5 Great Ways To Modernise Your Driving
- Author Alexander Belsey
- Published August 16, 2021
- Word count 751
We live in exciting times. But with rapid changes in technology, ways of working, safety, and transport, it can be easy to feel like we are falling behind or failing to keep up with the advancements.
With driving, this can be especially true. We may feel like we have been driving the same old car forever, or struggle to understand some of the newest rules, regulations, and advances in technology.
With our helpful guide below, you can explore five simple but effective ways to modernise your driving.
TIP 1: Be Safety Conscious
Modern driving is highly safety conscious. People are more aware than ever of how their choices on the road impact other drivers, so a great way to modernise your driving is by emphasising safety in a variety of ways.
Ensure that your car is safe and roadworthy with regular visits to the garage. Brush up on your skills and knowledge through reading or even attending courses, and consider investing in the relevant safety technology. This might include warning lights and alarms, or high visibility features such as fog lights.
The future of driving is in ensuring that drivers, passengers, and other road users are as safe as possible.
TIP 2: Go ‘Green’
The environment is a hot topic and a more pressing issue than ever, particularly following the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) report of August 2021which stated that ‘human activity is changing the climate in unprecedented and sometimes irreversible ways.’
Transport is a significant contributor to pollution and environmental harm — especially options that use fossil fuels or produce harmful emissions.
More drivers than ever are keen to do their part and reduce any negative impact they may have on the environment. Whether you can make a big change or only a small contribution, every little helps!
Perhaps you might consider switching to an electric car, for example. Even drivers with long commutes are now opting for the electric cars that offer a longer range. Alternatively, you might use your car only when necessary and choose other options when possible.
Whatever choice you make, do it with the environment in mind and you will be making a positive impact on the world.
TIP 3: Be Energy Efficient
Even if it is not possible for you to have an electric or hybrid vehicle, you can still modernise your driving by being energy efficient. Even petrol and diesel users can drive in a way that wastes the least amount of fuel possible.
Choose the appropriate gear, for example, reduce wind resistance, and anticipate the road ahead so that you don’t make sudden movements that require a lot of fuel. Also, keep your car in good working order as this can contribute to better energy efficiency overall.
You will save money, increase the longevity of your car, and drive in a thoroughly modern way too!
TIP 4: Be Prepared
If recent years have taught us anything, it is to expect the unexpected! Therefore, being a modern driver means being as prepared as possible for potential disruptions.
One way to do this is to carry a kit for all eventualities. This might mean a breakdown or repairs kit — complete with tools and equipment, a spare tyre, and a mobile phone charger, for example.
It could also be as simple as a kit for hot weather (with water and hand fans) or even hygiene (with masks, hand sanitiser and wipes). Using your car safely during the outbreak of COVID-19, for example, required drivers to utilize more sanitary practices than before.
So be as prepared as you can, pack effective kits, and do your research by checking routes in advance.
TIP 5: Use Technology
Technology plays a large role in modern driving, but it doesn’t have to be expensive or overwhelming. While some drivers choose to invest in all the latest kit, you can select technology that best suits your needs and budget.
If you use SatNav regularly, for example, make sure that you have the best model you can afford and that it is always in good working order. If you have a particular safety concern, try to ensure that you have the right kit and technology that will help you cope with the particular circumstance — like for example, by taking safety lights with you during night drives in case your car develops a fault and comes to a halt in the middle of the road.
Overall then, as the above tips illustrate, modern driving is mainly about prioritizing your comfort, safety, and efficiency while driving.
There are no posted comments.
- Things Every Future Owner Must Know Before Purchasing A Subaru WRX
- Finding a Car Rental Milwaukee Under 25
- Top 5 Ways to Make Money When Selling Your Car and Get Cash for Cars
- Top 5 Digital Mobile App Strategies for Car Dealerships
- What's Coming in 2022: The New Electric Cars Poised to Hit the streets
- The Beginner’s Guide To Electric Vehicles
- How to Ship a Car from USA to UAE (United Arab Emirates)
- Premier Carriage Proud Of 25 Years Of Service Excellence
- Customising Your Company Vehicle: Why You Should Choose Wrapping Over Repainting
- 5 Simple Tips For Smooth Driving In Winter
- Limohire and sports car hire
- 6 Simple Ways To Prepare Your Car For The ‘Back To School Season’
- Can You Sue After An Uber Accident?
- 5 Things To Watch Out For On The Roads This Summer
- What’s Coming Next In Car Safety? 5 Areas To Keep An Eye On
- Tips When Buying Quality Used Cars on Sale
- The Ultimate Guide to Caring for and Upgrading Your Car
- The Beginner’s Guide to Professional Car Detailing
- 5 Ways To Find The Faults With Your Car
- Why Window Tinting Cars Is Beneficial
- 5 Great Ways To Upgrade Your Driving Experience
- World premiere of the electric Audi Q4 e-tron and Q4 Sportback e-tron
- 5 Key Changes In The Transport Industry That YOU Need To Know About
- The Emerging Green Face Of Transport: And 5 Ways To Keep Up!
- Best GPS Tracking Device - Don't Cheap Out on Components
- The 5 Electric Cars With The Longest Range
- What Changes are the MOT industry is Applying in 2021?
- Why Vyncs Car Tracker Is a Great Choice for Parents
- 6 Simple Ways To Pandemic-Proof Your Car