The privacy-first browser that doesn't track you
- Author Alexis Norris
- Published February 1, 2021
- Word count 539
Surfing the internet is something most of us take for granted, and many of us cannot imagine being without. But the ubiquity of the internet, on not only our computers, but also our smartphones and other devices, has also opened up a new wave of surveillance. The internet is rife with valuable information that governments and companies want to get hold of to know more about their citizens and people. At the same time, cybercriminals and state sponsored hackers are out in force to steal and misappropriate your data. Just like the real world, the internet can be a dangerous place with threats both seen and unseen. Thus, online privacy has become one of the biggest concerns of the generation, and it all starts with the browser you use.
All of the popular web browsers are notorious for tracking online activities and sending things like usage data and even personal information to major online advertisers. Search engines and social media are notorious for using this data to learn intimate details about their users. While new regulations like Europe's GDPR and California's CCPA have been introduced to give users more control over their data, they can only do so much. You also need to choose the tools you use carefully, and that includes the web browser you use. After all, for most people, the web browser is the app they use most, both on their desktops and mobile devices. For advertisers and governments alike, they provide a proverbial treasure trove of insights into people's personal lives.
It's time for that to change, which is why Maiar has developed a privacy-first browser where online privacy isn't just considered nice to have, but a fundamental human right. It provides full control and transparency over your data, giving you the chance to choose who you give it to. It does not try to force you to use a search engine that tracks and records all of your personal and user data. Instead, it provides a secure search function with native integration with the increasingly popular DuckDuckGo search engine. It also blocks ads by default, though you have the opportunity to unblock them whenever you want. Aside from removing annoying and intrusive ads from your browsing experience, it blocks trackers that follow you around the web.
For the sake of convenience, the desktop version of Maiar supports almost all Google Chrome extensions available through the Chrome web store. That way, you can use a variety of popular extra functions and enjoy seamless interoperability with the world's most popular browser without sacrificing your privacy to do so. Maiar also locally stores and synchronizes with your other devices while keeping your data in your hands. The iOS version also generates two-step verification codes directly in your browser to provide you an extra layer of security. Finally, the built-in password manager lets you autofill passwords in websites you visit regularly, so there's no need to worry about your online privacy getting in the way of productivity and convenience.
The Maiar Browser has recently been updated to version 126.96.36.1996 with the new Brave 1.9.68 Brave rendering engine. It is based on the popular open-source Chromium browser version 81.0.4044.138. Download the browser for desktop or mobile today at https://browser.maiar.com/.
Alexis Norris uses a private web browser to maintain his anonymity and enhance productivity without constant distraction from online ads.Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Why a small business needs a website
- 5 Most Common Http Errors Explained
- 5 Major Advantages of Website Maintenance Services
- Rank with Mobile-Ready Content!
- Unethical SEO-Is it a danger in realistic circumstances?
- Crunchyroll Not Working? Check Your Geolocation
- What is Our Dynamic Services Approach?
- What will be the digital actions shortly in the future?
- Maximize Your Internet Marketing Potential With These Suggestions
- How to use Twitter to drive traffic to your website?
- How to Rank Better for Local Searches on Google
- Your Online Activity Could Be Monitored
- Why Facebook changed its name to Meta, according to a leading tech expert
- Why Casino Bonuses Are Not Always A Good Deal
- The Secrets Of An Effective Digital Marketing Campaign
- SEO Services in Dubai
- How to Setup Canon Printer
- Why Java Is Considered A Top Career Option for Beginners?
- Take Advantage of the Reliable and Privacy Centered Internet Browser Maiar
- Artificial intelligence and eCommerce
- How To Generate Passive Income In Amazon
- The Best Creative Marketing Strategies for Cannabis Companies
- Fundamentals to Become a Freelancer
- The Different Ways That Internet Usage Can Impact Your Business
- How to Plan Your Website For the Best Results
- Why Build a Website For Your Business?
- Darlox Electronics Limited: One-stop solution reduces the barriers for customers to enter the industrial field
- Cyber Addiction - The Other Apocalyptic Virus
- Cyberbullying and Covid-19 - 2021 Update
- What Is Social Media Automation in Instagram?