How Often Should I Get My Car Serviced?
- Author Lucas Cook
- Published August 20, 2021
- Word count 479
Cars must be roadworthy at all times. Regular maintenance is needed to achieve a properly working vehicle. A car service involves qualified mechanics inspecting every part of the car to determine its state. A complete process sees them assessing the car’s engine, tyre tread, transmission system and car battery, among many other things.
The frequency of a car inspection depends on the make and model of the car. The car manual usually has this information. But per our experts, it is advised to bring your vehicle to a trusted and highly trained mechanic for every 10,000-15,000 kilometres it was driven for a minor service and every 30,000-45,000 kilometres for a major vehicle inspection.
Difference Between Minor and Major Car Service
A car inspection comes in two tiers. A minor mechanic inspection is a more or less 90-minute inspection where we check for wear and tear, needed replacements and testing. It involves mechanics checking the state of the washer and wipers of the windscreen. This assessment ensures good visibility, even during extreme weather conditions. The process also explores the suspension system and steering to ensure that it is properly functioning without drifts when driven. A minor inspection also assesses the car’s lights, oil and oil filter and air conditioning system.
For major car services, a mechanic goes more thoroughly with each and more part of the car. This inspection covers the engine diagnosis and computerised tune-ups. It also involves changing the transmission oils to ensure the proper functioning of parts that need lubrication. A major inspection also has mechanics assessing the battery, coolant condition and spark plugs.
Why Should I Get My Car Service?
A safe and worry-free drive is the number one reason to get regular vehicle inspections. A car inspection done by a trusted and professional mechanic gives comfort that every part of the vehicle is working properly. It saves the driver from worrying about encountering an unexpected car breakdown.
A routine check-up does not only give a worry-free drive, but it also offers additional benefits. With a pristine condition at all times, a regular car service prevents the depreciation of the vehicle’s value. It also reduces petrol-related expenses, as the car is getting more mileage with all its parts working in perfect state. Lastly, it saves money in the long run. It means drivers see reduced-to-no-unexpected visits to the local mechanic and fewer expenses related to replacing tyres and other vehicle parts. With a mechanic inspection from a trusted shop, car owners guaranteed a comfortable drive after a car inspection.
If you suspect you're due for a service, more often than not you are. Don't push it out any longer and book in for a car service at a local mechanic shop near you. Don't also risk DIY, if you're not an experienced mechanic as you can potentially create more costly issues!
Lucas Cook is a Content Marketing Specialist at Peninsula Auto Clinic, a specialist Mona Vale mechanic in Sydney. He enjoys writing about home improvement and automotive topics and is an advocate for environmental sustainabilityArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Biomass boiler - The most important advantages of biomass boiler
- The Ultimate Guide to Choosing the Right Bathroom Mirror for Your Home
- What Makes Epoxy Resin Flooring Stand Out?
- Why Epoxy Floor Coatings Are The #1 Choice For Residential Garages
- Syd Epoxy Flooring Contractors Want To Come Work For You
- The Most Common Reasons for Blocked Drains
- What are the main advantagous of epoxy flooring?
- Get the Best Epoxy Flooring Sydney
- How to secure your home with smart home technology
- Power Tool Accessories
- 5 Electrical Tips When Moving Homes
- How To Build a Quality Australian Deck
- How to make your Bathroom Renovation More Functional
- What Is The Average Cost To Epoxy Garage Floors?
- Pest Control Checklist for Every House
- 7 Reasons Why Your Drains Might Be Blocked
- What You Need to Know Before Buying a Toilet Fill Valve
- Effortless Ways To Properly Maintain Your Roof
- The Primary Uses Of Concrete
- Cleaning Up After A Renovation: What Your Best Options Are
- Couch Disposal Guide: What To Do With Unwanted Furniture
- Kitchen Remodeling Trends in Fort Collins
- 4 mistakes homeowners make when building a pergola in San Diego
- Understanding The Benefits Of Concrete
- The Best Roofing Materials That You Need To Know
- New HGRBS Homeowner’s Guide Series #8 - Key Strategies For U.S. Homeowners Preventing Home Fraud
- How to make your finished basement feel like a new home
- "Why choosing the right kitchen remodeling company can make or break your remodel
- Ottomans – the hidden gems of comfort and style for your home