Hurricane windows and their benefits
- Author Steve Smith
- Published March 16, 2021
- Word count 520
If you live in an area of the country like Clearwater, Florida, then you know we are usually affected by hurricanes once a year. Chances are if you live here that you’ve thought about or at least heard about hurricane impact windows. They’re sometimes just called impact-resistant, hurricane windows, or coastal windows, but their job is more or less the same—to protect your home in the face of a hurricane or tropical storm.
That said, there’s a lot of information on impact windows out there. Some of it favorable, some of it not, some of it just plain silly. If you’re thinking of buying impact windows for your home, then you’re probably in the process of doing some research for window companies Palm Harbor. And if that’s the case, you may have heard some things about impact windows that you like and maybe don’t like. Well, to clear up any confusion, we are here to address some of the most common misconceptions about impact windows.
Yes, hurricane windows are built to withstand extreme pressure and heavy impacts, so if an airborne tree branch isn’t going to get through them, then neither is a potential intruder. This peace of mind from having Impact windows on your home can help you rest a little easier at night, knowing that you and your family are safe and sound.
And speaking of sound, with impact windows installed on your home, all those annoying sounds from the outside world—such as traffic, road construction, dogs barking, etc.—will me nicely muffled. Due to their insulated frames, heavier gauge glazing systems, and gas fills, impact windows are excellent for hiding outside noises.
What’s more, because they’re so durably constructed, impact windows will last just as long if not longer than any other replacement windows you may be considering. They’re also very energy efficient with their double-pane glass, so you can expect all of the benefits you’d get from energy-efficient windows such as a more comfortable home, a smaller carbon footprint, and over time, a much lower monthly heating and cooling bills.
Impact windows might run a little bit more than standard replacement windows Palm Harbor, but with the additional benefits they offer, and the peace of mind they provide during hurricanes or storms, I think it’s safe to say this price difference is well worth it. And let’s face it, replacing the windows on your home is going to cost a couple of dollars whether you’re doing impact windows or non-impact windows; if the non-impact windows you’re thinking of getting are really that much cheaper than the impact windows, then you might want to think twice about buying them in the first place. After all, with any replacement windows, you usually get what you pay for.
If impact windows are something, you’re ready to look into, please give us a call, Tampa Bay Windows and Doors. We carry many different styles and designs to choose from.
Tampa Bay Windows & Doors in Clearwater, Florida is your #1 choice for windows.
There are no posted comments.
- Is Etching Concrete Necessary? Weighing The Pros and Cons Of This Home Improvement Method
- Power Washing Services in Chicago; DIY or Hire a Pro?
- Choosing the Right Builder in the UK
- 5 Tips For Cleaning the House
- Protect the Plumbing Pipes in your Home from Freezing During Winter Months
- Creating Your Dream Home: A Guide to the Different Types of Home Extensions
- Small Outdoor Kitchen in LA
- How does commercial cleaning vary from domestic cleaning?
- How To Choose The Right Hinges For The Doors
- Are You Worried About Construction Cleaning After Renovating or Constructing Your House?
- How To Approach Removing Asbestos Removal in Sydney
- Professional Carpet Cleaning vs. Do-It-Yourself Methods: Which is Better?
- Installation Tips for Outdoor Lighting Fixtures
- 5 Reasons to Call a Professional Plumber for Drain Cleaning
- Why Smart Home Automation In Cumbernauld Is The Best Home Improvement Installation Absolutely Everyone Needs
- 4 Bathroom Cleaning Mistakes You Didn't Know You Were Making
- Looking For a Maid Service in San Jose? Remember These 5 Important Things
- Preparing Your House For Sale: The Top 4 Benefits of Hiring a Cleaning Service
- Why online bed shopping is better than visiting home furniture store?
- Waste Removal Companies and How to Choose and Use Them
- It's Far Better To Trust The Smart Home Installers In Manchester Than To DIY This Home Improvement Task – Here's Why
- How to Get a Set of Plans for Your Room Addition: The Complete Guide
- How to Choose a General Contractor to Remodel My House: The Ultimate Guide
- How to heat water with solar panel?
- 9 Signs You Need Emergency Plumber In Your Home
- Pavers for your Driveway, Patio or Pool Deck
- Paver Driveways
- 3 Electrical Safety Tips for Your Home
- 10 Beautiful, Inexpensive Bathroom Remodel Ideas
- Home Sauna Installation Guide: How to Do it Like a Pro?