Berry Producer Finds More Value in SIMBA Than Expected.
- Author Rob Freeman
- Published June 8, 2021
- Word count 473
Kirkland, WA – May 20, 2021- In 2007 when Sara Osborne bought Peters Cranberries, her father-in-law’s cranberry farm on the misty Oregon Coast, she did not expect cranberry prices to soon plunge by 80 percent, sending the whole industry into shock. Yet that is exactly what happened, so Sara was very relieved to eventually land a big contract with one of the world’s largest fruit packing companies.
However, that company required barcoded labels on every box. Sara shopped for a labeling system and chose Simba, from Dynamic Systems, Inc., which combines robust barcode software with a full suite of leading printers, scanners, and touchscreen computer tablets.
“At the time, I didn’t care about the bells and whistles,” she says. “I just wanted labels.”
However, within a few years as the industry changed again, Sara found order sizes varying more even as customer numbers grew. What had been a simple business of supplying a couple of big customers with standard shipments had become much more complicated.
Soon, Peters Cranberries added more fruit from other growers, turning its processing center into a transshipment warehouse. The company also had to handle demand for specialty berry varieties, such as those suited for sauces. As challenges grew, Simba proved its real value.
“I became addicted,” says Sarah. “I realized that this labeling system of ours could also help me stay ahead of rapidly moving inventory, because once something is barcoded there’s no more data entry, and the system makes it easy to track, organize, and re-box as needed, keeping great records on several orders at once.” “I bought SIMBA for labeling, but I grew to love it for inventory management.”
“One grower we partner with was amazed at my paperwork because she was still managing orders as we once did, with a bunch of spreadsheets and notes for each. She’s now planning to buy this herself!”
SIMBA also proved itself in industry quality-control audits, such as those from the Cranberry Marketing Committee and the USDA Good Agricultural Practices program. When auditors ask where a box of berries was grown, stored or shipped, Sara no longer searches through drawers, binders and hard drives for records; running a report takes just a couple of clicks.
Sara also finds it helpful to have a system user-friendly enough for her extremely seasonal business.
“Because we use our system primarily during fall harvest, I have to be able to come back to this software after nine months away without too much relearning. That means having both intuitive software and great tech support. Fortunately, Simba has both.”
Now, after fourteen years, Peters Cranberries is going strong, meeting the challenges of a growing network of customers and growers, and more variety in products and orders.
Sara has no doubt that more changes are ahead, but, she says, “When changes come, we’ll be ready.”
For more information contact Rob Freeman, firstname.lastname@example.org, VP Business Strategies: 800-342-3999Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How Website Design Can Become the Face of Your Brand
- Next-generation UI Tools- Know The Future of User Interface Design
- Know About The Top Development Trends for 2022
- Web 3.0: lessons from the past and the possibilities that lie ahead
- Tips To Up Your Web Design And Drive User-Engagement
- Is CSS a necessity for responsive web design?
- Five Laravel Development Trends That Will Encourage to Hire Laravel Development Company
- How to design a Website to appeal to the 2022's Modern Retail Audience
- KNOW ABOUT THE TRENDS AND INSIGHTS OF WORDPRESS DESIGN IN 2022
- Everything You Need to Know About SPA Framework Vue.js
- Manage Window Image Backups with TeraByte Drive Image Backup and Restore
- UAO Drone Pilots- Providing All Your Aerial Imaging Needs
- Introduction to Cloud Computing
- How to Learn and Have Fun With Coding Camps
- Easily Review Data Lost or Protected on iOS Devices and Backup Files
- Supply Chain Cyberattacks On The Rise
- Top Ten VoIP Questions Answered
- The problem of cryptocurrency and energy consumption, how Elrond's Network comes to the rescue
- The Difference Between Biomethane and Biogas
- How De-Packaging Equipment Can Benefit Your Food Waste Business
- Email Spoofing - What Is It & How to Protect Yourself
- Reasons Of Why Bangladeshi Businesses Need To Redesign Their Websites
- Examining complete education and technologies: The impact of newly emerging technologies on complete education
- Agile fantasies and harsh business realities
- 5G Technology: Benefits and Challenges
- What are Advantage of Hotel Software
- The development of warfare cyberspace in the United States of America. By Giancarlo Elia Valori.
- Computer Operating System Used in Laptops and Desktops
- Data recovery from different electronic devices
- Is your RDP Secured?