What Visa to Issue for a Foreigner for a Short Trip to Russia?
- Author Anex Perth
- Published August 18, 2020
- Word count 421
According to the Russian Federation regulation, foreign citizens going to visit the territory of Russia must have a travel document – a visa. This does not apply to the citizens of those countries with which the Russian Federation has an agreement on visa-free regime. The visa allows one to move freely across Russia during the period of visa`s validity.
Many foreign citizens planning to come to Russia for a couple of weeks want not only to see the sights, but also to visit their relatives, friends or significant ones. For such occasions, one of the options may be to issue a private or guest visa. However, not everyone knows that this is a long and complex process.
A citizen of the Russian Federation must apply to the Federal Migration Service (FMS) at the place of registration with a request to issue an invitation for a foreign citizen to enter the Russian Federation with a private visa. They must also provide proof of their financial status and pay a fee. The process can last for a whole month and not always be decided in favor of a foreign guest.
However, there is an alternative and much easier way to visit Russia – get a tourist visa. It is intended for short trips for the purpose of tourism and allows a foreign citizen to stay in Russia for up to 30 days, with a single or double entry. Its obtaining does not require any complex manipulations or steps.
The main document for obtaining this visa will be a tourist invitation. It consists of a voucher and confirmation of the reception of a foreign tourist. Any travel company that is officially licensed and registered in the Unified Register of Tour Operators, can issue it. The process does not take much time. One needs to fill out the application form and indicate all the necessary information. Usually it is citizenship, name, date of birth, and data about the future trip – dates of entry and exit, cities to visit and address to stay. After filling out the application, the ready document is sent automatically to one`s email address.
In addition to a tourist invitation to apply to the Consulate for a visa, one will need:
recent color photos 3,5x4,5,
and a completed visa application form.
For any additional documents that may be asked for, it is better to clarify at the Consulate in advance.
Usually it takes no more than 14 days for the Consulate to issue a tourist visa.
If you are planning your trip to Russia and interested in tourist or business invitations, medical insurance, transfer, VisatoRus specializes in the field of inbound tourism to Russia and will be glad to help to arrange your trip to Russia and be a part of your journey.
Contact us here: https://visatorus.com/en/Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Mandarin Oriental Hotels Announces Opening of Mandarin Oriental Bolidhuffaru in the Maldives 2025
- Top Reasons to Book a Luxury Adults-Only Resort in the Maldives
- New Zealand Luxury Stays — A Complete Guide
- New luxury hotel opening 2024 in the Maldives – Soneva Secret
- Visiting Ephesus from Kusadasi Port
- The Ultimate Beach Vacation Destinations
- Delta Flights From Boston- Sky Fly Trips
- What to Wear Golfing: A Complete Women's Golf Attire Guide
- Navigating Vietnam Visa on Arrival at Ho Chi Minh Airport: A Traveler's Guide
- A Playful Guide to Getting Ready for Your Expat Adventure
- Discovering Romania by Car: Your Essential Guide to Car Rentals
- How to Apply for a Chinese Tourist Visa in 2023
- Sailing into the Silver Screen: Beautiful Movie Locations You Can Visit by Luxury Charter Yacht
- How Do I Get Fit For The Manaslu Circuit Trek?
- Top 5 Temples to Visit in Nepal
- 5 Most Adventurous Destinations in Nepal
- Things to Do in Pokhara
- 8 Things to Do in Kathmandu Valley for Day Trippers
- 6 Tips For Booking Cheap Flight Tickets
- Mesmerizing Mountain Flight to Everest
- Cost of Living in Kathmandu for International Tourists
- Zambia: An Untamed Wonderland Beckons the Safari Enthusiast
- Field report: Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu
- The Frustrations of Flight Delays and How to Get Compensation
- How to Beat Jet Lag: Strategies for Overcoming Travel Fatigue
- Top 7 Best Free Attractions in Singapore
- tibet travel guide
- "Clear Vision in Liverpool-Knowsley-Merseyside-Aintree: Trusted Opticians at Your Service"
- "Explore the Best of Merseyside: A Local Guide to Areas within 7 Miles of L32 8RD"
- Traveling to Egypt: What to pack, where to go, where to stay