Donation Do's and Don'ts
- Author Katie Gives
- Published October 17, 2020
- Word count 439
Moving can be a giant pain in the butt. Yet, while you’re packing up your entire existence, it’s a great opportunity to assess which of your possessions you no longer need or want (and perhaps those that don’t spark joy?) including furniture.
While it’s tempting to kick old furniture to the curb and let the garbage man take care of it, it’s much more sustainable and useful to donate such items to a charity, such as Giving Center. The best part? Many organizations are more than happy to come and lug your furniture away.
In fact, Giving Center accepts a wide variety of charitable contributions. You can donate a vehicle, donate collectibles, donate a boat, donate aircraft, donate real estate, or donate furniture. Giving Center offers free pickup of your charitable donations across the United States. As a donor, you don’t have to lift a finger, as our transporters will move, load, and haul your donations.
But, because not all donations can be accepted, there are some things to keep in mind when donating furniture. Giving Center recommends checking with them before scheduling a pickup to make sure your item is something they’ll take.
Donation Dos and Don’ts
Once you’ve scheduled your pick-up, it’s time to prep your furniture. Here’s what to keep in mind:
Do make sure the items you’re looking to donate are in good working condition, requiring little or no repair.
Don’t donate items that are damaged, broken, or badly soiled.
Do thoroughly check your furniture for personal items before donating, including under cushions and inside pockets. It’s not uncommon for our teams to find cash, TV remotes, and other valuables inside the cushions of a donated couch.
Don’t donate old-fashioned “box TVs,”. They simply aren’t wanted in the age of flat-screens. (Many electronics stores like Best Buy offer pick-up of these TVs for a fee.)
Do consider each and every type of furniture as fair game, from chairs and sofas to dining tables, and even antiques. You can also donate collectibles, donate artwork, donate jewelry, donate comic books, donate musical instruments, donate military collectibles, donate sports memorabilia, donate coins/currency, donate antiques, and many other items are accepted!
Don’t donate mattresses–many organizations, like Giving Center won't accept them. Especially during the pandemic.
Do clearly label your furniture if leaving it outside for a pick-up crew.
If you'd like to contact Giving Center to schedule your next pickup, or if you have any questions please feel free to contact our representatives at (888)228-7320 or visit us online here.
I volunteer for various nonprofit groups, and want to spread information in regards to donations. Maybe this little bit of information may help others make a donation, especially during these hard times. For more information check out the charity website: http://www.givingcenter.orgArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- These cooking pots are best because they are both healthy and non-toxic
- Which Foods Increase Testosterone The Most?
- How Does Green Tea Help You Lose Weight?
- How Much Weight Can YOU Lose by Drinking Green Tea?
- When Is The Best Time To Drink Green Tea For Weight Loss?
- Climate Change Data Sets for Machine Learning
- Sentiment Analysis Tools and Services for Machine Learning
- Human Translation
- Leverage the Power of Social Media Effectively
- What are the Marketing strategies for Grand Opening?
- Closed Coil Golf Swing
- The Importance Of Opening A Forex Trading Demo Account
- Remote Desktop vs VPN - Everything You Need To Know
- 12 Social Media Marketing Misconceptions to Understand
- How to Correctly Size For Replacement Windows
- Touch-and-Go Fathering Style
- Why you shouldn’t miss out on Grade 1 Ethiopian coffee
- Why and when did humankind switch to metal cookware, and what have been the effects?
- Here is where to get earthenware clay cooking pots in the USA
- Why is Wet Film and Dry Film Paint Measuring Crucial?
- How to Select a Good Yoga Training
- 5 Tips to Choose the Best Lawyer in Dubai For Your Case
- How To Deal With Production Problems In China?
- How do Fat girls Avoid Inferiority and Maintain Self-confidence?
- How to evaluate your Marketing plan?
- Enjoy ultimate creative freedom with ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate 2021
- All In One Internet Marketing Software 2020(Get +Limited time Offer)
- 5 Things I wish I have known when I started using Essential Oils
- 5 Tips For Buying A Bike Online
- How can I learn intermediate accounting?