Hurricane windows and their benefits
- Author Steve Smith
- Published March 16, 2021
- Word count 520
If you live in an area of the country like Clearwater, Florida, then you know we are usually affected by hurricanes once a year. Chances are if you live here that you’ve thought about or at least heard about hurricane impact windows. They’re sometimes just called impact-resistant, hurricane windows, or coastal windows, but their job is more or less the same—to protect your home in the face of a hurricane or tropical storm.
That said, there’s a lot of information on impact windows out there. Some of it favorable, some of it not, some of it just plain silly. If you’re thinking of buying impact windows for your home, then you’re probably in the process of doing some research for window companies Palm Harbor. And if that’s the case, you may have heard some things about impact windows that you like and maybe don’t like. Well, to clear up any confusion, we are here to address some of the most common misconceptions about impact windows.
Yes, hurricane windows are built to withstand extreme pressure and heavy impacts, so if an airborne tree branch isn’t going to get through them, then neither is a potential intruder. This peace of mind from having Impact windows on your home can help you rest a little easier at night, knowing that you and your family are safe and sound.
And speaking of sound, with impact windows installed on your home, all those annoying sounds from the outside world—such as traffic, road construction, dogs barking, etc.—will me nicely muffled. Due to their insulated frames, heavier gauge glazing systems, and gas fills, impact windows are excellent for hiding outside noises.
What’s more, because they’re so durably constructed, impact windows will last just as long if not longer than any other replacement windows you may be considering. They’re also very energy efficient with their double-pane glass, so you can expect all of the benefits you’d get from energy-efficient windows such as a more comfortable home, a smaller carbon footprint, and over time, a much lower monthly heating and cooling bills.
Impact windows might run a little bit more than standard replacement windows Palm Harbor, but with the additional benefits they offer, and the peace of mind they provide during hurricanes or storms, I think it’s safe to say this price difference is well worth it. And let’s face it, replacing the windows on your home is going to cost a couple of dollars whether you’re doing impact windows or non-impact windows; if the non-impact windows you’re thinking of getting are really that much cheaper than the impact windows, then you might want to think twice about buying them in the first place. After all, with any replacement windows, you usually get what you pay for.
If impact windows are something, you’re ready to look into, please give us a call, Tampa Bay Windows and Doors. We carry many different styles and designs to choose from.
Tampa Bay Windows & Doors in Clearwater, Florida is your #1 choice for windows.
Tampa Bay Windows and Doors - Clearwater, Floridahttps://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- A Few Tips For Electronics Recycling
- New Year, New Kitchen, New Year
- What is a Level 2 Electrician & Why You May Need One
- HOW TO PREPARE YOUR AC UNIT FOR WINTER
- Everything You Should Know About Flue Liner Installation
- Why You Should Look Into Epoxy Coatings for Concrete
- Five Tips When Doing Kitchen Renovations in the Gold Coast
- Biomass boiler - The most important advantages of biomass boiler
- 7 Tips To Choose The Best Carpet For Your Home
- Best Ways to Move Across the Country
- How To Repair A Damaged Roof? | i5 Exteriors
- The Ultimate Guide to Choosing the Right Bathroom Mirror for Your Home
- How Often Should I Get My Car Serviced?
- What Makes Epoxy Resin Flooring Stand Out?
- Why Epoxy Floor Coatings Are The #1 Choice For Residential Garages
- Syd Epoxy Flooring Contractors Want To Come Work For You
- The Most Common Reasons for Blocked Drains
- What are the main advantagous of epoxy flooring?
- Get the Best Epoxy Flooring Sydney
- How to secure your home with smart home technology
- Power Tool Accessories
- 5 Electrical Tips When Moving Homes
- How To Build a Quality Australian Deck
- How to make your Bathroom Renovation More Functional
- What Is The Average Cost To Epoxy Garage Floors?
- Pest Control Checklist for Every House
- 7 Reasons Why Your Drains Might Be Blocked
- What You Need to Know Before Buying a Toilet Fill Valve
- Effortless Ways To Properly Maintain Your Roof
- The Primary Uses Of Concrete