Pros and Cons of Homework
- Author Jennifer Billington
- Published July 11, 2020
- Word count 476
While homework assists students in their academics, it stops them from enjoying quality time with their families and friends. People have been suggesting different things about homework. While some suggested that schools should ban homework, others suggested that schools shouldn't ban homework. Kindly read on to have a better idea of both sides of the suggestions about homework.
Advantages of Homework
- Homework Makes Students and Teachers Collaborate
Once students complete their assignments at home, they can discuss the results with their teachers. Schools that offer homework have a good chance for communication in the classroom.
- Homework is an opportunity for Students to Practice
Practice makes perfect. Homework assists students in preparing for good grades in tests and exams. Students who do homework regularly have higher chances of understanding concepts that they learn in the classroom.
- Homework Teaches Students How to Be Responsible
Homework discourages students from postponing things since students always try to meet up with deadlines in assignments. It trains their willpower and makes them more responsible.
- Parents Use Homework to Track the Performance of Students
Parents can monitor their kids while they do homework. In the process, parents will know how their kids are performing in their studies. They can identify some areas where their kids are weak.
Disadvantages of Homework
- Homework is Stressful
After students spend about 8 hours in the classroom, they should rest when they get home. Unfortunately, students don't get enough time to rest because of homework. An average student spends more than an hour on homework every day. This practice not only stresses students physically but also stresses them mentally.
- Homework Deprives Students of Social Life
Students hardly have time for social life. After school hours, students stay in their homes to do homework. As a result, some students don't develop good communication skills. Some become timid and reserved. Some don't even get enough time to mix with their siblings and parents in the house all because of homework.
- Homework Mounts Pressure on Students
Complicated homework and deadlines make students feel pressured. This pressure makes students lose passion and become less effective in their academics. No wonder some students hate going to schools.
- Homework is Not Effective
Some students don't do homework themselves. Instead, they ask their parents or siblings to do homework for them. Students don't take homework seriously, so some students do homework just to obtain marks and not to gain any knowledge. That's why some students forget everything about homework immediately after they submit.
As you've seen, there are two different sides to this issue. Those who see the importance of homework focus on the qualities it impacts unto students. While others see how it can harm students' health and deprive them of social life, the side to take is up to you, but ensure you study both sides carefully and impartially before you decide anything.
Hello! My name is Jennifer and I can't imagine my life without writing. I'm writing for 5 years and not going to stop!
Most of all I like to write about education. It is a pleasure for me to write about something that can make your life easier or just make you understand some difficult things.
You can contact me if you need help with the graduate paper writing service.
Have a good time!Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Miles Of Smiles Nursery and pre-school Dubai al Barsha
- 6 Fabulous Tips to Find the Best Dissertation Topics
- Here Are Some Ways For Your College Assignment Help In Australia
- Discipline (Sanskar), It is a Eight Fold Path. This will maintain peace and humanity among human. This is only true sanskar.
- Educational Inequality in India
- Creative Activities to Keep Your Children Busy and Learning Even at Home
- Changing the Focus of Conversation within Special Education
- Brain-based learning model.
- Childhood Sexual Abuse and Its Impact on Special Education
- What California’s Leaders Must Do Next to Advance Student Learning During COVID-19.
- THE PSYCHOLOGICAL AND EMOTIONAL TRUMA OF CANING CHILDREN, GHANA
- WHY IS EDUCATION IMPORTANT?
- How To Deal With Your Japanese Colleagues
- Impressive things in Japanese Schools
- Student Challenges in the New Normal Education: Challenges and Alternatives
- Implication of Artificial Intelligence on skill relevence and future education
- Is a primary school child too young to learn first aid?
- How to distinguish metal from non-metal?
- How Many Significant Numbers Are There in the Number You Have? Find Out the Answer Here
- Economic and Social Impact of Education 2020
- 5 Hurdles Women Leaders Face in Organizations
- Beautiful Polytechnic Education System In Bangladesh
- The Quality Tool Book: Matrix Analysis 2nd Edition Solutions Manual
- How can I learn intermediate accounting?
- Organizing A Laboratory Report Introduction
- Why Your Child Should Learn to Code
- Composing an Education - Tips and Tricks
- Drain Cleaning: Top Tips That Ensure Superior Results
- Catalyst Handling: Dangers and Best Practices
- Catalyst Loading and Unloading Processes That Prioritise Safety and Efficiency