Who knew San Juan could be this fun? My experience all jotted down for you!
- Author Danny Brown
- Published April 1, 2021
- Word count 620
First things first, I am not your super-cool travel junkie who live on red bulls and adventure. I am a regular boy in my twenties who loves my 9-5 job, my dog Bruno and my middle-class upbringings. Now, don’t get disheartened. I have my moments, Okay! Alright then, let’s get this show on the road.
Everyone has a travel bucket list, I had one too. I decided to check off San Juan, Puerto Rico from it. After long nights of googling deals and offers on flights and hotels, I booked my two-way flight to San Juan, Puerto Rico. San Juan does not need any introduction. The city gracefully flaunts colonial architecture, tropical climate, traditional cuisine and breathtaking landscapes. I figured the city could be a sweet escape from the busy monotonous life. The gorgeous city took all my worries away with its scenic beauty and spell binding beaches.
In my research, various experienced travel bloggers talked about San Juan and how it important it was to know the airport you are going to land at. Pay attention to check the airport closest to your preferred destination, before departure. San Juan has two international airports-
Fernando Luis Ribas Domenici Airport (SIG) which is commonly known as San Juan Isla Grande Airport among locals and frequent travelers. San Juan Luis Munoz Matin Airport (SJU) which is commonly known as San Juan International Airport. It is the busiest and largest airport in Caribbean. For U.S citizens no passport is required for Puerto Rico. The airport is located 8 miles east of Old San Juan. The airport has myriad of duty-free, apparel and souvenir shops.
I had already made my booking at Condado Vanderbilt Hotel and scored such a good deal on it, just by doing my research prior booking. First thing I did after exiting the airport was to look for a taxi that can take me to the most popular food joint nearby. Food has always inspired me to explore more and more.
A casual banter with the vibrant locals made me more aware of indigenous culture of the city. Despite being a part of USA, San Juan has preserved its Spanish roots and is illuminated by its Spanish Culture and cuisine which the locals call, ‘cocina criolla’. The first thing I ordered was Mofongo, a meat or seafood- filled mound of plantains which was heavenly to say the least. The food has drawn inspiration from Europe, Africa and native Taino People. I got my share of Caribbean delicacies on the islands. The cafes, Island restaurants serve everything from local to Italian cuisine with vegetarian and vegan friendly options available as well.
Next stop was to see magic. I am serious. Ever seen water glowing without the Instagram filters? Me neither. In Puerto Rico I did! It is a scientific phenomenon known as bioluminescent bays, in layman terms- glowing water. Tourist from all over the globe rush to the beaches of Puerto Rico to experience this beauty. Being a water baby myself I couldn’t help but marvel at the waters glimmering in starless night. I was clapping like a five-year-old boy who had just seen her first magic show. Strange looks from onlookers brought me back to reality.
It’s been a month since I came back to my regular life, don’t get me wrong, I love my life but sometimes when things start to get overwhelming, I close my eyes and imagine myself standing on the beach, barefoot, watching the waves rising to touch my feet and assuring me that it’s going to be a good life.
I hope you had as much fun reading this article as much as I did writing it. Stay safe.
I am Danny Brown from New Jersey. In my research, various experienced travel bloggers talked about San Juan. So, I decided to check out San Juan, Puerto Rico. After long nights of googling deals and offers on flights and hotels, I booked my two-way flight from this site https://united-airlines-reservations.com. Read my full article to know more about my experience.Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Evolution of Using Digital Downloads
- What’s the strangest incident that’s happened on an airline flight?
- Essential information about Everest Base Camp Trek
- Three High Passes Trek: The Ultimate Trek in Everest Region
- Know well before you go for Everest Base Camp trek
- How to Prepare For Your Next Trip To Africa
- Why You Should Try Traveling Alone At Least Once In Your Life
- The Ultimate Hotel Guide To New York City
- 5 Top Tips to Get You Upgraded on Flights
- An Adventurous Journey To The Mesmerizing City Of Middleton
- Travel Tips To Make Your Vacation Planning Easier
- 5 Questions About Visiting Japan You’d Want Answers For
- 5 Ways to Spice Up Your Japan Travel Itinerary
- Things To Consider When You Go Work in Magaluf For The Summer
- Top-10 Cardiff Attractions
- Using the Public Transport Systems in Paris
- How To Travel In Style And Not Spend A Fortune Along The Way
- What Visa to Issue for a Foreigner for a Short Trip to Russia?
- 25 Africa safari myths and misconceptions
- Delicious Culinary Tourism in Medan
- How can you make new friends in travel countries .
- Will you Travel After Covid-19 crisis ends?
- Strange Things may Surprise you about North Korea
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek
- Why Compare Cheap Airport Parking Valet Amenities for Vehicle Safety
- Everest base camp trek guide
- How to prepare for Annapurna base camp trek
- Manaslu Larke La pass Trekking
- 10 Wine Tasting Tips and Tricks for Napa Valley