Build dual boot and multi-boot environments with a boot manager
- Author Jeremy Clarke
- Published January 17, 2021
- Word count 504
Being able to run multiple operating systems on the same computer is a lot more convenient than being restricted to one operating system per machine. It gives you a chance to easily test out different types of software, and it's ideal for enthusiasts like software developers who need to test their products on different platforms. Other advanced users can also benefit by using different programs that are not supported on all operating systems, while casual users can test-run another platform. There is no need to be restricted to using Windows or any other platform. With the right software, you can run any number of operating systems on the same hard drive using a convenient dual boot or multi-boot setup. While some operating systems provide this functionality to a limited degree, you will have a lot more opportunities by using a dedicated boot manager.
The BootIt Collection makes that possible by providing all the tools needed to create dual boot and multi-boot environments with many operating systems and unique configurations. This version includes two products - the BootIt Bare Metal for legacy computers that still use the BIOS firmware, and the BootIt UEFI for newer machines running UEFI firmware. Thanks to the BootIt Collection, you can work with any type of system, either new or old, whether it uses the Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) or the newer Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI). The latest version, launched December 17, 2020, includes updated images for UEFI 3.42 and DOS 3.42. It now also supports up to 32 drives (up from 16). This allows you to run many different drives and partitions for a practically limitless number of operating systems in your dual boot or multi-boot configuration.
Thanks to a simple graphical user interface, BootIt Collection is very easy to use, even for people who have little experience setting up partitions or working with multiple operating systems. It includes a simple and highly configurable dialog where you can add new items to your boot menu, set up different partitions, and install your multiple operating systems. You can, for example, run Windows 10 as your primary operating system, and try out multiple Linux or other operating systems along side it. When you start up your computer, you will see a list of operating systems, which you can boot into directly or enter maintenance mode. Both BootIt Bare Metal and BootIt UEFI include sophisticated, full-featured partition managers for logically dividing a single physical hard disk into separate units, with each one able to run its own operating system. By accessing the maintenance mode on the boot menu, you can also resize partitions, delete them, and create new ones. You can even customize the administrator dashboard to better suit your workflow and personal preferences.
The BootIt Collection costs $39.95, and it includes partition management and disk imaging for backing up your hard drive partitions. There is also a scripting utility for advanced users, that lets you change configuration files and automate partition management. Try it out today by visiting the website - https://www.terabyteunlimited.com/bootit-collection.htm.
Jeremy Clarke is a software tester who runs multiple platforms in parallel for testing cross-system compatibility.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Top 5 free desktop alternatives to Microsoft Office
- How To Activate My Verizon Phone?
- Boost productivity with a free password manager for Windows
- Deep Learning vs Machine Learning
- Artificial Intelligence Disrupting Science
- How Much Does It Cost To Make An App For Your Business?
- The necessary digitization of the economy and business
- Give your computer a boost with System Mechanic Professional
- Text Annotation Tools for Machine Learning Projects
- Should you choose MP4 or MKV format for your videos?
- Top 5 Best NUC PC for 2020
- Recover lost or damaged partitions with this freeware toolkit
- 9 Free PC Optimizer, Boost Gaming PC 300% Faster
- The Point of Sale Kiosks Are the Wave of the Future For All
- Protect your digital assets with drive image backup software
- How to resolve QuickBooks error 6000 83?
- How to resolve QuickBooks error 12007?
- FINTECH TRENDS: AI, SMART CONTRACTS, NEOBANKS, INSURETECH, REGTECH, OPEN BANKING AND BLOCKCHAIN
- Climate Change Data Sets for Machine Learning
- Sentiment Analysis Tools and Services for Machine Learning
- Remote Desktop vs VPN - Everything You Need To Know
- Enjoy ultimate creative freedom with ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate 2021
- How Mobile Phone Towers Could Help Monitor Rainfall in Developing Countries
- When to replace your smartphone battery
- 3 Ways KEYSERV Video Integrates with Zoom to Create a Seamless Recording Experience
- What is Product Categorization?
- The gilding process on the edge of the card, Zhanfeng smart card can be customized.
- Backyard Revolution Review
- Research Reveals How to Increase Your Workplace Performance with Remote Working