Anxiety, the Brain and Exercise
- Author Aaron Dungca
- Published August 10, 2020
- Word count 472
Anxiety, the Brain and Exercise
By Aaron Dungca Needham Teacher
Student cognitive benefits from academic breaks, by researcher, Jarrett, O.S. (2002), found that in order to function efficiently, the brain needs a period of down time to recycle chemicals crucial for long term memory formation. This down time for memory development involves a 90-110 minute cyclical turnover (Jarrett, O. S. 2002). Recess for some children might be the only time they can engage in social interactions in which they choose who to associate with, under non structured settings. These types of arenas promote a double ended societal upbringing. On the positive spectrum, the structure of recess allowed children to design and implement their own rules and objectives for their games; aiding students in building essential character traits such as confidence, leadership, communication, and self-advocacy. On the other hand, Jarrett (2002) suggested the freedom of recess does have a negative connotation, which would be the extremist actions of a bully, aggressive emotions, or social isolation. As a result, through various studies, it has been proven that the best intervention and usage for recess required staff members to allow children to choose their games and provide them with a safe, monitored space to participate in those chosen activities. This can limit the actions of aggression and promote positive interactions by the very nature of children’s tendency to follow adult instructions (Verstraete, S. J. 2006). In conclusion with the various studies, it is clear that more research is needed to examine the correlation of recess and student academic improvements related to assessments. However, researches did confirm through their studies that students improved in other areas pertaining to the academia and character building such as demonstrating appropriate classroom behavior, establishing positive social interactions among fellow peers, and promote cognitive development in regards to problem solving and becoming innovative thinkers.
Trudeau, F., & Shephard, R. J. (2008). Physical education, school physical activity, school sports and academic performance. International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity, 5(1), 1.
Verstraete, S. J., Cardon, G. M., De Clercq, D. L., & De Bourdeaudhuij, I. M. (2006). Increasing children's physical activity levels during recess periods in elementary schools: the effects of providing game equipment. The European Journal of Public Health, 16(4), 415-419.
Occupations Aaron Dungca Needham Teacher had included being a football and basketball coach, boating director, wellness teacher, physical education adjunct instructor, marketing associate, and a technology associate. Aaron Dungca has also coached for organizations that featured NFL players, such as Julian Edelman. He sponsored a two-day youth football fundamentals camp that brought in 20-30 coaches from the state of Massachusetts and lead young people to learn new skills and meet Julian Edelman at the end of the camp experience.
Please visit websites and social media of Aaron Dungca Needham Teacher:
Student cognitive benefits from academic breaks, by researcher, Jarrett, O.S. (2002), found that in order to function efficiently, the brain needs a period of down time to recycle chemicals crucial for long term memory formation.Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Student Challenges in the New Normal Education: Challenges and Alternatives
- Implication of Artificial Intelligence on skill relevence and future education
- Is a primary school child too young to learn first aid?
- How to distinguish metal from non-metal?
- How Many Significant Numbers Are There in the Number You Have? Find Out the Answer Here
- Economic and Social Impact of Education 2020
- 5 Hurdles Women Leaders Face in Organizations
- Beautiful Polytechnic Education System In Bangladesh
- The Quality Tool Book: Matrix Analysis 2nd Edition Solutions Manual
- How can I learn intermediate accounting?
- Organizing A Laboratory Report Introduction
- Why Your Child Should Learn to Code
- Composing an Education - Tips and Tricks
- Drain Cleaning: Top Tips That Ensure Superior Results
- Catalyst Handling: Dangers and Best Practices
- Catalyst Loading and Unloading Processes That Prioritise Safety and Efficiency
- How to learn easy English grammar with saifulsgrammar learning program
- Pros and Cons of Homework
- How to accurately cost estimate projects
- Fashion illustration
- Starting Your Homeschool
- Best Ways on How to Avoid Academic Fatigue
- How I Aced My IT Certification With 200-301 Dumps PDF
- The Way M2150-860 Dumps Helped Me to Get Succeeded By The First Attempt.
- 3 Microsoft Certifications You Need This Year
- Writing Thesis Tips – 4 Tips Which Will Ensure You a great Thesis
- Learn to Include Page Numbers in PDF Documents – Organize PDF Files
- Medical billing and coding