6 easy steps to prepare for furniture removal
- Author Mark
- Published February 9, 2021
- Word count 643
As you all know furniture removal is a big task and requires a lot of care to move them safely. These big household items are most likely to suffer from surface damage or breaking, and even a little mistake while handling them can result in just that. Furniture removals should be as safe as possible, and to do so, they should be disassembled and wrapped. If you decide to use the help of any professional house removals company, they can provide you with special materials to pack as well as people who will make sure the process goes smooth and safe.
Here are a few steps to make the process of furniture removal easier:
STEP 1 - Packing
Using big boxes for storing parts of the furniture will give them extra protection from any potential damage during transport and storage. Remember to put inside some bubble wrap or foam fillers for cushioning.
While packing any fragile parts of the furniture or glass make sure there are enough layers of protection material between them.
For people who are environmental friendly and don’t want to use plastic packaging, or wraps a very effective way to cushion and protect furniture is by simply using blankets, towels, pillows, bed sheets and any other material that can be found in everyone’s house.
This can also save you money.
STEP 2 – Label
Parts of the furniture that you already packed must be labelled. Remember also to put all the parts from one furniture together as this will help you when putting it together.
Labelling the bigger pieces of furniture is also important as your house removals professionals can put them in correct rooms for you. You could save yourself a lot of unnecessary and heavy job.
When it comes to small pieces like bolts, nuts, screws, put them in a closed bag, and clearly label them, and put in the drawer where they belong to.
STEP 3 – Cover the furniture
Sometimes we hire a house clearance team to remove some of the furniture and put into storage for some time. Storage units may have different humidity levels so, it is important to prepare
Always put plastic covers on top of already packed furniture. It will protect them from rain or moisture.
STEP 4 – Moving heavy items
Some big furniture can be difficult to disassemble and too heavy for you to carry. Always ask for help member of your house clearance team. They are trained, have experience in moving heavy items, and often they have special equipment to help move big furniture around without scratching the floor or the furniture.
Take apart everything what you can, take out drawers, doors before packing, wrapping, and moving.
STEP 5 – Hire professional house removals team
If you have a lot of heavy and big furniture to move it is advisable to get help from professional company. Whether you are moving house or want to get rid of some furniture house removals or house clearance company can do it for you. They will take care of all the aspects of the furniture removals including packing, loading, transport and assembly.
But before you decide which company to hire to make some research online, ask friends for any recommendations.
Remember that some cheaper removals services can cost you much more when damage happen, than a good professional and experienced company with higher prices.
STEP 6 – Take a day off from work
When moving day comes make sure you booked it off. It will help you to navigate the team of people that will help you with the removal. You can ask professionals to take everything from point a to point b without you even touching anything. What will be left for you to do is to unpack your belongings and enjoy a new place.
Hope this few tips will be useful when one day you will have to move.
More information about house removals and house clearance you can find on We Clear Everything website at https://houseandofficeclearance.co.ukArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Are garage conversions the answer to the housing crisis?
- A Few Tips for Kitchen Renovation
- 5 Ways to Provide Stunning Focal Point to Your Dream Home
- Top 5 things to know before getting a quote or estimate for a swimming pool
- Spring Will Soon Blossom – Ready?
- HGRBS New Year’s Powerpack Series 1-4 [ Critical U.S. Homeowner's Guides for 2021 ]
- What Should I Do After a Flood?
- Why Do I Need an Automated Gate
- How to Prepare for Carpet Cleaning Services
- Purple Flat Sheet - Update Your Bedding Beautifully
- Damaged Insulation, when to replace
- What To Do When The Basement Floods
- 5 DIY Water Damage Restoration Tips for Your Home
- 6 Resolutions to Set Your Home in 2021
- The Ultimate Guide For Going Solar
- Types of Tiles And The Different Ways in Which They Are Used
- 5 Smart Home Devices you Shouldn’t be Without
- Five Important First Steps When Your House Floods
- Black Aluminum Fence
- How to Decorate Home with Copper Tiles
- Why it is important to install security cameras at your home and business
- Who Will We Hire After the Wildfire?
- Advion Ant Bait Gel: A Trusted Name in Ant Control
- Types of Fencing for Your Farm
- Restoring Faded Gutters 101
- Gutter Repair Tips
- What to Look for in Shingle Roofing
- Fence Painting 101
- Barbed Wire Fencing Explained