No Time for a Wartime President Wannabe
- Author Christopher Paul Szumilas
- Published June 13, 2020
- Word count 614
No Time for a Wartime President Wannabe
It's been confusing; this country's (the UNITED States) acceptance of a president with no empathy, morals, honesty, international intellect (or any intellect for that matter), honor; nor any actual sense of “other”.
The GOP has shamelessly abandoned any notion of such attributes mentioned above; instead settling for the continued (and now hoped for) source of political power Donald Trump has provided to date. They were happy to represent only half of this country's citizenry (Trumplodytes), so long as they could use the machinations of our electoral system (Electoral College, gerrymandering) to maintain their status quo as Senate Majority – again, to represent only half the country.
It's been bobbing around in my mind for two years now. Not who, but when? The military leadership (former and current) of this country is finally pushed to its limits of tolerance in seeing the Constitution they hold so dear tossed aside time and again by their “Commander-in-Chief” and his politically (AND morally) wayward Party of Choice. (Remember, the GOP didn't choose Donald Trump. He chose them. Search for GOP Senators' quotes AGAINST Trump's 2016 campaign, who now follow his lead like lemmings migrating to their cliffs.)
He was smart enough to detect the GOP's weaknesses in their lack of true convictions in the name of election victories. He has (quite effectively) manipulated their consciences to the point of near total adherence to his every whim, fancy, tweet and, yes crime (see impeachment / Senate vote).
A narcissist so engaged in himself he openly vied for the moniker of “wartime president” when the pandemic arose. Having failed at that opportunity, he now seeks a second chance.
His problem resides squarely on the reliance of military action and persona. Two major issues jump out in this regard:
Persona. The president avoided military service at all costs; even to the point of, as General Jim Mattis noted, “I earned my spurs on the battlefield. He (Trump) earned his spurs with a letter from a doctor”.
Military Action. These military leaders are loathe to defy the true essence of their promises to protect the Constitution AND protect the people of the United States (not do battle with them).
Trump claimed he “knew more than the Generals” about ISIS and the Taliban. But these leaders are not like GOP political tadpoles – who simply follow their leaders to the next vote, campaign endorsement, or supportive Tweet in whatever local political battle they may be incurring. (“LIBERATE!”)
The key irony here is Trump did in fact have a second chance at some “Wartime-level glory” here. The tragic and world-awakening death of George Floyd presented the Narcissist-in-Chief the opportunity to show another side of his – I'm at a loss here. I could say his “character”. There doesn't seem to be any such credo in his mind that references to character in the positive sense.
But a citizen's death at the hands (knee) of a police officer on the streets of Minneapolis BEGGED for a leader to step forward and take the reins to an international movement that seemed preordained for historical proportions. This cruel event went global in less than a month, with riots and protests worldwide. The moment was there – to spread humanity and compassion and peace to a world audience created DESPITE Trump's indifference to any humane guideposts. He chose “law and order” and “dominate” as his situational campaign slogans, rather than “peace”, “love” or “understanding” as appeals to a national AND international calls for unification in seeking enlightened paths to a “new world”.
It's time for Trump to go. And not so ironically, let the military leaders lead in bringing peace to the world.
June 12, 2020 By Christopher Szumilas ©
U.S. Veteran – with the MOS (Military Occupational Specialty) of Public Affairs Officer/Journalist in the 1980s. Meandered through a career which included many roles requiring extensive writing in various formats. Now I'm looking to begin freelancing and have chosen politics as a launching theme in these precarious times.http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- White Knuckling: A Dangerous Lifestyle
- “The King Is Dead, Long Live The King”: How Online Casinos Will Replace Traditional Gambling
- What You Should Know About Stunning Firework Displays!
- HOW DOES ASTROLOGY HELPS IN BUSINESS
- HOW TO START MAKING MONEY ONLINE AS AN AFFILIATE MARKETER (BEGINNER FRIENDLY)
- What is Cosmetic Dentistry and Why Should You Get It?
- 12 Best Text Classification Tools and Services
- The Importance of Natural Language Processing for Non-English Languages
- Do-Able Tips For US Private Home Heads Hiring Best Contractors, Part 1
- Proven Tactics in Affiliate Marketing - 7 Secrets to Be Apart from Other Many Competitors
- Secrets to Affiliate Millionaires - 6 Winning Attitudes for Super Affiliate Marketing Entrepreneur
- Work From Home Forever CAN AFFILIATE MARKETING REPLACE YOUR LOST INCOME?
- ATTENTION: You are IGNORING 75% of your potential clients!!!
- How to Make Money on Fiverr In 5 Minutes
- HOW TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE AS AN AFFILIATE MARKETER
- How To Choose Righteous Friends
- Coding for Kids: How It Can Benefit Your Child!
- World of Religions: Hinduism
- Interest in cash is falling - what's the next banknote?
- Lingo-Blaster 2.0: The Ultimate Video Marketing Software
- Why Should You Buy Tesla Stock Now?
- Everything To Know About Xanax
- Web Hosting Made Easy!
- Affiliate Marketing: Building Affiliate Marketing Websites The Easy Way
- Online Sales Mean Cash for Affiliates
- 5 Must-Have Components of an Email Marketing Campaign
- Lose Weight Easily Without Exercise
- 12 Benefits Of Reading E-Books
- Can You Make Money Off YouTube — Of Course
- Red String of Fate: Truth or Myth?