Should You Waterproof Your Basement?
- Author Brittany Beadle
- Published March 23, 2021
- Word count 498
Waterproofing your basement is as essential in Atlanta as is anywhere else, mainly because no one wants to come home to water in the basement. It rarely fails: you are headed down to the basement to store holiday decorations, or you have a basket of laundry on your hip. That’s when you notice it - the puddle on the floor. Water in the basement is never a fun surprise.
One of the most common leaks encountered in Atlanta is seepage at the cove joint. The cove joint is where the basement wall and floor meet. After foundation footings are built, your basement walls are poured, so they slot into a keyway. If roots, leaves, or hydrostatic pressure move water upwards against the joint and against the joint, it can seep into the foundation walls and the basement. Once this happens, it will only get worse over time.
Wall cracks, floor cracks, and pipe penetration are also common for water collection and seepage.
Waterproofing your basement saves both time and money and increases the value of your home investment. Every home is different, so your waterproofing method may differ from that of someone else in your neighborhood.
Typically, there are two ways to waterproof your basement: installing a drainage system with a sump pump or a system that works well for monolithic-style foundations.
A typical drainage system is designed to control and prevent water seepage. Installed beneath the floor, it’s designed to collect water from multiple sources and channel that water into a sump pump. At that point, the sump pump will direct the water away from the home and protect the basement from any water intrusion.
If your home has a monolithic-style foundation, technicians can install a system above the ground to create a seal between the wall and floor. Then, this system can direct water into one of the sump pump systems.
Both work to protect your home. Waterproofing guarantees you can protect your basement and home from long-term damage.
Left untreated, water in the basement can lead to long-term problems like mold growth and structural damage. Both are incredibly expensive to mitigate in comparison to any initial waterproofing.
The good news is that in Atlanta, there are professional waterproofing companies that know what to do to help. Look for a company that is licensed, insured, and bonded. Pay attention to the company’s internet presence and any testimonials that are available online. Ensure that the company representatives have a working knowledge of basement waterproofing and take the time to answer your questions and educate you on possible options. Technicians shouldn’t be salesmen, so expect patience and courtesy.
Most top-quality basement waterproofers offer a FREE estimate and will give you time and space to think through your options.
Just remember, waterproofing is much less expensive than the clean-up and headache of possible long-term effects after flooding. Call a waterproofing professional today to schedule a consultation - don’t wait until it’s too late.
Waterproofing and Restoration Specialisthttps://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- A Few Tips For Electronics Recycling
- New Year, New Kitchen, New Year
- What is a Level 2 Electrician & Why You May Need One
- HOW TO PREPARE YOUR AC UNIT FOR WINTER
- Everything You Should Know About Flue Liner Installation
- Why You Should Look Into Epoxy Coatings for Concrete
- Five Tips When Doing Kitchen Renovations in the Gold Coast
- Biomass boiler - The most important advantages of biomass boiler
- 7 Tips To Choose The Best Carpet For Your Home
- Best Ways to Move Across the Country
- How To Repair A Damaged Roof? | i5 Exteriors
- The Ultimate Guide to Choosing the Right Bathroom Mirror for Your Home
- How Often Should I Get My Car Serviced?
- What Makes Epoxy Resin Flooring Stand Out?
- Why Epoxy Floor Coatings Are The #1 Choice For Residential Garages
- Syd Epoxy Flooring Contractors Want To Come Work For You
- The Most Common Reasons for Blocked Drains
- What are the main advantagous of epoxy flooring?
- Get the Best Epoxy Flooring Sydney
- How to secure your home with smart home technology
- Power Tool Accessories
- 5 Electrical Tips When Moving Homes
- How To Build a Quality Australian Deck
- How to make your Bathroom Renovation More Functional
- What Is The Average Cost To Epoxy Garage Floors?
- Pest Control Checklist for Every House
- 7 Reasons Why Your Drains Might Be Blocked
- What You Need to Know Before Buying a Toilet Fill Valve
- Effortless Ways To Properly Maintain Your Roof
- The Primary Uses Of Concrete