Ottomans – the hidden gems of comfort and style for your home
- Author Desislava Georgieva
- Published June 17, 2021
- Word count 481
Have you noticed that sometimes by changing small things in the room you can make a huge difference in your living space? Well, it is time for us to present you one of the often underappreciated living room heroes - the Ottoman.
Back from work, looking to relax, propping your feet up? The ottoman is here for you.
Looking for a stylish, space-saving storage? Not a problem, ottoman will do the job.
Ottomans come in variety of shapes, colors, designs, materials, even purposes. Composed of tufted fabric, leather, or suede, round, rectangular or square, they can be the anchor point in the center of the living room. Use them to unleash your imagination and make a statement about your style. Ottomans will save space in your lounge by providing many functions. Most of them serve many purposes in more ways than one, and having one is a must.
Once you have them around, you won't find a better place to rest your feet, breakfast, computer or backside. Normally ottomans are considered seats, not tables. But why not both? They are the perfect cross between cushions and low benches. In many countries, ottomans are often known as stools, but you will find here ottoman coffee tables, storage ottomans, outdoor ottomans.
And what about the poufs?
Many people consider ottomans and poufs to be the same thing and use both words interchangeably. Even though they effectively do the same job, serving as a low stool or footrest, there are some differences which deserve to be mentioned.
An ottoman has legs or a frame. In many cases it has a storage compartment which is hidden inside the seat, but still very useful and effective. If you have a small house, apartment or just a room ottoman will give you that extra space which you always need.
Compared to poufs, ottomans will give you greater flexibility when you decide how to use them. You can use them for formal living spaces or decorate the room in traditional style. But that’s not all – you will easily find ottomans suitable for your mid-century modern, your vintage or urban design.
Poufs are similar but yet different from the ottomans. You can think of them as oversized pillows. They are softer than ottomans and have no storage compartment. They have no legs to support them and instead sit directly on the floor which make them suitable for more casual areas or places for entrainment. They offer great comfort for every day, you will love it and your guest will adore them.
And that’s far from everything about these multipurpose pieces of comfort. If you have just discovered them, these hidden gems are a whole new world. Entering it you will find many new opportunities to decorate your home and give it a new look with little efforts and on a very good price.
Desislava is a home décor enthusiast. She writes about opportunities - this is an opportunity to make one feels more "like home".
There are no posted comments.
- 7 Reasons Why Your Drains Might Be Blocked
- What You Need to Know Before Buying a Toilet Fill Valve
- Effortless Ways To Properly Maintain Your Roof
- The Primary Uses Of Concrete
- Cleaning Up After A Renovation: What Your Best Options Are
- Couch Disposal Guide: What To Do With Unwanted Furniture
- Kitchen Remodeling Trends in Fort Collins
- 4 mistakes homeowners make when building a pergola in San Diego
- Understanding The Benefits Of Concrete
- The Best Roofing Materials That You Need To Know
- New HGRBS Homeowner’s Guide Series #8 - Key Strategies For U.S. Homeowners Preventing Home Fraud
- How to make your finished basement feel like a new home
- "Why choosing the right kitchen remodeling company can make or break your remodel
- Alexa Smart Home Devices
- Best Decorative Concrete For A Patio
- Creating An Artistic Design For Your New Concrete Deck
- Importance Of Hiring Professionals For A Concrete Foundation
- Why Cracks Develop in Concrete
- Are LED Bulbs The Most Cost-Saving Choice?
- Homeowners Guide to Roof Inspections
- New HGRBS Homeowner’s Guide Series #7 - Better Hiring Decisions Often Yield Better Results
- New HGRBS Homeowner’s Guide Series #6 - Residents Requiring Contractors To Fill Out Job Applications, FIRST
- Ottomans and chairs – a never ending love story
- Concrete Fire Pits: Design Ideas for Your Backyard
- Enhance The Security of Confidential Information With an Officeworks Lockable Filing Cabinet
- New HGRBS Homeowner’s Guide Series #5 - Making Wiser Decisions Hiring HomeImprovement Contractors
- Best Flooring Options For Kitchens
- What to Ask Your Hawaii Contractor Before Remodeling Your Bathroom
- What are the Major Benefits of Insulation?