What is the difference between a taxi and a chauffeur service?
- Author Rogier Bosscha
- Published November 5, 2020
- Word count 591
Not everyone is familiar with a Chauffeur service. In the United States and Asia, for example, there is a clear distinction between a taxi and a Chauffeur service. Other synonyms for a Chauffeur service are Limousine service, Black car service or Private car service. Generally speaking, a Chauffeur Service uses black luxury vehicles driven by certified professional chauffeurs. Our chauffeurs are trained in driving skills and etiquette in order to perform at the highest level. Whereas taxis often arrive late, a Chauffeur Service will arrive fifteen minutes early in a clean car. While they wait, the chauffeur can prepare for the route ahead and the traffic conditions. All cars come with bottles of water, tissues, peppermints and magazines. The chauffeur maintains a low profile and will only communicate with the guests if desirable.
You know the driver and the driver knows you!
Unlike a taxi, the aim is to have guests drive by the same drivers as much as possible. Working this way, you know the driver and the driver knows you. The driver is fully aware of any personal wishes, which means that the service must feel safe and trusted. Chauffeur services work with a select group of specially trained professional drivers.
In addition to a mandatory chauffeur pass, which most professional drivers in must have, our drivers receive in-depth and periodic driving training. During these courses, drivers are trained in road knowledge, etiquettes and driving skills. The passenger will be in good hands – should something happen.
Comfort and tranquility.
Chauffeur services generally work with black blinded vehicles, with a choice of eye-catching and unobtrusive luxury. For example, we always guarantee the latest models from Mercedes-Benz, where possible with an extended wheelbase and the highest possible comfort that Mercedes-Benz has to offer. During the ride we offer: bottled water, peppermint, pillows and various charging options for your laptop or cellphone.
Good preparation is key!
The difference between a taxi and a limousine transport is also reflected in the preparation of each ride. Before departure, all our drivers check the scheduled route for particularities and keep an alternative route as a plan B. Working this way we try to prevent and avoid any form of delay. To provide some insight, this is the professional procedure for an airport transfer:
Twenty-four hours before the start of the service, the booker will receive an email containing information about the chauffeur and the vehicle. When the flight arrives, the chauffeur will park their car at the minimum walking distance and wait for the guests near the gate’s exit. When the plane touches down, a text message will be sent with the information and location of the chauffeur. They will be holding an iPad displaying the client’s (company) name. It is also possible to display a logo.
Convenience and safety.
In the taxi, the meter is started as soon as the guest gets in. With a Chauffeur service, the passenger does not have to worry about any direct payment for the service, we work on an invoice basis. This way, a P.A does not have to worry that guests will be bothered with the inconvenience that payment is required after the ride. Should the guest ever forget / lose something in the car due to any circumstance, our office can always be contacted directly. In general, we can quickly track lost items.
Last but not least: discretion.
Unlike a street taxi driver, all our drivers have signed an extensive nondisclosure agreement. As a result, discreet conversations, locations and situations will always be confidential!
Rogier Bosscha is operations manager at http://www.taylortravelmanagement.com
Chauffeur Services, Security and VIP transportationArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 5 Things To Watch Out For On The Roads This Summer
- What’s Coming Next In Car Safety? 5 Areas To Keep An Eye On
- Tips When Buying Quality Used Cars on Sale
- The Ultimate Guide to Caring for and Upgrading Your Car
- The Beginner’s Guide to Professional Car Detailing
- 5 Ways To Find The Faults With Your Car
- Why Window Tinting Cars Is Beneficial
- 5 Great Ways To Upgrade Your Driving Experience
- World premiere of the electric Audi Q4 e-tron and Q4 Sportback e-tron
- 5 Key Changes In The Transport Industry That YOU Need To Know About
- The Emerging Green Face Of Transport: And 5 Ways To Keep Up!
- Best GPS Tracking Device - Don't Cheap Out on Components
- The 5 Electric Cars With The Longest Range
- What Changes are the MOT industry is Applying in 2021?
- Why Vyncs Car Tracker Is a Great Choice for Parents
- 6 Simple Ways To Pandemic-Proof Your Car
- A Fresh Look at Trends and Statistics in the Automotive Aftermarket
- Does Tuning Increase Fuel Economy?
- What Are the Benefits of Dual Exhausts?
- How do you know if your Car Needs Coolant?
- Is it Worth Buying a New Van During Covid-19?
- Which Cars Have the Most Engine Problems?
- How can I sell my used car easily and quickly? We have good advice on how to sell your car fast and profitably.
- How to Prepare Your Car for Back to School
- CAR TUNEUP: WHY IT’S SO IMPORTANT
- Reasons to buy a second hand car than a new one
- What are the different parts of a car?
- 5 Things That Only Car Wreckers Can Tell You
- Why Dash Cams Are So Popular In Ireland Today