Benefits of Choosing Vinyl Siding For Your Home
- Author Sheryl Jennings
- Published April 16, 2021
- Word count 595
When you’re building a home, or looking to install new siding on your house, there are many options to choose from. Some are more expensive than others, some use natural materials like wood, and some are manufactured. There are all types of pros and cons for each option, but the most popular choice on the market right now is vinyl siding. Vinyl siding is primarily the most popular because it tends to be the most affordable choice, but even within the realm of vinyl there are many choices to be made.
So, if you’re looking to install vinyl siding or want to understand why it’s so popular, here are some of the most commonly cited reasons homeowners chose it for their house.
Firstly, it is incredibly durable. Vinyl is manufactured using PVC, the same material that PVC pipes are made from. They are sturdy, and extremely wind resistant. We have seen them withstand island storms with up to 80 mile per hour winds. Vinyl is made to last, so you can expect it to stay protecting your home for decades to come. The plastic resin that PVC is made from is wind resistant, water resistant, and strong. So, if you live in an area with a wide range of weather, vinyl may be a good choice for you.
Secondly, vinyl siding is very low maintenance. If you’re not someone who enjoys repainting their home’s exterior, or tending to damage that occurs over the years, then you may want to look into this option for your home. Vinyl siding is colored down to the base of the panel, so no fading or chipping paint here. It will retain its color for decades longer than wood panels, because of how the color is applied to the siding itself. So, no need to call an exterior painting company every few years. It also is resistant to pest infestations, because it’s not a natural material. While wood paneling frequently experiences issues with termites, not so with vinyl siding. So, if you’re a low maintenance, little to no upkeep type homeowner, that’s another reason why you may want to consider vinyl as the choice for your home.
Cost saving benefits is the next reason on our list that people frequently choose vinyl. As we mentioned earlier, it tends to be the most affordable choice on the market. This is due to the material it is manufactured from, which is easy to produce, and is also lighter than other materials, which decreases transportation costs due to the lighter weight of the panels themselves. When you want value for money, it’s easy to see why it’s a popular choice for homeowners.
Last but not least, vinyl is versatile! It can be fasted vertically or horizontally, depending on what the homeowner chooses. It comes in different grains and textures, which allows it to mimic the look of other panel styles. It comes in a wide array of colors, so there’s plenty of choice there as well. In addition, there are varying levels of thickness on the panels, so if you like a widder paneled look, or a thinner paneled look, the choice is yours as well.
There you have it! There are many reasons why vinyl siding is the most popular choice on the siding market right now, and as technologies continue to evolve, we’re confident more options will continue to break into the market and emerge as frontrunners. Until then, vinyl siding reigns as the choice for homeowners across the nation.
We're passionate about vinyl siding, siding repair, and installation in Columbia, SC.http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- What to Ask Your Hawaii Contractor Before Remodeling Your Bathroom
- What are the Major Benefits of Insulation?
- Why Should You Get Insulation for Your Home?
- New HGRBS Homeowner’s Guide Series #4 - Do We Give ‘Social Networks’ More Attention Than Our Homes?
- Why Insulation Is Essential Today
- Key Benefits of Insulation
- Home Decoration - Inexpensive Ways to Liven Up Your Rooms!
- What A Handyman Can Do For You
- Benefits of Customized Pressure Washing
- Understanding The Benefits of Insulation
- Home Design - Brighten Up Your Environment
- Why Handyman Services Are Essential
- Why You Should Insulate Your Conservatory
- What are the benefits of painting your home?
- New HGRBS Homeowner’s Guide Series #3 - Is There “Neighborhood Watch” For Malicious Contractors?
- Interior Design - Liven Up Your Space!
- Top 11 Ideas to Create a Productive Home Office Space
- The Dos and Don'ts of Water Damage
- Brighten up your home with house painting this spring
- HGRBS Homeowner’s Guide Series #2 - Best Wonder of the World
- Benefits of Regular Air Conditioning Service Dallas
- How To Hire Cleaning Service
- New HGRBS Homeowner’s Guide Series #1 - Home Projects Are Business Operations
- Plumbers Denver - Water Heater installation
- Homeowners Personal Duty To Manage “All Activity”
- How to repair water damaged stucco
- Is it better to remove my concrete before putting down brick paving on my driveway?
- How to increase your roofing leads
- Hurricane windows and their benefits