How Sleep Position Might Impact Your Snoring
- Author Tanako Takanawa
- Published October 12, 2020
- Word count 488
Some people tend to snore when they sleep on their backs. So, can we say that your sleeping position can impact your snoring? If so, is there any way to cure this problem once and for all? In this article, we are going to answer these questions. Read down.
Sleep Position and Snoring
In the United States alone, around 90 million people are facing the problem of snoring while asleep. Snoring happens when your upper airway, particularly the nasal passage and the throat vibrate due to the turbulent airflow while you are asleep.
The problem of snoring can get worse if you have nasal congestion due to cold or allergy. Breathing through the mouth causes your tongue and jaw to shift backward. Apart from this, if you drink alcohol, it can worsen the sound. The reason is that alcohol relaxes the muscles. Therefore, it can have a negative impact on the muscular tissue in your throat.
Now, if you sleep on your back, your airway will be more likely to collapse due to the weight of your chest or neck. As a result, you will be more prone to snoring. Actually, in this sleeping position, gravity can shift the tissues into your throat reducing the airflow.
Apart from causing snoring, sleeping on your back may also result in a total airway collapse. This condition is known as sleep apnea. Common symptoms of this condition include daytime sleepiness, choking, gasping, or pause while breathing. This may have deadly consequences. Therefore, if you have this problem, you may want to address it as soon as you can.
Simple devices to Change Your Sleeping Position
You can learn to sleep on your side and get used to this habit. For example, you can reinforce this behavior by asking your bed partner to sharply place their elbow while you are asleep. If you need a bit more encouragement, you can try out the following devices:
Special positioning pillows
If you're looking for a simple home remedy, you can sew a pocket on the spine area of your T-shirt, and then put a tennis ball in the pocket. You can achieve the same purpose using a backpack. This will make you feel uncomfortable when you roll on your back while sleeping. As a result, you will shift back to the left or right side. However, you won't be comfortable enough to wake up.
It is also a good idea to raise the head side of your bed to reduce snoring. You can get an adjustable bed or wedge pillows. Make sure that your head is raised a minimum of 20 degrees while you are sleeping.
In short, if your body positioning is causing you to snore, you can use the simple inventions mentioned above. However, if none of the tricks works for you, we suggest that you consult your doctor for proper testing and treatment.
Stops Snoring, Making a Bad Night’s Sleep a Thing of the Past =====> sleep.kingofadventure.com Thousands of people just like you have discovered the difference a great night’s sleep makes to their mood, health, and the happiness of their partners!Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Why Men Snore More Than Women
- How Men's Dental Health Is Linked to Snoring
- Herbal Remedy for Chronic Bacterial Prostatitis
- An Ultimate Guide for Clueless Guys in Buying Flower
- Best Electric Shaver Skin Products
- Christian? Want to Know How to Get Girls?
- 5 Men's Weight Loss Guidelines
- Are You Happy With Your Man Boobs?
- Men and Makeup - Manly or Modest?
- How To Get Rid Of Man Boobs - In The Real World
- Tactical and Optics Suggest: Pocket Knife Collecting
- Shopping for Presents for Males
- Does Laser Hair Removal Work?
- Fundamental Relationship Advice for Men That Would like To Make Their Spouses Happy
- Penis Stretching Practices
- Penis Health Major Breakthrough Using Vitamin A
- Men Who Wear Wigs
- Personal Training for Man Boobs
- GP Clomiphene (Clomid) at Genezameds
- Which Is Much Preferred By Men - Boxers or Briefs?
- 5 Signs That The Girl You Like Is a Drama Queen
- Man Boob Causes
- The Truth About Males And Eating Disorders
- Men Use Facial Exercise to Maintain a Youthful Face
- Best Exercises To Get Rid Of Man Boobs - You Can Do It Too!
- Signs Of Testicular Cancer
- Exercises to Get Rid of Man Boobs
- 3 Reasons Why You Have A Receding Hairline
- Various Male Breast Reduction Treatments You Can Choose From