New HGRBS Homeowner’s Guide Series #3 - Is There “Neighborhood Watch” For Malicious Contractors?
- Author Hgrbs Nonprofit
- Published April 25, 2021
- Word count 410
This is the third installment for the new ongoing HGRBS nonprofit series offering resident-friendly information for home defense. This is particularly so for our increased protection against corrupt building tradespersons working in the home remodeling, repair, and improvement industry.
This third installment features the homeowner’s guide:
“ Is Home Fraud Prevention Also A ‘Neighborhood Watch’ Priority?”
Brief history of “Neighborhood Watch” concept excerpt from free data offered which considers the subject:
“Basically, it was founded in 1972 as a self-help means for community members to work closely with police to curb crime in the neighborhood. Back then most of the crime referenced pertained to burglars, robbers, drug dealers, and related malcontents.”
In brief, this lets us know that the “Neighborhood Watch” organization was launched as a close alliance between citizens and police to curb crime in our neighborhoods. In this excerpt, what is most prominent is the fact that both community and law enforcement agreed to work together to discourage crime where we lived. Quite obviously the presence of bad elements was out of hand, and it became necessary to adopt a more aggressive approach. This was it.
Did it work? There are mixed reviews. Does it? In truth, “Neighborhood Watch” as we know it, does not require resident direct intervention in crime or suspected criminal activity.
Our leading role is to “report” actual or suspicious activity to the police. They intern, ideally, do the actual follow-up to validate reports made, then act consistent with their training. But, unfortunately, when it comes to having a “Neighborhood Watch” for bad contractors targeting our communities for scandal, this appears to be lacking. Certainly, we can benefit having something in place “like” a “Neighborhood Watch” to reduce incidences of home improvement fraud where we live.
HGRBS nonprofit offers a great deal of home-fraud preventative strategies we can use in lieu of this apparent absence of specialized community-based organizations for “taking a bite out of crime” - specific to corrupt contractors.
This very special homeowner’s guide can help:
“Is Home Fraud Prevention A ‘Neighborhood Watch’ Priority?” [see Resource Box].
Comments always welcome – online volunteers, too.
Edited with special assistance from J. Anderson
Public Courtesy – HGRBS – Since 2009
*HGRBS, is a national volunteer nonprofit which is an exclusive consumer information service. There is an emphasis on supporting self-empowerment among U.S. private home decision makers. Special focus is on sharing related information enabling residents to make safest and wisest decisions in resident-contractor relations.
*Is Home Fraud Prevention A ‘Neighborhood Watch’ Priority? (Free download):
*National Neighborhood Watch
“Better Decisions, Better Results”Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- What to Ask Your Hawaii Contractor Before Remodeling Your Bathroom
- What are the Major Benefits of Insulation?
- Why Should You Get Insulation for Your Home?
- New HGRBS Homeowner’s Guide Series #4 - Do We Give ‘Social Networks’ More Attention Than Our Homes?
- Why Insulation Is Essential Today
- Key Benefits of Insulation
- Home Decoration - Inexpensive Ways to Liven Up Your Rooms!
- What A Handyman Can Do For You
- Benefits of Customized Pressure Washing
- Understanding The Benefits of Insulation
- Home Design - Brighten Up Your Environment
- Why Handyman Services Are Essential
- Why You Should Insulate Your Conservatory
- What are the benefits of painting your home?
- Interior Design - Liven Up Your Space!
- Top 11 Ideas to Create a Productive Home Office Space
- The Dos and Don'ts of Water Damage
- Benefits of Choosing Vinyl Siding For Your Home
- Brighten up your home with house painting this spring
- HGRBS Homeowner’s Guide Series #2 - Best Wonder of the World
- Benefits of Regular Air Conditioning Service Dallas
- How To Hire Cleaning Service
- New HGRBS Homeowner’s Guide Series #1 - Home Projects Are Business Operations
- Plumbers Denver - Water Heater installation
- Homeowners Personal Duty To Manage “All Activity”
- How to repair water damaged stucco
- Is it better to remove my concrete before putting down brick paving on my driveway?
- How to increase your roofing leads
- Hurricane windows and their benefits