How to properly repair a hole in stucco
- Author Mitch Bratton
- Published February 9, 2021
- Word count 296
If you have a stucco surface on your home or business, rest assured that at some point, something will damage it, and you will be left deciding how to repair the hole. In our opinion, if the hole is fairly large, you will do better to hire a professional stucco contractor. The time and technique involved in repair a large hole in stucco is more than an unexperienced person is prepared to take on. However, if the hole is small, self repair is often a viable option.
When preparing to fix the hole, you'll start by cleaning the area around the hole, and the hole itself, with a wire brush. This will help clean the area, and aid in the new stucco adhering to the existing area. Try to scrub inside the hole as well. Next, use compressed air, or something similar, to blow the loose particles out of the hole and away from the area that you are preparing. Make sure to wear eye protection while you are doing this.
Once the area is free of loose debris, seal the hole with a polyurethane caulking. The caulking will seal the hole, in the event that the hole has punctured the water barrier. The caulking should leave a small indention at the entrance of the hole. This is perfect, as it helps the new stucco adhere to the area. Allow the caulking to dry for 24-48 hours.
Now, apply a finish product to the area, to make it match the surrounding stucco. You can use a stucco finish material, or a premixed repair compound. If you need the color matched, take a sample of stucco from your home or business to your local supplier and have a color match conducted. This can take up to 5 weeks.
Mitch Bratton is a marketer specializing in stucco and stucco repair. You can reach him at email@example.com or visit his site for more information at http://www.stuccorepairlosangeles.comArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- A Look at the Health Benefits of Himalayan Salt
- The Pros and Cons in a Sugar Daddy Dating Relationship
- Tips on Running Your Own E-commerce Website
- Blueberries Are Full of Health Benefits
- Bailex Felix - Top Spa Resort in Romania
- 5 Powerful Ways To Raise Your Online Profile
- Do you really want to lose weight now?
- 5 Reasons Why Online Marketing Is Flourishing (And How You Can Use It In Your Business)
- 5 Underrated Animations That Deserve More Attention
- For BBW Admirers: How to Choose the Right BBW Dating Apps
- Are garage conversions the answer to the housing crisis?
- Cool Food carbon reduction project wins European REGIOSTARS 2020 Award
- List Out The 5 Benefits of CCTV Cameras
- The Multimillionaire Mindset That Leads to Financial Success
- Charity: The Greatest Money-making Secret
- How Bill Gates made Microsoft a huge Business Success
- How Steve Jobs made Apple a huge Business Success
- How John D Rockefeller became the Richest Person in Modern History Via Business
- Credit Monitoring Will Save Your Credit
- 5 Quick Tips to Resolve POGO Games Not working and Sign in issue
- Best Leather Jacket mens
- Winter Proposals Reach Record High Due To Lockdown
- 3 Methods Financial Companies Use to Get New Clients
- Useful Tips To Paint Your Kid’s Bedroom – A Knowledge Base
- Is it true that if you stop eating sugar, you will lose fat rapidly?
- Thought The Law That Holds All Matter Together Law of Attraction At Work
- Not all charging cables are Equal . . . my near nightmare at LaGuardia
- Disinfecting in the New Normal
- Protecting Your Children from Identity Theft
- What is Cryptocurrency in Simple Words 2021