WHY IS EDUCATION IMPORTANT?
- Author Ezeojih Clara
- Published August 28, 2021
- Word count 1,096
Education is the transmission of knowledge from one individual to another. It is learning in order to achieve a deeper knowledge and understanding of a variety of subjects in a school setting that is applied in our everyday life. It is not limited to just knowledge from books, but can also be achieved through practical experiences and our everyday activities outside the school or classroom setting.
Education is derived from the Latin word "educare" which means "to train or mold" or "educere" which means "to lead out". There are many different definitions and understanding of what education really is, but one thing can generally be agreed upon, which is the importance of Education. Education first of all, gives you the knowledge and understanding you need to know more about the happenings in the world. The following is to why Education is important.
- PROVIDES STABILITY
By being well educated and holding a college or university degree, you can increase your chances for a better life ahead, better career opportunities either as a salary earner or a business owner. It can also open new doors for you.
- PROVIDES FINANCIAL SECURITY
A good and quality education tends to lead to a higher paying job as well as provide you with the skills to become an entrepreneur.
- SELF DEPENDENCY
Being educated makes us to make decision on our own, it makes us financially independent. if we are educated, the it's something that belongs to us and only us, allowing us to rely on no one else other than ourselves.
- SELF CONFIDENCE
Becoming self confident is a major part of being successful in life and through education you can gain more confidence to prove your knowledge and also to express your opinions and be outspoken in public.
- DEVELOPING PROBLEM SOLVING SKILL
Education teaches us how to obtain and develop critical and logical thinking and also making independent decisions. Not only by making strong decision but by finding solid and reliable argument and evidence to backup and confirm their decisions.
- PROVIDES A PROSPEROUS AND A HAPPY LIFE FOR THE FUTURE
Education has a 100% secured respect from the society. In order to have a comfortable lifestyle, people should get educated and get a well paid job to be successful or rather become entrepreneurs or business owners. It helps us gain a better reputation in the society or community and it increases our chances of always aiming higher getting to the top easier and faster.
- CREATES A MODERN SOCIETY
Education is the key essence for a modern society, whereby one needs to learn about culture, history and other important aspects of life. It molds people into leaders not only with knowledge but also shows them how to lead with values and emotions. Being educated can make you tell the difference between right and wrong. It helps to reduce crime rates because it's only competent and well educated leaders that can help guide us down the good and right path.
- BRIDGING THE BORDERS
By digitalizing education, it helps us connect with people and organization around the world, There would be no barrier where we would be able to communicate and share opinions with people from other countries and cultures, widened horizons and it will help us understand and appreciate each other.
- MAKING DREAMS COME TRUE
As the saying goes "if you can dream it, you can achieve it". As education is the most powerful tool or weapon you can possibly have, with it you can make all your dreams come true. Of course, there are certain expectation, depending on what you are aiming for. But to be honest, with education you are willing to go as far as you want.
- PROVIDES A SAFER WORLD
Education is not something based on a personal level but instead on a global level, it's something that keeps our world safe, makes it more peaceful. it can help us stay out of risky situations.
- PROVIDES ECONOMIC GROWTH ON A NATIONAL LEVEL
A society that is educated can help boost the economic growth or stability in a nation. We need to continue to learn and make researches in order to constantly stay innovative, stay creative etc. A country with a higher literacy rate can also tend to be better in economic situations. With more educated population, more employment opportunities are opened. It provides a productive society.
Education allows us to analyze what's in front of us, and even learn from our mistakes. It helps us to have the logic to set our mind to something and have a zeal to achieve it. An educated nation knows the importance of voting, doing so with the knowledge of what is right and not voting blindly, but also understanding what each particular party stands for.
- PERSONAL GROWTH
The importance of education extends to our personal growth by constantly educating ourselves asking questions and wanting to know more. We can move forward and achieve things we never imagined before, it can help us to get to know ourselves better, we can learn things about ourselves through books, or consulting with a professional.
- TEACHES VALUES
Values are taught through education. It exists far more from being taught in a classroom or sitting for an exam. As the saying goes "charity begins at home" so as education, it's been taught at home first through what our parents showed us. It sharpens our thinking, it helps us to think sharply and clearly.
- BECOMING THE FULLY POTENTIAL VERSION OF YOU
Education allows us to become our highest, to become the best, fullest version of ourselves, learning about what we are interested in, what we are good at, making us to become self aware and conscious about our society and the world at large. It can help us establish our place in this world and make us feel complete. It helps to keep our mind and body together.
Knowing the importance of Education makes us know that education goes so much beyond just getting a job and making our parents happy rather it one of the most powerful tool which helps us open our eyes to know and understand the world properly. There are so many opportunities for us, being educated in one way or another.
Here are some wise sayings about Education;
"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world".
"Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today".
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest".
"Education is not preparation for life; Education is life itself".
My name is Ezeojih Clara, I am a writer, I write articles based on Life, Love, Relationships and Education. I love good home cooked meals, I love cooking as well.
My Email; firstname.lastname@example.org.Article source: https://articlebiz.com
- Why Was the U.S. Air Force Created
- IELTS Preparation in Dubai
- What exactly is BLS, and why is BLS Certification necessary?
- Methods of forming the perception of fiction by older preschoolers
- How to Conduct a Basic Crime Scene Investigation
- How to Conquer Anger
- 7 Most Common Strategies Involved by Expert Writers in Research Paper.
- The Truth Behind Extreme Evangelical Christianity in Schools
- Cumberland Academy: Learning Program amidst COVID-19 Pandemic
- What Educational Technology can do for Teachers in the Nigeria
- The Prevalence of Mental Health Issues in Students,Teachers, and Educational Business Leaders
- Observing an Art Educator
- Why Pro - Choice ?
- Best Way to Ace the CIMA Financial Strategy F3 Exam
- Indexing Bodies For Academic Journals - Top 10 Indexing Bodies
- Surviving prison in the US
- Surviving in a county jail in USA
- 5 Important Things To Know About How To Survive In A Juvenile Detention Center
- Rules to Follow When Visiting a Prison Inmate in Pelican Bay
- How to Survive in Women’s Prison?
- How Did “The Digital” Become “The Future of Learning”
- "Nigerian Unity Schools: Grace to Grass."
- Miles Of Smiles Nursery and pre-school Dubai al Barsha
- 6 Fabulous Tips to Find the Best Dissertation Topics
- Here Are Some Ways For Your College Assignment Help In Australia
- Discipline (Sanskar), It is a Eight Fold Path. This will maintain peace and humanity among human. This is only true sanskar.
- Educational Inequality in India
- Creative Activities to Keep Your Children Busy and Learning Even at Home
- Changing the Focus of Conversation within Special Education
- Brain-based learning model.