How do you know if your Car Needs Coolant?
- Author Kyle Jarvis
- Published January 17, 2021
- Word count 546
What is the Coolant?
A coolant, scientifically known as the working fluid helps maintain the temperature of the engine to avoid overheating. It runs in the engine's cooling system. It maintains every component at its correct working temperature.
Why does a Car need Coolant?
A coolant or anti-freeze is necessary for a car to run smoothly. If a car runs out of coolant, it may stop functioning well and cause trouble. The following can be the consequences of running with low or no coolant:
The dashboard warning light will go on and the temperature will start to rise.
Modern cars have an automatic engine cut-off feature. This will stop the engine and you won’t be able to drive unless the engine cools down.
Without engine cut-off, a car may overheat, the coolant will boil up and overflow from the radiator. This may damage other engine parts or in a worse case, seize the engine.
The affected parts may include:
o Water Pump
o Engine Gasket
o Piston and Cylinder
o Connecting rods
- Other problems may include loss of interior air conditioning system.
If you face any of the above problems and have no options left. Search Cheap Car Service Near me on the web to find someone who can fix your car.
How to know if your Car Needs Coolant?
Coolant leaks are one of the leading reasons for a car breakdown. Neglecting your car's regular maintenance may create serious troubles and damages. If you need to know when your car needs coolant. Here is a simple 5 step guide to self-maintain your car’s cooling system.
- Low Coolant Level
Always keep a check on coolant light. If it's on, your coolant level is low, and you need to refill it. Ensure that you always use a coolant in the proper ratio with water. Adding only water will not help at all.
- Coolant Color Change
Coolants usually come in orange, yellow, or light green colors. If rust appears in the coolant or it shows a red tone. It is time to be alarmed. Rust can get stuck in the engine cooling system and overheat the system.
- The smell from the Engine
If your car engine produces a sweet smell. It is a sign that the coolant needs replacement. The coolant contains “ethylene glycol”. When it burns, it starts sending off a sweet smell. If you smell the same. Replace the coolant.
- Malfunctioning Heating System
The heating system of the car is similar to the engine cooling system. The hot coolant passes through the heating core and a small radiator pushes the hot air through vents to heat the car. If your heater stops working or doesn’t function properly. It is a sign that the coolant needs replacement.
- Overheating Car
The worst of all is an overheating car. If your car has reached this stage, then the problem is more serious. Once the engine starts overheating, then the case is beyond just coolant replacement. You should call a technician and get your car fixed as soon as possible.
An engine coolant can deteriorate with time. That is why it is necessary to check it frequently. It is one of those important fluids which helps maintain an engine's health and keep the car running smoothly.
You have a great blog. I always find interesting and attention-grabbing content on your blog. I am also a blogger and you face any of the above problems and have no options left. Search Cheap Car Service Near me on the web to find someone who can fix your car. https://www.midlandautocare.co.uk/servicing/Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Harman Kardon and Renault continue their partnership with the all-new Austral
- Things Every Future Owner Must Know Before Purchasing A Subaru WRX
- Finding a Car Rental Milwaukee Under 25
- Top 5 Ways to Make Money When Selling Your Car and Get Cash for Cars
- Top 5 Digital Mobile App Strategies for Car Dealerships
- What's Coming in 2022: The New Electric Cars Poised to Hit the streets
- The Beginner’s Guide To Electric Vehicles
- How to Ship a Car from USA to UAE (United Arab Emirates)
- Premier Carriage Proud Of 25 Years Of Service Excellence
- Customising Your Company Vehicle: Why You Should Choose Wrapping Over Repainting
- 5 Simple Tips For Smooth Driving In Winter
- Limohire and sports car hire
- 6 Simple Ways To Prepare Your Car For The ‘Back To School Season’
- Can You Sue After An Uber Accident?
- 5 Great Ways To Modernise Your Driving
- 5 Things To Watch Out For On The Roads This Summer
- What’s Coming Next In Car Safety? 5 Areas To Keep An Eye On
- Tips When Buying Quality Used Cars on Sale
- The Ultimate Guide to Caring for and Upgrading Your Car
- The Beginner’s Guide to Professional Car Detailing
- 5 Ways To Find The Faults With Your Car
- Why Window Tinting Cars Is Beneficial
- 5 Great Ways To Upgrade Your Driving Experience
- World premiere of the electric Audi Q4 e-tron and Q4 Sportback e-tron
- 5 Key Changes In The Transport Industry That YOU Need To Know About
- The Emerging Green Face Of Transport: And 5 Ways To Keep Up!
- Best GPS Tracking Device - Don't Cheap Out on Components
- The 5 Electric Cars With The Longest Range
- What Changes are the MOT industry is Applying in 2021?
- Why Vyncs Car Tracker Is a Great Choice for Parents