World premiere of the electric Audi Q4 e-tron and Q4 Sportback e-tron
- Author Flori Mun
- Published April 29, 2021
- Word count 621
With the Audi Q4 e-tron and the Audi Q4 Sportback e-tron, Audi is taking the next step in the design language for its electric cars. The two compact SUVs are already in production and the lines are recognizable from the concept cars shown in 2019. The proportions are powerful with short overhangs and large wheels while the lines are drawn with precision over clean and reduced surfaces.
The new Audi Q4 Sportback e-tron has a coupe-like roofline that ends in a powerful rear section where the spoiler is placed far down on the two-part window. The aerodynamic design is typical of Audi where form also follows function. The Q4 e-tron has a cw value of 0.28 while the coupe shape in Sportback gives an even lower air resistance value of 0.26. Both models can be equipped with Matrix LED headlights that illuminate the road to the maximum without dazzling other road users. The driver can also tailor the digital daylight and choose between four different signatures, a novelty that Audi is first with. In addition to the basic version, the exterior variants advanced and S line exterior is also offered.
Thanks to its versatile character, the Audi Q4 e-tron and Q4 Sportback e-tron are perfect for everyday use. The outer dimension of 4.59 meters in length provides impressive interior space.
The luggage compartment also holds more than usual in the compact class and rather matches the middle class with its 520 to 1490 litres in the Q4 e-tron and 535 to 1460 litres in the Sportback. Both models can pull up to 1000 kg.
Another advantage in everyday life is long-range. The Audi Q4 40 e-tron has a range of up to 511 km (WLTP) on one charge. Thanks to a maximum charging capacity of 125 kW, under ideal conditions it takes 10 minutes to charge the battery to run 130 km (WLTP).
The interior of the Audi Q4 e-tron and Q4 Sportback e-tron is designed to create an airy feeling. The instrument panel faces the driver and is divided into two separate units with two screens and the gear selector located in a separate unit. The sporty S line interior is also offered with a seat upholstery consisting of recycled polyester. The infotainment and navigation system are mainly regulated via the center-placed MMI touch screen of 10.1 inches, which will also be available in 11.6 inches towards the end of the year.
As an option, the Audi Q4 e-tron and Audi Q4 Sportback e-tron can be equipped with another innovation - a head-up display with augmented reality (AR-augmented reality). The information from the assistance systems and the navigation symbols are then projected on top of the real environment at a distance of about 10 meters, which makes it easy for the driver to follow the directions.
Both models are offered in several variants for different customer needs. The entry-level variant Q4 35 e-tron has a battery with a net capacity of 52 kWh (55 kWh gross), while the Q4 40 e-tron and Q4 50 e-tron quattro has a larger battery of 77 kWh net (82 kWh gross).
The new Audi Q4 35 e-tron and Q4 40 e-tron are rear-wheel drives with outputs of 170 hp (125 kW) and 204 hp (150 kW) respectively. The top model Audi Q4 50 e-tron quattro is also equipped with two electric motors with a four-wheel-drive that gives a total power of 299 hp (220 kW) - enough to do 0 to 100 km / h in 6.2 seconds with a top speed of 180 km /hrs.
Q4 40 and 50 e-tron have a heat pump as standard, which i.a. uses the excess heat from the high-voltage battery to temper the interior, which also helps to reduce consumption, especially on longer trips. The Audi Q4 35 e-tron can be equipped with an optional heat pump.
The new Audi Q4 e-tron will begin selling in April. The Q4 Sportback e-tron will be launched after the summer.
I love electric cars! I like reading about new technologies and zero-emission engines.https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 5 Things To Watch Out For On The Roads This Summer
- What’s Coming Next In Car Safety? 5 Areas To Keep An Eye On
- Tips When Buying Quality Used Cars on Sale
- The Ultimate Guide to Caring for and Upgrading Your Car
- The Beginner’s Guide to Professional Car Detailing
- 5 Ways To Find The Faults With Your Car
- Why Window Tinting Cars Is Beneficial
- 5 Great Ways To Upgrade Your Driving Experience
- 5 Key Changes In The Transport Industry That YOU Need To Know About
- The Emerging Green Face Of Transport: And 5 Ways To Keep Up!
- Best GPS Tracking Device - Don't Cheap Out on Components
- The 5 Electric Cars With The Longest Range
- What Changes are the MOT industry is Applying in 2021?
- Why Vyncs Car Tracker Is a Great Choice for Parents
- 6 Simple Ways To Pandemic-Proof Your Car
- A Fresh Look at Trends and Statistics in the Automotive Aftermarket
- Does Tuning Increase Fuel Economy?
- What Are the Benefits of Dual Exhausts?
- How do you know if your Car Needs Coolant?
- Is it Worth Buying a New Van During Covid-19?
- Which Cars Have the Most Engine Problems?
- How can I sell my used car easily and quickly? We have good advice on how to sell your car fast and profitably.
- How to Prepare Your Car for Back to School
- CAR TUNEUP: WHY IT’S SO IMPORTANT
- What is the difference between a taxi and a chauffeur service?
- Reasons to buy a second hand car than a new one
- What are the different parts of a car?
- 5 Things That Only Car Wreckers Can Tell You
- Why Dash Cams Are So Popular In Ireland Today