How Will Freelance Be 1 Year from Now
- Author Anjana Ratnayake
- Published July 16, 2021
- Word count 518
Freelancing has grown to become a significant source of income for many. Future predictions suggest that many people will join the fast-growing job sector. An Upwork study found that 12% of the workforce in the U.S. worked as freelancers in 2020. This was after the effects of the COVID pandemic. Massive layoffs rendered many jobless, forcing them to seek alternatives to make ends meet. This article features current trends in the sector and future expectations.
Below I have highlighted four Reasons for the Growth of Freelancing over traditional Jobs
- Need for Self-Employment
Many people will ditch traditional jobs in the future. People who ventured into working from home jobs amid the pandemic experienced a different feeling. Businesses and corporates are at an advantage too. It's now easier to offer staff flexible working hours.
Total acceptance is expected in most sectors in the future. This means more opportunities will arise.
- Entrance of New Technology in the Market
The emergence of modern tech solutions has been crucial for this sector. It provides a solution to many problems that were hard to solve in the past. Amid the current pandemic crisis, technology has eased communication. It's now possible to hold online meetings via platforms such as Zoom, Slack, and Airtable. Employers can now access the services of professionals through various freelance marketplaces
- Cost Reduction
People don't have to show up for work daily. They can now cut on transport costs, expensive outfits, and food. Employers will get to save on office space and hire people for only specified projects. To get started, all you need to have is a computer and a stable internet connection. The jobless can now secure a source of income. Marketing is also affordable. Businesses can use social platforms at cheaper costs for advertising.
- Emergence of Generation Z
The new entrants in the work landscape are Gen Z members. The group comprises its first members at the age of 18-22. The fading hopes of securing government and corporate jobs will force many to think of other alternatives. The cohort is different from the rest of the groups since they were born in the internet era. This generation is more equipped with skills and education than the preceding. More than 36% of the Gen Z Workforce in the U.S. ventured into freelance in 2020 (Upwork).
Important Freelance Statistics to Consider
Few statistics worth pointing out from the recently released Upwork's Future Workforce Report.
• Two-thirds of the self-employed earn more than full-time employed workers. That is, 65% of persons who ditch formal employment end up making more in self-employment.
• Youths comprise the most significant percentage in this industry. The Gen Z cohort (18-22 years) accounts for 50%.
• 62% of employers will opt to outsource in the future. They stated that outsourcing workers satisfied their expectations.
Freelancing is the future of work. A year from now, an exponential increase in the number of independent workers is expected. This field offers a flexible alternative to traditional employment. The development of technology is the main factor for the rapid growth in this sector. Globalization and the growth of online payment platforms will catapult the industry.
There are no posted comments.
- Navigating Global Trade: A Beginner's Guide to Finding Reliable Importer Data
- Expert Garage Door and Gate Repair and Installation in Redmond: Keeping Your Access Secure
- From Paper to Digital: Transforming QA with Dynamics 365 Business Central
- The Impact of Maternal Narcissism: Healing Wounds from Childhood
- 3 Ways Your Smile Can Help Your Career
- Mandarin Oriental Hotels Announces Opening of Mandarin Oriental Bolidhuffaru in the Maldives 2025
- What are the Key Responsibilities of a Sports Nutritionist?
- Experts On Call: Your Ultimate Solution for Reliable Service Professionals in Australia
- J. David Tax Law: Your Top Tax Levy Lawyer in North Carolina
- Who Can Garnish Tax Refunds: Your Questions Answered
- Top 5 Anti-Aging Skincare Ingredients That Work
- Read About The Faqs Of Careprost!
- Unlock the Secrets to Handling a North Carolina Notice of Deficiency
- Exquisite Nuptials Abroad: A Romantic Odyssey Through the Charm of France, Italy, and Spain
- Using Leaky Feeders for Communication
- From Adoration to Control: Unmasking the Tactics of Love Bombing
- Reclaiming Your Voice: Finding Empowerment After Divorcing a Narcissistic Spouse
- Discover Unmatched Quality and Service with Great Value Garage: Tacoma largest Garage Door Company chooses you.
- Navigating the Dynamic Landscape of Hot Trends in SMM Panels
- Careprost Vs Latisse: Which Lash Enhancer Reigns Supreme?
- Rustic woodgrain farmhouse cottage with vintage carved barn doors
- The Top 5 Anti-Aging Ingredients That Actually Work For Your Skin
- The woman who looked down on her husband: African Folklore, a Story my Father Told me
- Bridal Glow-Up: Tanning Tips and Services for Hills District Brides
- The Ultimate Guide to Eyelash Extension Care: Tips for Long-Lasting Lashes
- Navigating Challenging Business Conditions: The Power of Strategic Marketing
- Shifting from Fossil Fuels to Renewable Energy – Using Sustainable Technologies
- Exploring Paris: A Journey Through Time and Culture
- The Ultimate Guide to Color Grading: Techniques and Tools for Beginners
- The Connection Between Sleep Apnea and Cardiovascular Disease