Damaged Insulation, when to replace
- Author Brig Platt
- Published January 21, 2021
- Word count 327
An existing home that was not constructed with energy efficiency as a goal will probably benefit from added insulation. Older homes are most likely to have less insulation than newer homes.
A homeowner needs to get an energy assessment to determine if the home has sufficient insulation and where it needs insulation added. This home energy assessment will also find areas that need air sealing. Qualified home energy auditors can be hired for this task. If the homeowner wants to save that expense, they can do their own energy audit. This inspection must determine:
The places in the home that are not properly insulated. This can include, under roofs, in attics, under floors, and inside walls. Are exposed pipes and ducts insulated?
What type of insulation was used and the amount and condition it is in. Does the insulation have water damage? Are there rodents living and defecating in it? Rodents are dirty and nobody likes the idea of them crawling around the attic! We especially don't like the mess they leave behind. If there has been rodent damage to insulation, how can one block rodents from returning?
Finding the pests entry point
Blocking those entry points with a variety of materials depending on the location. Could be foam insulation or adding wire mesh if ventilation is needed.
The rodents need to be removed and any sign they have left behind.
Dropping and urine can be removed and neutralized
Once this is done, the new insulation can be installed in the clean space.
The R-Value of the insulation and how thick or deep it is in different areas of the home.
Some places in the home are easier to inspect than others, such as the attic and floors next to an unheated crawl space or an attached garage. Areas where the structural elements are exposed give the inspector a good view of the insulation type and depth. Unfinished basements should be insulated on the walls and ceilings.
Local Insulation Contractor. We service our local community. Competition is tough and we see a lot of contractors coming in from other counties and states even. Our goal is to be competitive and keep the business local.
Sonoma Insulation Company
There are no posted comments.
- Exploring the Advantages of Professional Cleaning Services in Liverpool
- The Advantages of Enlisting Home Help Services
- Battle of the Germs: Often-Missed High-Touch Areas in Your Home
- Elevate Your Business with Commercial Awnings in the UK: A Perfect Blend of Style and Functionality
- The Home Cleaning Dilemma
- Save Money On Home Projects By Hiring A Contractor In The Winter
- Top 5 Reasons to Choose Local Cleaners in Epsom for Your Home
- Top 5 Reasons to Choose Local Cleaners in Sheerness for Your Home
- Advantages of Hiring a Professional Cleaner in Wandsworth
- Advantages of Hiring a Professional Cleaner in Bootle
- Advantages of Hiring a Professional Cleaner in Southport
- Advantages of Hiring a Professional Cleaner in Telford
- Advantages of Hiring a Professional Cleaner in Coventry
- Advantages of Hiring a Professional Cleaner in Halifax
- Advantages of Hiring a Professional Cleaner in Manchester
- Advantages of Hiring a Professional Cleaner in Reigate
- Advantages of Hiring a Professional Cleaner in Epsom
- The Best Ways To Tackle Tough Carpet Stains
- Roman Silver Traverine : The Silver Lining for Your Dream Projects
- Sorpsion Dehumidifier AllTemp Handy - Solves your moisture problems
- Effective Home Cleaning Strategies for Allergy Sufferers
- Everything You Should Know About Aluminium Sliding Windows
- How to Care for Your Leather Chesterfield Sofa
- Your Gateway to Premium Garage Door Solutions in Willington
- How to Join Boards for a Wood Tabletop
- What Are the Common Types of Workbenches?
- Top 5 Cleaning Tips For Bathrooms
- Find out why experts are raving about these affordable furniture finds
- The Ultimate Guide to Skirting Board Cleaning
- Elevate Your Living Space with Timeless Elegance: The Farmhouse Leather Sofa