Motorcycle renting guide in Manila Philippines
- Author Furqan Rathore
- Published May 6, 2021
- Word count 722
Renting a motorbike/scooter rules in Manila city- FAQ
Do I need a driving license to rent a motorbike in Manila city of, Philippines?
Yes, you need a valid motorbike driving license to rent a motorbike in Manila city, Philippines. You can not drive a motorbike or scooter in the Philippines with your car driving license. When having a foreign driving license, you can drive up to 90 days after your arrival to the Philippines. Please check with the local police station regarding your driving license or visit the LTO office in Manila city.
What is an express road in Manila and what is the High way in Manila?
On the express road, you can only bring an above 400cc motorbike. You can not drive on your scooter. You must also have an electronic card ( Autosweep RFID) which you should ask the owner before renting the motorbike. Each time you pass the toll road you will be charged. This does not include the motorbike rental. Renter pays for the road tax (toll tax). On the highway, you can drive with your 125cc scooter.
How is traffic in Manila?
It is one of the busiest and heavy traffic in the world. Make sure to use the WAZE map instead of google maps. Also, buy a mobile holder in advance if you do not want to rent from the motorbike owner. Some owners do not have mobile holders. This can be a very big problem. Do not drive a motorbike in Manila if you are a beginner. Outside Manila, traffic is a bit normal. Renting a 400cc motorbike to use the express road will save your life. High-way traffic is out of control people crossroads any time they want. Also, shops and houses are built on the side of the highways.
Driving rules of scooter/motorbike rental in Manila City?
You must carry your valid driving license with you at all times. Be advised that a picture or a photocopy of the driving license is not valid. If the police stop you, they will take the scooter from you and it will cost you 15,000 pesos to get the scooter back. You might put in jail as well. Do not leave your actual driving license with the motorbike owner. Wear a helmet and ‘closed’ shoes while driving the scooter. Your front light, backlight, and signal light should work at all times. You should obtain a copy of the motorbike registration and the rental contract before you leave the owner's location. The registration should be valid and not expired.
Questions you must ask the motorbike owner before leaving his/her location?
If you are renting a scooter in Manila city, You must ask the owner the following questions:
How does the scooter start? How does the handle lock work? How to open the gas tank? What type of fuel to use for the scooter? Some scooters are very complicated to lock and unlock. You must learn everything before you leave the owner's location.
Where should you rent a scooter in Manila city?
There are many rental shops in Manila city. you can find all the rental shops' locations and their terms and requirements on the Book2wheel website. You can also read the customers’ reviews before you rent from the specific owner. This will give you a good idea of whom you are renting a scooter in Manila city,
Should I leave my passport with the owner when renting a scooter in Manila city?
You do not have to leave your passport with the owner. You can leave a deposit instead. Some owners can give you their motorbike for a deposit of 200 USD to 300 USD. You can also find owners on Book2wheel.com who do not require your passport. The owner keeps a deposit to cover possible damages on the scooter that are caused by the renter. A small scooter in the Philippines costs from 1500 USD to 2500 USD.
Why rent a scooter in Manila city, using the Book2Wheel motorbike sharing website?
Book2wheel is a website that connects you directly with motorbikes owners. If you rent through Book2wheel, they help disputes between the owner and the renter. they have staff on the ground who can follow up if something went wrong. Also, it is advised you to rent from owners who have good reviews.
My name is Furqan Rathore. I like to travel and share my traveling experience. I have been to many countries in Asia and I think my traveling experience can be useful to other people.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Implication of Artificial Intelligence on skill relevence and future education
- 5 Simple Ways To Do A 'Half-Year Overhaul' In Your Business
- Artificial Empathy
- Darlox Electronic Limited: Fpc laminated structure
- Age of The Infopreneur: How Information Products are Quickly Becoming the Internet Marketer’s Goldmine
- Love never fails to share, heal, and give hope where hope does not always exist or show up, Dr. Marcia
- The Essential Guide To Managing Stress At Work
- Understanding The Benefits Of Concrete
- Understanding The Primary Types Of Fences
- The Best Roofing Materials That You Need To Know
- Tree Service
- 5 Simple Ways To Help Your Business Thrive
- 7 Important Safety Tips For Summer Driving
- Childhood Poverty in the USA Eliminated Forever!
- Darlox Electronics Limited: One-stop solution reduces the barriers for customers to enter the industrial field
- Procrastinate Later
- DO YOU HAVE A GOOD SLEEP QUALITY?
- The art of learning
- 7 Benefits of Wearing Personalized Name Necklaces
- Is a primary school child too young to learn first aid?
- Tips for Satisfying Couples To Reach Peak Orgasm
- Custom Cake Boxes Available at Cheap Rate
- About Most useful Home Defense Ammo
- New HGRBS Homeowner’s Guide Series #8 - Key Strategies For U.S. Homeowners Preventing Home Fraud
- Representations of Asians in the Entertainment Industry Impacts Asian Hates
- Following Some Tips On How To Get A Flat Belly
- The Story of Barbecue
- What Is the Significance of Christian and Catholic Jewelry Cross Variants?
- Why Dog Owners Should Invest In A Treat Pouch
- Kayaking And Fishing In The Key West