PANDEMIC BOOK BOOM IN AUSTRALIA
- Author Jane Henschke
- Published May 22, 2021
- Word count 401
A pandemic book boom is underway after Australians took advantage of lockdown to write, with a Brisbane-based publisher signing double the number of first-time authors in the last 12 months.
Ocean Reeve Publishing (ORP) is helping writers have their manuscripts published, using a world-first book marketing mentoring program developed in Queensland. It coaches authors through every step of the book marketing journey in an age where author ownership over marketing is a necessity.
The independent publisher was founded by Ocean Reeve four years ago and helps to bridge an industry gap by offering an alternative to the uncertainty of self-publishing and likely rejection from big publishing houses.
“Fundamentally, everyone has a book in them. We’ve heard this for years and the pandemic brought this out of more people than usual,” Ocean Reeve said.
“Many Aussies took to the keyboards for the first-time during lockdown, while around 50-60% of our new authors had manuscripts written pre-COVID. The pandemic prompted them to pull them out, dust them off, and then publish.
“We give authors control while mentoring and supporting them through the entire publishing process so they’re not floundering in the highly competitive book market. Our world-first tailored book marketing mentoring program provides guidance on everything from pre-selling their books, effectively launching it on and offline, and then creating the necessary awareness for their book both here in Australia and internationally.”
Mr Reeve said first-time authors were across a broad demographic.
“Everyone from stay-at-home mums to self-help gurus, business leaders, victims of crime, and fiction writers are now discovering they can fulfill their dream of being a published author,” Mr Reeve said.
In honour of its unique offering, ORP was this month announced the winner of the APAC Enterprise Award for Best Australasian Independent and Self-Publishing Company in 2021.
“To be recognised by an international organisation like APAC is immensely exciting. It helps highlight how successful and prominent the indie author scene is and how companies, like ours, are not only listening to what authors need but meeting those needs,” Mr Reeve said.
“We’ve worked with 560 authors and published more than 350 books over the last four years.
A few of these authors have had their books picked up internationally, won awards and some are on their second and third print runs.”
Ocean Reeve is available for interview to talk about the COVID-inspired book boom in Australia and offer advice to new authors.
www.oceanreeavepublishing.comArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Sultan Road Excerpt
- How Music Changed The World
- Edgy ideas that influence a poet
- Norman Music Festival Announces Its Comeback In 2022! - Know About The Summer Sound Check Series
- COP26 and Amazon's contradiction towards protecting the world
- What is General Knowledge, and what is it for?
- Serving others brings out the finest in us
- 5 Reason to start a Podcast
- The Changing Face of Music
- The Loudest Bands In History: 10 Ear-Splitting Acts Who’ll Batter Your Brain With Sound
- The World’s Loudest Classical Music
- An Exploration of Androgyny and the Revival of Rock & Roll
- Maria Pellicano explores Family Constellations with her heartfelt single, ‘My Gift Of Love’
- Born To Raise Decibels: Inside The Loudest Band Of All Time
- How to Transfer Songs from Spotify to iTunes
- From Baroque To Rock: The Surprising Similarities Between Classical And Modern Music
- Songwriter Gifted Pen Hired For To Write The Hits
- A Portrait Of A Ghostwriter
- Can't Stop The Music Down On Music Row
- 5 Ways To Experience More Music
- The Authors World
- VERIVERY Talks Fashion + Album Development Following Their Major Billboard Sales in the USA
- Spiritual forces governing us enlighten our path to realization of our purpose in life
- You Are My Life by Tony Loignon
- Devon Youth Chamber Brass Launched To Support Young Musicians
- Roaming Bands
- Raptology: the new voice of Hip-Hop
- Time Management Strategies for Online Students
- 12 Benefits Of Reading E-Books