Our Windows App Got Better with New App-Based Troubleshooting Features
- Author James F Bartlett
- Published April 2, 2021
- Word count 843
As we evolve the PureVPN brand, we also take heed to the user experience, seeking ways to improve your interactive experience within our applications even if you're not looking for ways that the app needs to be improved. At PureVPN, we look to get iteratively better, and we're not satisfied with the status quo. We saw a way to improve the app experience even more, so we decided it's time to roll some of these features out. As such, we recently evolved our Windows app with extra troubleshooting steps that allow both PureVPN and the end user to diagnose issues that may arise when connecting to your desired PureVPN server.
When a user connects to the PureVPN app, there are 2 broad categories that cause a user's connection to PureVPN to fail: account issues and connectivity related issues. Perhaps the server is down. Perhaps it's something on the user's end. Perhaps your account is no longer active. Our app now will give you the data you need to make informed decisions.
Our plan in revamping our application was to reduce the pain it would take to troubleshoot these issues, some of which can be quite difficult to diagnose. Before this point, any connectivity issue with the app would require you to contact our support team, and they'd have had to troubleshoot the issue either by asking you questions or by accessing your machine remotely. And that process could be potentially arduous: if the support rep could solve it through a few questions and answers or through RDP, great. Otherwise, it would need to be escalated to a technical engineer, and it's a very inefficient process when all you want is to have to connect to a VPN without a headache.
Our goal is to gradually automate detection and fixing of all the cases where the process can be automated. At the present, we have addressed 6 cases with the focus of adding functionality to address even more cases in the future. Therefore, we overhauled the app to include embedded diagnostic functionality to resolve a large majority of issues. Currently, all the apps have these features, but the number of use cases on each platform varies. And we'll be refining all apps to include additional diagnostics as well, as admittedly this is still a basic iteration of what's to come.
Is the user authenticated?
The first step we process upon connecting to the app is to verify if the user is authenticated. We return data such as if the account is still active or disabled, if their trial or term has ended, if the user's credentials are valid, or if the user's VPN credentials may have recently been updated.
Is the server accessible?
The next step we perform is to connect the user to the most optimal server based on the user's specifications. First, we aim to connect to the server within 5 seconds. If it takes too long, we will display a notification informing you that the connection is delayed, and you now have the option to abort and troubleshoot.
We also have a means of verifying if there are multiple attempts within the app to connect to a VPN server. For example, when you first connect to the VPN, it may not respond. Thus, our app immediately attempts to retry the connection. If another attempt is taking place and it takes too long, we will default to the troubleshooting process. We display the popup as soon as the time limit is exceeded to give users the ability to troubleshoot.
Did the connection fail?
If the connection still fails at this point, we may have some data points returned from the server that may indicate why this is happening. If we receive an error code where we have a specific solution, we can then work off of the data from that point to establish the correct fixes with minimal interruption to the user experience.
There are 4 types of connection failures that we can work with at this point.
A reliable solution, where we understand both the problem and the solution, and can send the user to the solution.
A reliable solution, where we understand the problem but it cannot be automated without some interaction by the user.
A solution that is not reliable but can be automated. Even though we are not 100% sure that this solution would work, it's still worth giving a shot.
A solution that is not reliable and cannot be automated. In those cases, we'll try to send you to the troubleshooting screen where we can walk through additional steps before escalation to support.
If all else fails, we'll suggest that you repeat the process or contact our 24/7/365 online support at https://support.purevpn.com
Our goal here is to make things as seamless and frustration free as possible, and we hope these steps will make it easier for you to get online and connected to PureVPN in a jiffy.
Join 3 million+ users and enjoy complete internet freedom. Check out www.PureVPN.com today for a better and secure Internet experience with PureVPN.
PureVPN is a global name in the VPN business with a huge network of 550+ servers installed across 140+ countries. PureVPN provides its users with security against hackers, data-sniffers, unauthorized surveillance, DDoS attacks, IP leaks and moreArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Programmable MQTT Devices - NORVI
- How to Earn Free Robux in Roblox
- It’s Time to Fast-Track Your Managed IT Services Like The Pros in 2021
- What Are the Major Causes of Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) Damage?
- POST PRODUCTION SERVICES
- Beta Testing – An Informative Guide
- 5 Proven Printer Hacks that will level up your printing
- The industry ready I/O controllers for automation and IoT applications
- Wall mountable devices for Industrial IoT applications
- dlinkrouter.local 10
- lexmark support
- Reset local account passwords with a Windows password recovery tool
- Your last line of defense against data loss
- NTFS Recovery Toolkit is the last line of defense against data loss
- Everything you need to backup, recover, and securely delete data
- An easy way to migrate from QuarkXPress to Adobe InDesign
- List Out The 5 Benefits of CCTV Cameras
- Not all charging cables are Equal . . . my near nightmare at LaGuardia
- What is Confocal Fluorescence Microscopy?
- Top 5 free desktop alternatives to Microsoft Office
- How To Activate My Verizon Phone?
- Boost productivity with a free password manager for Windows
- Deep Learning vs Machine Learning
- Artificial Intelligence Disrupting Science
- How Much Does It Cost To Make An App For Your Business?
- Build dual boot and multi-boot environments with a boot manager
- The necessary digitization of the economy and business
- Give your computer a boost with System Mechanic Professional
- Text Annotation Tools for Machine Learning Projects