SOME TIPS AND TRICKS TO HELP GET CERTIFIED
- Author Daniel Cerone
- Published June 14, 2020
- Word count 768
Taking exams can be nerve racking at the best of times, regardless if you are looking at obtaining project management certifications such as PMP, Prince2 etc., or furthering your education in any field. The one aspect which cannot be denied is being prepared and that goes for most things in life. There can be other factors which can assist with being prepared to take that exam and the following are some tips and tricks which you may consider using before taking that test.
Reading through some of the tips and tricks may seem like common sense, and you will work out that most things normally relate to what is common sense, but we are all different and there could be some elements which may have not been considered as an opportunity to remember an answer to a possible question. To that end, the following are a few tricks which have been of assistance to people I have spoken to over the years, and you may find them useful, and possibly apply to certification exams.
Attempt the easy questions first, don’t spend too much time working out the answer to the complex question first, save the time. No matter the question, there are always some clues and sections that are easier than others. Possibly use those to help answer harder ones and to build confidence. Leave answers blank when unsure, and only lightly pencil in those partly known.
So when applying this method during a certification exam, skip hard questions and leave them blank the first or second time through your exam. Exam creators like to put hard questions near the beginning to test understanding. It is easy to spend 10 or more minutes on early difficult questions, which leaves precious little time for the remainder. Skip them! As, difficult questions are easier the second or third time through.
When an answer is not evident, then rely on patterns to figure out the answer. So applying this in exam conditions, look for distracters (e.g., oxymoron like “assumption constraint”) to spot incorrect answers. Look for answers that have 3 commonalities between them and one that does not (odds are good that is the correct answer, but not always.) Wording from one question can help you with others.
Ensure that the question has been comprehended correctly, so interpretation is extremely important. Exam writers want more than someone who can recall the answer, but think of it instead. For instance, suppose a question is encountered that makes common sense but contradicts your understanding. An example of this can be, and this during preparation to take the PMP exam, a question regarding paying bribes to get a project approved in a foreign country where the practice is common was asked. That option would not be the correct answer because it violates the PM Body of Knowledge (PMBOK Guide®).
Consider using multiple iterations to complete answers, unless you love doing tests, and it is a common occurrence for you, this is not the case for the rest of us. Prepare by doing two or three iterations of reading through and answering questions on the exam. Follow rule number one that is leave blank every hard answer encountered on the first read-through. Flag any questions partly sure, as mentioned in rule number 2. Doing practice exams also enables discussions, and it is during these discussions that you work out that changing an answer or two can lead to discovery that the first answer was correct after all. Ensure this does not happen to you during the exam. Leave answers blank until you are sure of them.
The best guess, not very scientific, but at times a fall back, especially when time is almost up and there are still unanswered questions. There is no penalty for guessing, only for not answering a question. Try to pace yourself, so time management is a must so you don’t have make an educated guess on too many questions. If you are seriously close to the end, put down any answer. When in serious doubt, and this may be a myth, but the answer “b” occurs most often in exams. Not entirely sure if this is true but putting answer “b” on say five blank answers probably ensures you get one or two of them correct.
It is understood, that one common denominator among virtually all students is exam anxiety. It is very common, and if nothing else this was to provide you with more than one approach in combating it. It would be great to hear from you and please share your own tips and tricks that have worked.
Part of the IT industry for over 30 years, working in many varied and challenging organisations. The last 24 years have been directly working as a Project Manager, complemented with certifications.
I have worked in many different fields as both the vendor and the customer, between established organisations to start-ups; I have enjoyed each role, for their diversity and the people I have met along the way.
Email: email@example.com Website: https://projectmanagementcompanion.comArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Childhood Poverty in the USA Eliminated Forever!
- Darlox Electronics Limited: One-stop solution reduces the barriers for customers to enter the industrial field
- 7 Benefits of Wearing Personalized Name Necklaces
- Is a primary school child too young to learn first aid?
- New HGRBS Homeowner’s Guide Series #8 - Key Strategies For U.S. Homeowners Preventing Home Fraud
- What Is the Significance of Christian and Catholic Jewelry Cross Variants?
- How to make your finished basement feel like a new home
- "Why choosing the right kitchen remodeling company can make or break your remodel
- 7 Facts about Eternity Bands
- Circumstances Beyond Our Control, Or Are They?
- What is the Significance of Personalized Initial Jewelry in 2021?
- 5 Ways To Experience More Music
- 5 Ways to Increase Your Brand Sales & Build Brand Awareness
- 5 Best Things to Do in Rhodes Town
- home inspection Houston
- Internet of things define
- How Greenhouse Gases Affect the atmosphere and Reversing Climate Change
- Ways to Make Your Blog Post Interactive
- Three Quick Tips From the Canada Revenue Agency on Tax Filing
- Celebrity Relationships
- In what consist aesthetic orthodontics?
- Smart Home Technology
- Alexa Smart Home Devices
- Cyberbullying and Covid-19 - 2021 Update
- Monster Hunter World (MHW) Layered Armour
- How to improve your local ranking on google
- How To Find The Best Recreational Kayak
- Best Decorative Concrete For A Patio
- Creating An Artistic Design For Your New Concrete Deck
- Getting Your Tree Trimmed For A Healthy Tree