Why Men Snore More Than Women
- Author Tanako Takanawa
- Published October 12, 2020
- Word count 530
According to many research studies, men tend to snore more than women. Maybe your husband is also a habitual snorer. Snoring can be quite annoying, especially for those who sleep next to a person while sleeping. In this article, we are going to find out why men snore more than women. We are going to take a look at the scientific reasons behind this phenomenon. Without further ado, let's go into the details.
First of all, there is a biological reason why women are less likely to snore. According to medical science, men have bigger upper airways. But they have lower larynxes. Therefore, there is a lot of space in the back of their throats, which amplifies snores.
According to Ellen Wermter, the upper airway anatomy of men is one of the main reasons why men tend to snore more than women. This is one of the primary medical reasons behind this phenomenon.
If you look at statistics, you will come to know that around 4 out of 10 men tend to snore on a regular basis. On the other hand, only 24% of women have this habit. These statistics were published by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine.
Basically, snoring happens because of the position and size of the airway. What happens is that when you are asleep at night, your pharynx muscles tend to relax. Besides, your tongue goes back in order to fill this gap. The loudness of your snoring depends on the gap in your throat.
The airways of men change more than those of women when they change their positions while sleeping. And this increases their likelihood of snoring. Apart from this, men carry a lot of their weight on their thorax, neck, and chest. Therefore, they have a relatively thicker neck and more fat deposits and tissues. This extra weight exerts more pressure on the airways of man. This is another main reason why men snore more than women.
At Harvard Medical School, Noah Siegel, a sleep specialist agrees that the theories make sense. However, he explains that some women have fatter necks and larger airways than men. Apart from this, women are less likely to suffer from sleep apnea. However, as women reach menopause, their risk for sleep apnea goes up. The reason is that two hormones found in women offer some protection against sleep apnea and snoring. These hormones are called progesterone and estrogen.
Just because we cannot blame men for their annoying snoring habits does not mean they cannot take some steps to minimize it. You can take a lot of steps if you want to get rid of your snoring. For example, you can follow some weight loss exercises and make some necessary changes to your diet. According to many studies, if you drink a lot of water, quit smoking, and reduce your reliance on alcohol, you can control your snoring. Apart from this, sleeping on your side while you are sleeping can also help.
Long story short, these are some of the scientific reasons why men snore more than women. If you are a habitual snorer, we suggest that you follow the tips mentioned above to control this habit. Hope this helps.
There are three grades of snoring used by health professionals to assess how severe your snoring is. No matter what grade you are, AirSnore™ can help you. Find out below what grade snorer you are and why you should choose AirSnore™. =====> snore.kingofadventure.comArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How Men's Dental Health Is Linked to Snoring
- How Sleep Position Might Impact Your Snoring
- Herbal Remedy for Chronic Bacterial Prostatitis
- An Ultimate Guide for Clueless Guys in Buying Flower
- Best Electric Shaver Skin Products
- Christian? Want to Know How to Get Girls?
- 5 Men's Weight Loss Guidelines
- Are You Happy With Your Man Boobs?
- Men and Makeup - Manly or Modest?
- How To Get Rid Of Man Boobs - In The Real World
- Tactical and Optics Suggest: Pocket Knife Collecting
- Shopping for Presents for Males
- Does Laser Hair Removal Work?
- Fundamental Relationship Advice for Men That Would like To Make Their Spouses Happy
- Penis Stretching Practices
- Penis Health Major Breakthrough Using Vitamin A
- Men Who Wear Wigs
- Personal Training for Man Boobs
- GP Clomiphene (Clomid) at Genezameds
- Which Is Much Preferred By Men - Boxers or Briefs?
- 5 Signs That The Girl You Like Is a Drama Queen
- Man Boob Causes
- The Truth About Males And Eating Disorders
- Men Use Facial Exercise to Maintain a Youthful Face
- Best Exercises To Get Rid Of Man Boobs - You Can Do It Too!
- Signs Of Testicular Cancer
- Exercises to Get Rid of Man Boobs
- 3 Reasons Why You Have A Receding Hairline
- Various Male Breast Reduction Treatments You Can Choose From