5 Document Security Mistakes and How to Fix Them
- Author Paul Edwards
- Published March 30, 2021
- Word count 583
The focus of data theft may be on large-scale corporate attacks affecting tens or hundreds of thousands of individuals, but the real risk to document security could be closer to home. Using the wrong printer or photocopier to manage your documents, with features not optimised for your print environment can result in a loss of information.
Here’s a list of common ways you’re going wrong with document security and suggestions to make it right.
Documents that are left in the printer output tray are at risk of being read, copied, or stolen and if the information in these documents contains sensitive information such as payroll, banking, or personal data, that could put your business at risk. Choose a printer or photocopier that is capable of authenticating the user at the device before releasing the print job and ensure that this feature is implemented throughout your office.
Hard Drive Data
Each multifunctional printer and photocopier contains a hard drive, much like your computer. This hard drive contains all the information of each printed, scanned, copied, or emailed document and therefore requires the same level of security as your desktop or laptop computer.
Most modern printers and photocopiers today have the option to turn on data-encryption, this adds a level of security that will prevent someone from removing the hard-drive and using your data. Choose a device with enterprise-grade encryption and ensure it is turned on.
As most office printers and photocopiers are leased or rented, you should ensure that when the copier is returned to the supplier the hard drive is wiped of any data.
Most people store their documents somewhere on their device before they are scanned. Saving documents to a convenient location, such as your desktop or local folder increases the risk of a data breach by hackers or malicious employees. To mitigate this, make sure your printer can save your files directly to the cloud.
Documents that contain sensitive information should be password-protected. The right printer can ensure you are sending your documents securely across your business.
We recommend that you use a strong password to encrypt sensitive or confidential documents and to level up your document security. Ideally with a mix of uppercase, lowercase, numbers and symbols and at least 12 characters long. Use a password generator to avoid words that are easy to guess.
A colleague who works from home or away from the office may ask a team member in the office to print a document for them, but if the team member saves that document in an unsafe location, it could fall into the wrong hands compromising your document security. A printer or photocopier with remote printing capability allows colleagues who are not in the office to print safely and effectively. PaperCut software can be installed on most print servers and features mobility print, allowing you to print remotely from outside your network.
Level Up Your Document Security
Sensitive or confidential documents falling into the wrong hands can be catastrophic for many businesses. In a time of data privacy and regulations such as GDPR, it’s so important for businesses to gain full control over their data and minimise the risks of data leakage.
A document management solution allows your business to have full control of its document security and provides a full audit trail allowing you to easily see who viewed, modified and accessed any documents. It provides granular control of the document flow around your business.
Hi, I'm Paul Edwards the Managing Director of Print Logic Ltd
If you’re looking for a Document Management Solution, we offer bespoke solutions tailored to your business and document needs.
Talk to one of our friendly Document Management experts, who’ll work with you to bring you the latest technology for less. We pride ourselves on our customer support and saving you time and money.http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Programmable devices for IoT
- Interior Design - Liven Up Your Space!
- From Plasticine To Digital: The Development Of Three-Dimensional Animation
- "All races have an opportunity to put their best foot forward in life", says Dr. Marcia
- “NARCOTIC LOVER”, New Parfum Fragrance enters 50 B Dollar Annual Fragrance Industry
- What Are Forex Signals?
- Best Pre Rolls Packaging astonishing designs and adorable material
- Starting an Online Business from Zero
- How to Stay Away From Scam Products or Programs in Order to Become An Authority Blogger in Your Niche
- How to be Successful ClickBank Affiliate or Seller in Less Than 3
- How to Promote Top ClickBank Offers to Generate a Passive Monthly Income
- 5 Key Changes In The Transport Industry That YOU Need To Know About
- How to choose the right gift for the right person
- What is Digital Wealth Management?
- Benefits of Choosing Vinyl Siding For Your Home
- Brighten up your home with house painting this spring
- 6 Simple & Easy Ways To Help The Environment: At Home & At Work
- HGRBS Homeowner’s Guide Series #2 - Best Wonder of the World
- Spiritual forces governing us enlighten our path to realization of our purpose in life
- Cleansing the body with natural juices
- Economic Recovery: The Homestead Act of 1862 VS the Economic Democracy Act of 2021
- Happy Birthday Quotes
- Trust Fund Babies VS Economic Freedom in America
- How to Start Dropshipping Business Without Expensive Budget
- Gangs of the Lake.
- Goodbye Momma...
- Call Me Chuck.
- Mirror, Mirror, On the wall...
- How To Hire Cleaning Service
- Where Can You Find the Right Australian Visa Services Agent?