Why Men Snore More Than Women
- Author Tanako Takanawa
- Published October 12, 2020
- Word count 530
According to many research studies, men tend to snore more than women. Maybe your husband is also a habitual snorer. Snoring can be quite annoying, especially for those who sleep next to a person while sleeping. In this article, we are going to find out why men snore more than women. We are going to take a look at the scientific reasons behind this phenomenon. Without further ado, let's go into the details.
First of all, there is a biological reason why women are less likely to snore. According to medical science, men have bigger upper airways. But they have lower larynxes. Therefore, there is a lot of space in the back of their throats, which amplifies snores.
According to Ellen Wermter, the upper airway anatomy of men is one of the main reasons why men tend to snore more than women. This is one of the primary medical reasons behind this phenomenon.
If you look at statistics, you will come to know that around 4 out of 10 men tend to snore on a regular basis. On the other hand, only 24% of women have this habit. These statistics were published by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine.
Basically, snoring happens because of the position and size of the airway. What happens is that when you are asleep at night, your pharynx muscles tend to relax. Besides, your tongue goes back in order to fill this gap. The loudness of your snoring depends on the gap in your throat.
The airways of men change more than those of women when they change their positions while sleeping. And this increases their likelihood of snoring. Apart from this, men carry a lot of their weight on their thorax, neck, and chest. Therefore, they have a relatively thicker neck and more fat deposits and tissues. This extra weight exerts more pressure on the airways of man. This is another main reason why men snore more than women.
At Harvard Medical School, Noah Siegel, a sleep specialist agrees that the theories make sense. However, he explains that some women have fatter necks and larger airways than men. Apart from this, women are less likely to suffer from sleep apnea. However, as women reach menopause, their risk for sleep apnea goes up. The reason is that two hormones found in women offer some protection against sleep apnea and snoring. These hormones are called progesterone and estrogen.
Just because we cannot blame men for their annoying snoring habits does not mean they cannot take some steps to minimize it. You can take a lot of steps if you want to get rid of your snoring. For example, you can follow some weight loss exercises and make some necessary changes to your diet. According to many studies, if you drink a lot of water, quit smoking, and reduce your reliance on alcohol, you can control your snoring. Apart from this, sleeping on your side while you are sleeping can also help.
Long story short, these are some of the scientific reasons why men snore more than women. If you are a habitual snorer, we suggest that you follow the tips mentioned above to control this habit. Hope this helps.
There are three grades of snoring used by health professionals to assess how severe your snoring is. No matter what grade you are, AirSnore™ can help you. Find out below what grade snorer you are and why you should choose AirSnore™. =====> snore.kingofadventure.comArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Lick by lick by Michael Webb review
- Can PTSD cause Low Testosterone Levels?
- Understanding the Signs and Symptoms of Low Testosterone in Men
- Bone Loss and Joint Pain in Men: Your Defense Arsenal of Critical Nutrients
- Nutrients for Preventing Hair Loss and Promoting Regrowth in Men
- Hair Loss No More: Expert Tips and Tricks for Men's Natural Hair Restoration
- Nature's Solutions: Enhancing Male Performance with 14 Herbs and Compounds
- Quick, Strong, and Rigid Erections: The All-natural topical male enhancement Option
- Rise to the Occasion: How to Maintain an Intense Natural Libido as a Man
- No Chemicals, No Lasers, No Surgery: The Natural Path to Banishing Hair Loss
- Erection on Demand:Naturally Ignite Instant Erections for Super Performance
- Take Control of Your Bladder: Men, Say Goodbye to Leaks!
- For Men 30 and Beyond:Boost Testosterone Levels and Regain Your Vitality
- Aging Gracefully:How Nitric Oxide Boosters Enhance Men's Well-being
- Aging and Semen Volume:What Every Man Should Know
- Men, Revive Your Love Life: Discover the Power of Lifestyle Changes and Natural Therapies
- Big Volume, Big Thrills:Boost Semen Production for Intense Orgasms and Virility
- The Ageless Man:Boost Your Testosterone Naturally and Feel Like 20 Again
- How You can boost your sex life dramatically and kill bedroom anxiety forever
- Male Fertility:How to Naturally Increase Semen Volume And Orgasm Intensity
- Revive Your Intimacy: Discover 4 Natural Solutions for Men's Sexual Issues
- Healthy Aging in Men : How to Look and Feel Younger as You Grow Older
- From Sperm Quality to Fatherhood: 11 Steps to Enhance Male Fertility
- Semen Volume and Aging: Optimizing the Changes in a Man's Sexual Health
- Human Sex Pheromones and Attractiveness in Intimate Relationships
- 8 Common Sexual Problems in Men Over 30: Causes and Natural Solutions
- False Allegations-Secrets and Lies
- An app that will teach men to understand and manage their emotions
- Pheromones FAQs