5 Smart Home Devices you Shouldn’t be Without
- Author Kathy Tonery
- Published December 20, 2020
- Word count 543
Many homeowners today are looking for the latest in-home device technologies from temperature-controlled thermostats, lightings, security cameras, and ringers for doorbells. Just when you say, what else can they come up with? Something usually does- Smart Home Automation.
Many people have jumped aboard and have benefited from using home devices controlled by a computer, even when they’re not at home. Does it sound overwhelming? Yes, but it doesn’t have to be. In this article, I will give you detailed information and listings of the best home devices on the market today.
What is Smart Home Technology?
This means that your whole house is connected to a wireless network, you can set up speakers, lights, cameras, thermostats, and even appliances! You have total control of all the devices in the home – not just laptops or smartphones.
The 4th generation Amazon Echo DOT powered by Alexa is popular and offers many features like an alarm to wake you up, you can pair it with wireless speakers, ask any question by clearing stating her name, “Alexa” – then ask the question, give notifications and reminders. Plays music, you can listen to podcasts and audiobooks.
The Smart Light Switches make it more convenient for the homeowner. A smart plug with remote control- you no longer have to reach for trailing switches. So many advantages to this feature you can control not just lighting but fans, heaters or even coffee machine.
It gets cold in the winter so make sure that your home is airtight and try to keep those heating bills down. You can check out my other posts on Tips to Prepare your Home for Winter.
If you want to update to a smart home, the Smart Home Thermostat is the most popular and widely used because of the convenience, saving money, and affordability of all the in-home devices.
If you are a beginner you could start with something simply because there are many designs and functions – not all thermostats are the same. Some have basic capabilities such as set a schedule by day of the week and the time of day, control temperature remotely, and send messages directly to the thermostat display.
Doorbell Camera/Video is another feature that you shouldn’t be without. Every time someone comes to your door and rings the bell- you can view on your phone who it is.
Doorbell video lets you monitor your home, answer the door, and greet guests straight from your phone. With instant alerts, HD video and two-way talk, you can see, hear and speak to visitors from anywhere even if you are not home!
Are you someone who thinks that they forgot to lock the door? Do you drive back home just to make sure? Then this innovative product is for you! The Hands-Free Door Lock. Now you can lock and unlock your door from anywhere to give you extra security with a phone app. Give people you trust a passcode, instead of a key.
This replaces the deadbolt you previously had and if someone tried to break in you will be alerted.
There are so many products that Smart Home has to offer to take a peek at the website – great for a gift for a family member or friend!
Kathy publishes a community-based blog about what’s going on in the Myrtle Beach area with a focus on new businesses and new homeowners in the area. She is civic-minded and helps others by getting involved in community projects for the needy (including homeless pets). She also writes about unique destinations, trending places, and new job opportunities.
Check out https://www.myrtlebeachtransplants.com – feel free to share and comment.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- HGRBS New Year’s Powerpack Series 1-4 [ Critical U.S. Homeowner's Guides for 2021 ]
- Why Do I Need an Automated Gate
- How to Prepare for Carpet Cleaning Services
- Purple Flat Sheet - Update Your Bedding Beautifully
- Damaged Insulation, when to replace
- What To Do When The Basement Floods
- 5 DIY Water Damage Restoration Tips for Your Home
- 6 Resolutions to Set Your Home in 2021
- The Ultimate Guide For Going Solar
- Types of Tiles And The Different Ways in Which They Are Used
- Five Important First Steps When Your House Floods
- Black Aluminum Fence
- How to Decorate Home with Copper Tiles
- Why it is important to install security cameras at your home and business
- Who Will We Hire After the Wildfire?
- Advion Ant Bait Gel: A Trusted Name in Ant Control
- Types of Fencing for Your Farm
- Restoring Faded Gutters 101
- Gutter Repair Tips
- What to Look for in Shingle Roofing
- Fence Painting 101
- Barbed Wire Fencing Explained
- Method Used to Grout Tile
- Reasons to Buy a Vinyl Fence-Quality, Durability, Lifespan
- The Various Grades of Vinyl Fencing-Consumer and Professional
- Can a pool add value to a home in Texas?
- Skills a Roofer Must Possess
- Is Pine Wood Good for Fencing
- How to Hang a picture perfectly