How Will Freelance Be 1 Year from Now
- Author Anjana Ratnayake
- Published July 16, 2021
- Word count 518
Freelancing has grown to become a significant source of income for many. Future predictions suggest that many people will join the fast-growing job sector. An Upwork study found that 12% of the workforce in the U.S. worked as freelancers in 2020. This was after the effects of the COVID pandemic. Massive layoffs rendered many jobless, forcing them to seek alternatives to make ends meet. This article features current trends in the sector and future expectations.
Below I have highlighted four Reasons for the Growth of Freelancing over traditional Jobs
- Need for Self-Employment
Many people will ditch traditional jobs in the future. People who ventured into working from home jobs amid the pandemic experienced a different feeling. Businesses and corporates are at an advantage too. It's now easier to offer staff flexible working hours.
Total acceptance is expected in most sectors in the future. This means more opportunities will arise.
- Entrance of New Technology in the Market
The emergence of modern tech solutions has been crucial for this sector. It provides a solution to many problems that were hard to solve in the past. Amid the current pandemic crisis, technology has eased communication. It's now possible to hold online meetings via platforms such as Zoom, Slack, and Airtable. Employers can now access the services of professionals through various freelance marketplaces
- Cost Reduction
People don't have to show up for work daily. They can now cut on transport costs, expensive outfits, and food. Employers will get to save on office space and hire people for only specified projects. To get started, all you need to have is a computer and a stable internet connection. The jobless can now secure a source of income. Marketing is also affordable. Businesses can use social platforms at cheaper costs for advertising.
- Emergence of Generation Z
The new entrants in the work landscape are Gen Z members. The group comprises its first members at the age of 18-22. The fading hopes of securing government and corporate jobs will force many to think of other alternatives. The cohort is different from the rest of the groups since they were born in the internet era. This generation is more equipped with skills and education than the preceding. More than 36% of the Gen Z Workforce in the U.S. ventured into freelance in 2020 (Upwork).
Important Freelance Statistics to Consider
Few statistics worth pointing out from the recently released Upwork's Future Workforce Report.
• Two-thirds of the self-employed earn more than full-time employed workers. That is, 65% of persons who ditch formal employment end up making more in self-employment.
• Youths comprise the most significant percentage in this industry. The Gen Z cohort (18-22 years) accounts for 50%.
• 62% of employers will opt to outsource in the future. They stated that outsourcing workers satisfied their expectations.
Freelancing is the future of work. A year from now, an exponential increase in the number of independent workers is expected. This field offers a flexible alternative to traditional employment. The development of technology is the main factor for the rapid growth in this sector. Globalization and the growth of online payment platforms will catapult the industry.
Anjana Ratnayake is an experienced writer and a researcher on Technology related topics and latest lifestyle patterns.https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How To Match Jewelry With Your Make-Up
- The Loudest Bands In History: 10 Ear-Splitting Acts Who’ll Batter Your Brain With Sound
- Adapt and Adjust. Talent Retention Strategies in the Times of the Great Resignation
- Top Engagement Ring Trends To Know for 2021
- Customising Your Company Vehicle: Why You Should Choose Wrapping Over Repainting
- 5 Simple Tips For Smooth Driving In Winter
- How to prepare for relocation after home purchase
- Thinking About Adding a Laser to Your Practice? Renting Versus Owning
- How to Design a Killer Plastic Surgery Ad that Gets a Response
- How Do You Follow Up After the Patient Consultation?
- 10 Plastic Surgery Marketing Tips
- Build a Successful Cosmetic Practice One Patient at a Time
- It Takes a Marketing Mix to Grow a Plastic Surgery Practice
- Marketing Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Are You a Rich Surgeon or Poor Surgeon?
- Plastic Surgery Receptionist Phone Skills
- Does your receptionist need phone skills?
- The Inevitability of Change
- Free Training From The Tax Lien Lady – How to Buy Profitable Tax Liens Online This Year.
- Decoding the Popularity Behind Nugget Jewelry
- How Cleaning Your Home Can Reduce Anxiety
- Economic Emancipation VS Wage Slavery in the USA
- Teddy Bear Ball And Gala 2021, a noble fundraising event helping countless lonely, children across USA
- 5 Essential Jewelry Items Every Man Need
- Epoxy Flooring Sydney Australia
- Convert More Plastic Surgery Consultations
- Dealing with the Unhappy Cosmetic Patient
- How to Start an Online Business in 2021
- Why You Should Look Into Epoxy Coatings for Concrete
- The Greatest Indian Takeaway