Donation Do's and Don'ts
- Author Katie Gives
- Published October 17, 2020
- Word count 439
Moving can be a giant pain in the butt. Yet, while you’re packing up your entire existence, it’s a great opportunity to assess which of your possessions you no longer need or want (and perhaps those that don’t spark joy?) including furniture.
While it’s tempting to kick old furniture to the curb and let the garbage man take care of it, it’s much more sustainable and useful to donate such items to a charity, such as Giving Center. The best part? Many organizations are more than happy to come and lug your furniture away.
In fact, Giving Center accepts a wide variety of charitable contributions. You can donate a vehicle, donate collectibles, donate a boat, donate aircraft, donate real estate, or donate furniture. Giving Center offers free pickup of your charitable donations across the United States. As a donor, you don’t have to lift a finger, as our transporters will move, load, and haul your donations.
But, because not all donations can be accepted, there are some things to keep in mind when donating furniture. Giving Center recommends checking with them before scheduling a pickup to make sure your item is something they’ll take.
Donation Dos and Don’ts
Once you’ve scheduled your pick-up, it’s time to prep your furniture. Here’s what to keep in mind:
Do make sure the items you’re looking to donate are in good working condition, requiring little or no repair.
Don’t donate items that are damaged, broken, or badly soiled.
Do thoroughly check your furniture for personal items before donating, including under cushions and inside pockets. It’s not uncommon for our teams to find cash, TV remotes, and other valuables inside the cushions of a donated couch.
Don’t donate old-fashioned “box TVs,”. They simply aren’t wanted in the age of flat-screens. (Many electronics stores like Best Buy offer pick-up of these TVs for a fee.)
Do consider each and every type of furniture as fair game, from chairs and sofas to dining tables, and even antiques. You can also donate collectibles, donate artwork, donate jewelry, donate comic books, donate musical instruments, donate military collectibles, donate sports memorabilia, donate coins/currency, donate antiques, and many other items are accepted!
Don’t donate mattresses–many organizations, like Giving Center won't accept them. Especially during the pandemic.
Do clearly label your furniture if leaving it outside for a pick-up crew.
If you'd like to contact Giving Center to schedule your next pickup, or if you have any questions please feel free to contact our representatives at (888)228-7320 or visit us online here.
I volunteer for various nonprofit groups, and want to spread information in regards to donations. Maybe this little bit of information may help others make a donation, especially during these hard times. For more information check out the charity website: http://www.givingcenter.orgArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How To Success With PPC Advertising
- New HGRBS Homeowner’s Guide Series #5 - Making Wiser Decisions Hiring HomeImprovement Contractors
- SEO Will Help You Increase Brand Awareness in 5 Ways
- Driving In 'The New Normal': 5 Key Things To Know
- These 6 Google Analytics Mistakes Should Be Avoided
- What to Ask Your Hawaii Contractor Before Remodeling Your Bathroom
- More content isn't necessarily better for Google rankings.
- Different Hand Tools Within a Dental Practice
- 5 Easy Upgrades To Make To Your Home
- What are the Major Benefits of Insulation?
- Why Should You Get Insulation for Your Home?
- New HGRBS Homeowner’s Guide Series #4 - Do We Give ‘Social Networks’ More Attention Than Our Homes?
- When Are Corporate and Personal Taxes Due in Canada in 2021?
- Why Insulation Is Essential Today
- We are teaching and saying…become your own business: Dr. Marcia Ann Coppertino
- Key Benefits of Insulation
- Home Decoration - Inexpensive Ways to Liven Up Your Rooms!
- What A Handyman Can Do For You
- Why Window Tinting Cars Is Beneficial
- Benefits of Customized Pressure Washing
- Black Girls in Crisis...What Ma'Khia Bryant's Death Reveals
- How Can Office Users And Commercial Real Estate Brokers Adapt To The New Future?
- Understanding The Benefits of Insulation
- Home Design - Brighten Up Your Environment
- Why Handyman Services Are Essential
- How To Lose Belly Fat (Backed by Science)
- When should we take a child to the dentist?
- Things to Know About Vape Oil Cartridge Boxes
- How to reduce weight by doing exercise at home?
- 10 Great Things To Do When Lockdown Ends