Protect your digital assets with drive image backup software
- Author Michael E. Callahan
- Published November 8, 2020
- Word count 605
Almost every computer user has lost important data on at least one occasion. Whether it is due to accidentally formatting a drive or deleting a volume or partition, there are many human factors that can lead to widespread data loss. On top of that, there is always the risk of a serious hardware failure and consequent destruction of all data on the device. These are just some of the reasons why everyone needs to think about backing up their data. It is even more important to have a comprehensive way to back up and restore systems for business users, or anyone else who stores important content on their drives. And there is no better way to back up local machines, such as your desktop or laptop computer, than by creating a complete disk image that contains a copy of every byte of information on the drive.
TeraByte Drive Image Backup and Restore is designed to do exactly that. It is far more than just another backup solution. It protects everything on a hard drive, including the operating systems, programs, and every individual file on the volume. This means there is no chance of missing something, as every byte of data will be recorded in a single file. The program can even make a copy of blank sectors, so the image is literally a complete virtual copy of the entire drive. You can then save the image directly to a large enough external drive, optical disc or even a USB drive. However, it is a good idea to keep a backup stored online as well, since a serious problem could also damage or destroy any local backups you have as well. You can send your backups to any mapped external drive, such as cloud storage.
One of the many unique features of TeraByte Drive Image Backup is that you can continue using your computer while backups are in progress. The software uses the Volume Shadow Copy Service in Windows to do this but, if the VSS won't start for any reason, it can fall back to PHYLock automatically.
Although any modification you make to the contents of the drive won't be backed up while the backup is in progress, it will ensure everything that was on the drive when the process started is safely backed up without any risk of data corruption. Since it can take a while to create a complete image of a typical large modern hard drive, this is a very useful feature to have. In the end, this eliminates many of the inconsistencies often found when creating an image of a partition or drive that is already in use.
With TeraByte, you can extract individual files instead of having to do a full restore, which can save a lot of time. You can also mount images as physical drives and make them available to virtual machines which can access logical drives too. Mounted drives can be modified and backed up again too.
TeraByte also includes lets you restore your images by extracting them onto a suitable drive. This is extremely useful if you are upgrading or replacing your PC or hard drive and want to avoid having to manually reinstall everything. It also helps if you want to install the same operating system, programs, and files on multiple machines quickly. TeraByte Drive Image Backup and Restore is available for Windows, Linux, DOS, and the OSD Tool Suite. Try it out today at https://www.terabyteunlimited.com/image-for-windows.htm .
Version 3.41 now provides an enhanced make disk feature to support large TBI files. It also includes other minor changes, fixes, and enhancements.
Michael E. Callahan manages IT systems for a large company where he often uses disk imaging software for backup and deploying new desktops.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- What is Confocal Fluorescence Microscopy?
- Top 5 free desktop alternatives to Microsoft Office
- How To Activate My Verizon Phone?
- Boost productivity with a free password manager for Windows
- Deep Learning vs Machine Learning
- Artificial Intelligence Disrupting Science
- How Much Does It Cost To Make An App For Your Business?
- Build dual boot and multi-boot environments with a boot manager
- The necessary digitization of the economy and business
- Give your computer a boost with System Mechanic Professional
- Text Annotation Tools for Machine Learning Projects
- Should you choose MP4 or MKV format for your videos?
- Top 5 Best NUC PC for 2020
- Recover lost or damaged partitions with this freeware toolkit
- 9 Free PC Optimizer, Boost Gaming PC 300% Faster
- The Point of Sale Kiosks Are the Wave of the Future For All
- How to resolve QuickBooks error 6000 83?
- How to resolve QuickBooks error 12007?
- FINTECH TRENDS: AI, SMART CONTRACTS, NEOBANKS, INSURETECH, REGTECH, OPEN BANKING AND BLOCKCHAIN
- Climate Change Data Sets for Machine Learning
- Sentiment Analysis Tools and Services for Machine Learning
- Remote Desktop vs VPN - Everything You Need To Know
- Enjoy ultimate creative freedom with ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate 2021
- How Mobile Phone Towers Could Help Monitor Rainfall in Developing Countries
- When to replace your smartphone battery
- 3 Ways KEYSERV Video Integrates with Zoom to Create a Seamless Recording Experience
- What is Product Categorization?
- The gilding process on the edge of the card, Zhanfeng smart card can be customized.
- Backyard Revolution Review