How Will Freelance Be 1 Year from Now
- Author Anjana Ratnayake
- Published July 16, 2021
- Word count 518
Freelancing has grown to become a significant source of income for many. Future predictions suggest that many people will join the fast-growing job sector. An Upwork study found that 12% of the workforce in the U.S. worked as freelancers in 2020. This was after the effects of the COVID pandemic. Massive layoffs rendered many jobless, forcing them to seek alternatives to make ends meet. This article features current trends in the sector and future expectations.
Below I have highlighted four Reasons for the Growth of Freelancing over traditional Jobs
- Need for Self-Employment
Many people will ditch traditional jobs in the future. People who ventured into working from home jobs amid the pandemic experienced a different feeling. Businesses and corporates are at an advantage too. It's now easier to offer staff flexible working hours.
Total acceptance is expected in most sectors in the future. This means more opportunities will arise.
- Entrance of New Technology in the Market
The emergence of modern tech solutions has been crucial for this sector. It provides a solution to many problems that were hard to solve in the past. Amid the current pandemic crisis, technology has eased communication. It's now possible to hold online meetings via platforms such as Zoom, Slack, and Airtable. Employers can now access the services of professionals through various freelance marketplaces
- Cost Reduction
People don't have to show up for work daily. They can now cut on transport costs, expensive outfits, and food. Employers will get to save on office space and hire people for only specified projects. To get started, all you need to have is a computer and a stable internet connection. The jobless can now secure a source of income. Marketing is also affordable. Businesses can use social platforms at cheaper costs for advertising.
- Emergence of Generation Z
The new entrants in the work landscape are Gen Z members. The group comprises its first members at the age of 18-22. The fading hopes of securing government and corporate jobs will force many to think of other alternatives. The cohort is different from the rest of the groups since they were born in the internet era. This generation is more equipped with skills and education than the preceding. More than 36% of the Gen Z Workforce in the U.S. ventured into freelance in 2020 (Upwork).
Important Freelance Statistics to Consider
Few statistics worth pointing out from the recently released Upwork's Future Workforce Report.
• Two-thirds of the self-employed earn more than full-time employed workers. That is, 65% of persons who ditch formal employment end up making more in self-employment.
• Youths comprise the most significant percentage in this industry. The Gen Z cohort (18-22 years) accounts for 50%.
• 62% of employers will opt to outsource in the future. They stated that outsourcing workers satisfied their expectations.
Freelancing is the future of work. A year from now, an exponential increase in the number of independent workers is expected. This field offers a flexible alternative to traditional employment. The development of technology is the main factor for the rapid growth in this sector. Globalization and the growth of online payment platforms will catapult the industry.
Anjana Ratnayake is an experienced writer and a researcher on Technology related topics and latest lifestyle patterns.http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How To Generate Passive Income In Amazon
- CMI programme at Edge Hill helps build stronger team at Pakawaste
- The benefits of first aid training in the workplace
- How to Setup PPC Campaign
- How To Sell Your Ebook On Facebook and Twitter - Getting Paid For Selling Ebooks Using Social Media
- Born To Raise Decibels: Inside The Loudest Band Of All Time
- Everything You Need To Know About Solar Panel Maintenance
- Post-COVID Marketing Strategies for Plastic Surgeons
- Everything You Need to Know About Epoxy Resin
- Top 5 Money Makers in Your Practice
- A step-by-step effective guide-How to rank your B2B content on the first page of Google?
- Build Your Brand and List During COVID-19
- COVID-19 Restart Plan for Plastic Surgeons
- How to Build Back Better Without INFLATION!
- Must Have Guide To Buy Loose Diamonds
- 7 Reasons Why Your Drains Might Be Blocked
- Defending America’s Democracy? Here’s How to Fund it!
- Automated Marketing Plan for Plastic Surgeons Post COVID-19
- El Salvador Adopts BitCoin
- Remember the 2019, UCH class of 1986 Reunion in Hyattsville, Maryland 20783, USA?
- Green Investments That Can Save Your Business Money
- The Next Big Thing in Freelance
- Addicted to Freelancing? 6 Reasons We Just Can't Stop it
- Plastic Surgery Loyalty Program
- The Four Great Chinese Festivals - A Traveler’s Guide
- Weight loss Advice
- The Averaging strategy in the share market
- Why People Smoke Cigarettes - Five Reasons That Might Surprise You
- 11 Big 2021 Fashion Trends That Are Already in Your Closet
- Marketing Mix Strategies for Plastic Surgeons