Damaged Insulation, when to replace
- Author Brig Platt
- Published January 21, 2021
- Word count 327
An existing home that was not constructed with energy efficiency as a goal will probably benefit from added insulation. Older homes are most likely to have less insulation than newer homes.
A homeowner needs to get an energy assessment to determine if the home has sufficient insulation and where it needs insulation added. This home energy assessment will also find areas that need air sealing. Qualified home energy auditors can be hired for this task. If the homeowner wants to save that expense, they can do their own energy audit. This inspection must determine:
The places in the home that are not properly insulated. This can include, under roofs, in attics, under floors, and inside walls. Are exposed pipes and ducts insulated?
What type of insulation was used and the amount and condition it is in. Does the insulation have water damage? Are there rodents living and defecating in it? Rodents are dirty and nobody likes the idea of them crawling around the attic! We especially don't like the mess they leave behind. If there has been rodent damage to insulation, how can one block rodents from returning?
Finding the pests entry point
Blocking those entry points with a variety of materials depending on the location. Could be foam insulation or adding wire mesh if ventilation is needed.
The rodents need to be removed and any sign they have left behind.
Dropping and urine can be removed and neutralized
Once this is done, the new insulation can be installed in the clean space.
The R-Value of the insulation and how thick or deep it is in different areas of the home.
Some places in the home are easier to inspect than others, such as the attic and floors next to an unheated crawl space or an attached garage. Areas where the structural elements are exposed give the inspector a good view of the insulation type and depth. Unfinished basements should be insulated on the walls and ceilings.
Local Insulation Contractor. We service our local community. Competition is tough and we see a lot of contractors coming in from other counties and states even. Our goal is to be competitive and keep the business local.
Sonoma Insulation Company
There are no posted comments.
- Why You Should Look Into Epoxy Coatings for Concrete
- Five Tips When Doing Kitchen Renovations in the Gold Coast
- Biomass boiler - The most important advantages of biomass boiler
- 7 Tips To Choose The Best Carpet For Your Home
- Best Ways to Move Across the Country
- How To Repair A Damaged Roof? | i5 Exteriors
- The Ultimate Guide to Choosing the Right Bathroom Mirror for Your Home
- How Often Should I Get My Car Serviced?
- What Makes Epoxy Resin Flooring Stand Out?
- Why Epoxy Floor Coatings Are The #1 Choice For Residential Garages
- Syd Epoxy Flooring Contractors Want To Come Work For You
- The Most Common Reasons for Blocked Drains
- What are the main advantagous of epoxy flooring?
- Get the Best Epoxy Flooring Sydney
- How to secure your home with smart home technology
- Power Tool Accessories
- 5 Electrical Tips When Moving Homes
- How To Build a Quality Australian Deck
- How to make your Bathroom Renovation More Functional
- What Is The Average Cost To Epoxy Garage Floors?
- Pest Control Checklist for Every House
- 7 Reasons Why Your Drains Might Be Blocked
- What You Need to Know Before Buying a Toilet Fill Valve
- Effortless Ways To Properly Maintain Your Roof
- The Primary Uses Of Concrete
- Cleaning Up After A Renovation: What Your Best Options Are
- Couch Disposal Guide: What To Do With Unwanted Furniture
- Kitchen Remodeling Trends in Fort Collins
- 4 mistakes homeowners make when building a pergola in San Diego
- Understanding The Benefits Of Concrete