The Phenomenal Growth of ESG Investing
- Author Shahrulnizam Tahir
- Published December 16, 2020
- Word count 498
Over a decades ago, the debate about ESG investing had been discussed by many industrial experts and NGO organizations. The criticism and protests have increased everywhere due to environmental pollution, social injustice, and deviant administration.
To overcome the bias and unethical conducts, the authorities had imposed several rules and policies to protect the environment, social justice and transparency in governance. ESG stands for Environmental, Social, and Governance.
How ESG Investing is Implemented?
When conducting business activities, the companies do ESG investing by evaluating and considering all risks and benefits before making any decision. The companies will have no doubt to strictly comply with all rules and policies to minimize the negative impacts on the environment.
These include to provide a safety working environment, worker health protection, fair treatment to people, non-profit contribution and other social responsibility. In providing good corporate governance, the companies also will be transparent in all management and financial activities.
Year 2020 – The Upward Trends in ESG Investing
Most of the companies are being serious in ESG investing after their heavy loss during Covid-19 lockdown. During this period, ESG stocks show its sustainability and outperform all asset prices in the market.
This makes companies and external investors realize the importance of ESG factors. It paid off the companies for long-term by strengthening their financial stability and becoming better in quality over its competitors.
As for external investors, outstanding ESG present in a company’s portfolio gives better confidence for them to invest in that company. Research has shown that ESG factors are preferred during the investing process by 76 percent of younger generations in the UK.
Major Challenges in ESG Investing
In ESG investing, environmental factors are qualitative and difficult to be measured by the companies. Besides, in providing good social contribution, human decision and action in the companies naturally involves emotion and tends to bias.
Whereas for governance, it is difficult to ensure transparency in management and financial activities all the time. For external investors, analyzing companies’ data and information requires a lot of time and will make them miss golden opportunities to invest at the right time.
How AI benefits ESG Investing?
Artificial Intelligence (AI) helps companies by collecting, analyzing, processing and filtering essential data from agencies, organization, institution and public reports in determining the level of risks and risks control toward environmental protection.
To ensure ESG investing success, AI also helps companies to improve their social judgment and contribution by using quantitative data, reports and results as the metrics to give fair rewards, fair treatment and excellent working safety.
AI also improves corporate governance in companies by using software and systems like Trello and cloud based accounting software. It will make upper management easily monitor daily business activities.
AI helps external investors to get enough important data and information quickly before making any long-term sustainable investing.
To summarize, ESG investing is the highest priority for all companies to ensure a nightmare like Covid-19 will never happen again and Artificial Intelligence (AI) makes it easier.
Looking for a copywriter? Shahrulnizam Tahir is a professional copywriter that can do many types of copywriting projects such as sales page writing, email writing, content writing, blog writing, article writing, and social ads writing. You can get in touch with him via LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/in/shahrulwriters/).Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Crypto? NFTs? Meme-Coin? PIKA and TheKraft
- Serving others brings out the finest in us
- 5 Benefits of Custom-Made Jewelry
- DunRite Towing is expanding to an area near you!
- Bernie Would Be President Today If He Had Endorsed Economic Democracy Over Democratic Socialism
- Insights on Where to Buy and Sell Bitcoin Instantly
- What is a Level 2 Electrician & Why You May Need One
- How To Setup High Converting PPC Ads
- A Society in Transition
- Common Mistakes Plastic Surgeons Make
- Plastic Surgeons and Branding | How to Brand Cosmetic Surgery Practices
- Convert More Consults with Risk Reversal Strategy
- Prevent Problem Patients [Checklist]
- Plastic Surgeon PR | So, You Want To Be Famous?
- Plastic Surgery Marketing | Know Your Numbers
- How To Match Jewelry With Your Make-Up
- The Loudest Bands In History: 10 Ear-Splitting Acts Who’ll Batter Your Brain With Sound
- Adapt and Adjust. Talent Retention Strategies in the Times of the Great Resignation
- Top Engagement Ring Trends To Know for 2021
- Customising Your Company Vehicle: Why You Should Choose Wrapping Over Repainting
- 5 Simple Tips For Smooth Driving In Winter
- How to prepare for relocation after home purchase
- Thinking About Adding a Laser to Your Practice? Renting Versus Owning
- How to Design a Killer Plastic Surgery Ad that Gets a Response
- How Do You Follow Up After the Patient Consultation?
- 10 Plastic Surgery Marketing Tips
- Build a Successful Cosmetic Practice One Patient at a Time
- It Takes a Marketing Mix to Grow a Plastic Surgery Practice
- Marketing Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Are You a Rich Surgeon or Poor Surgeon?