital Marketer?
- How Brand Image can Help Improve SEO
- Why do you need SEO?
- Stay Competitive with Trending SEO Aspects
- SEO Ranking Factors 2020
- History of SEO
- How Can You Integrate SEO and PPC in Your Marketing Strategies?
- Foolproof Ways to Grow Your Instagram Followers in 2020 (and Beyond)
- Effective Ways to Build High-quality DoFollow Backlinks
- Tips to Help Your Website Generate More Leads
- Helpful Tips to Bulletproof Your SEO Strategy
- Benefits of optimizing your website for local SEO
- Easy Steps in Which CRO Audit is performed
- Clipping Path: The Technique to Make Your Picture Look Better
- Avail Affordable SEO Service for Your Business.
- Web Development Outsourcing