HOW TO OBTAIN MICROSOFT'S WINDOWS 11 UPGRADE FOR FREE(IF YOU'RE ELIGIBLE)
- Author Tega Udugba
- Published September 16, 2021
- Word count 759
Can't wait for the public release of Windows 11 later this year? Microsoft's new operating system is currently available for download in an early version. Here's how it works:
Windows 11 will be released soon. Although we don't have a specific release date for Microsoft's new operating system, we do know that if you already have Windows 10, the upgrade will be free. When it arrives, likely during the holiday season of 2021, you'll be able to upgrade to the new software in the same manner you do with Windows 10, as long as your device is compatible and fulfills the minimal specifications.
If you're a Windows Insider Program member who can't wait for the final release, you can download the first Windows 11 Insider Preview build today and try out some of the new features, including widgets, snap layouts, virtual desktops, and the new Microsoft Store. We'll explain how below. Here's all you need to know about Microsoft's new software before you download it.
To begin, visit Microsoft's website for criteria to determine whether your existing Windows 10 PC is qualified for the free upgrade to Windows 11. In addition, if you purchase a new PC between now and the public release, that computer will be eligible for the free update as well.
Don't worry if you haven't upgraded to Windows 10 yet; there's still a way to get Windows 10 for free. Now is an excellent time to make the change in order to prepare your system for the Windows 11 update.
If you're a member of the Windows Insider Program (which you can join for free right now), you can now download the first Insider Preview release of Windows 11. However, it's worth noting that beta versions, especially early ones like this, are notoriously unstable. Never install a beta on your primary device; instead, use a tester device if you have one. Most people should wait for the public beta in July, or even better, the general release later in the year. This first build also does not include all of the new features that will be included in the final release.
Still want to give it a shot? Here's how to do it.
Ensure that your device is running a licensed version of Windows 10 and that you are an administrator. If you haven't already, sign up for the Windows Insider Program. Alternatively, sign in to your Windows Insider account. Start the flight by clicking the Start button.
Navigate to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Insider Program. Get Started by clicking the button.
Select + to link the Microsoft account you registered with and proceed under Pick an account to get started.
Follow the instructions to select the experience and channel through which you want to receive Insider Preview builds: the Dev channel (for developers), the beta channel (for early adopters), or the release preview channel (for those who want to get the most recent version before it's generally released). It should be noted that this build will be released to the Dev channel.
Read the Privacy Statement and Terms of Service, then click Confirm. Click the Restart Now button.
After restarting, double-check your data settings to ensure you can download preview builds. To do so, navigate to Settings > Privacy > Diagnostics & feedback and toggle the Optional Diagnostic Data option to On.
Select Update & Security > Windows Update from the Settings menu. Check for updates by clicking the Check for updates button. Based on the parameters you chose, you should see the most recent Insider Preview build.
After that, your device should update in the same manner as any other Windows update, and you'll be ready to go.
When Windows 11 becomes publicly available, here's how to get it.
When Windows 11 becomes available this fall to all Windows users with suitable PCs, you'll download it in the same manner you would any new version of Windows. The majority of users will navigate to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and select Check for Updates. You'll notice Feature update to Windows 11 if it's available. Click the Download and Install button.
Windows 11 has a more streamlined style with pastel hues, softened corners, a new startup sound, and a more Mac-like overall appearance. The Windows Start menu has been relocated from the bottom left corner to the center of the screen, with program icons placed in the center next to it. There are several new desktop features, including as widgets that provide at-a-glance information and simpler virtual desktop construction. Android apps will also be incorporated into Windows and available for download via the Microsoft Store. (See all of Windows 11's finest features and how to utilize them.)
My name is Tega Udugba and I am a Graphics designer and a Copywriter. I am a skilled designer and writer who enjoys contributing to the world through what I do. In 2019, I received a Best student certificate in Professional Graphic designing from Florintech Computer College. I began article & blog post writing in 2018.
Check out my blog https://tegtechh.blogspot.com for more tech stuff.Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Top Benefits of PHP in Web Solution
- 5 Best Practices and 1 Tool for Mitigating Open-Source Vulnerabilities
- Can we book a hotel room for a few hours?
- How to get house number, street, postcode from a free-form address string
- Top 5 WooCommerce payment gateways
- WooCommerce in WordPress
- Enhance Your Cross-Data SQL Capabilities with Database Workbench Pro
- Innovative Strategies for the Post-Pandemic Era
- Create Customized Desktop Productivity Shortcuts with QnE Companion
- Efficient Multi-Boot and Drive Partition Management with BootIt Collection
- Top 10 Sensors Types for Industrial Internet of Things
- Easily Convert and Open QuarkXPress Docs in Different Apps Using QXPMarkz
- 11 Graphic Designing Trends to Look Out For in 2021
- WordPress development: an agency or a freelance developer
- Why is owning a boat very expensive?
- Top 10 Grocery Delivery Mobile Apps in 2021
- What Does Cyclonis Password Manager Do to Protect Your Passwords?
- Essential Guide On Interlocking Plenum Armored Fiber Optic Cable
- Hikvision Thermal CCTV Cameras for Perimeter Security in SMEs
- Digital Onboarding and No-code Platforms
- 6 Myths of Charging Smartphones Batteries that are Wrong
- Photoshop Color Correction Service, Multi-color Photos from a single Photoshoot
- Darlox Electronic Limited: Fpc laminated structure
- The future development direction of artificial intelligence
- Smart Home Technology
- Monster Hunter World (MHW) Layered Armour
- Significance of Software testing services
- Berry Producer Finds More Value in SIMBA Than Expected.
- How to Find Phone With Cell Number - Find Out Who Your Partner is Calling Today!