WooCommerce in WordPress
- Author Maria Kharlantseva
- Published September 18, 2021
- Word count 775
If you want to build an excellent e-commerce website on WordPress, you will need WooCommerce. It is an open-source, completely customizable e-commerce platform that allows you to construct online stores with a full range of functionalities.
What is WooCommerce in WordPress? In a nutshell, WooCommerce is a WordPress plugin that seamlessly integrates your website’s content with commerce. All you need is to install WooCommerce and activate it on your WordPress platform. In case you don’t have a WordPress website, you need to create it. To get started, you will need a domain name and a web hosting server. These two are vital components of any kind of website. Essentially, a domain name is the address of your website, while a web hosting server serves as storage for your website’s data.
Once you get both, it’s time to install WordPress. It is a comprehensive and user-friendly CMS that helps you to manage your website. It is also very flexible in terms of changing the content. So, if you need to change some content blocks on your website, it wouldn't be a problem. Such an approach allows tailoring the platform to your exact needs and requirements. It is also compatible with all formats, especially mobile ones. It makes the CMS a valuable assistant for e-commerce websites. Given that mobile conversion rates are much higher than that of the desktop, it’s recommended that your website is designed upon the mobile-first principle. And with WordPress, you can avoid designing it from scratch.
So now, when your blank WordPress website is ready, you have to find the WooCommerce plugin on the dashboard and install it. It features various options, and you can choose them according to your personal needs. Another benefit is that it works alongside your favorite WordPress plugins, not interfering but complementing them. And these are not the only advantages of WooCommerce in WordPress:
Allows you to sell anything, including physical products, digital products, subscriptions, etc.
WooCommerce is open source and you can easily modify whatever you want.
You have complete control over the platform and can customize it according to your needs.
It offers numerous official extensions, including payment and shipping methods, marketing and accounting options, so it is very flexible.
It also offers a wide variety of themes you can choose from.
Besides e-commerce options, it suggests built-in blogging instruments that allow you to post content easily and quickly.
It offers various categories, tags, and other attributes and options that significantly facilitate the search process, making your e-commerce website highly user-friendly.
WooCommerce provides product ratings and reviews options so your customers can leave feedback directly on the product page.’
The software also allows you to set the locations of your shop, including currency and language options.
With the help of WooCommerce, you can easily download unlimited images and galleries to show off your products and services.
So, you have a WooCommerce plugin activated on your WordPress website. What’s next?
First of all, you need to choose a theme from the list. There are hundreds of themes available, but the choice directly depends on your e-commerce website’s nature and the feel you want to apply to it. After you downloaded the desired theme, you should upload it to your website’s admin panel. Here, you need to look through all the pages and see how the theme works from them. All the pages should load well.
Now it's time to establish payment settings. You can accept payments by cash or credit-debit cards. Here, it’s vital to ensure your website is safe and secure so anything would damage your customers' personal data. Along with payment settings, you need to choose shipping options. WooCommerce can easily set free shipping options according to the area of your business operating. You can change them or apply international shipping options if you need them. Finally, it’s time to add your products. Also, make sure you provide images and descriptions on the product page.
All in all, WooCommerce is a valuable assistant to have. With WooCommerce, your WordPress online shop can significantly leverage your business performance. It also allows you to focus on business issues rather than on website building processes, as it performs them for you.
Ester Digital is a creative web design and development agency. For more information about WordPress in WooCommerce follow this link https://ester.co/blog/what-is-woocommerceArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Top Benefits of PHP in Web Solution
- 5 Best Practices and 1 Tool for Mitigating Open-Source Vulnerabilities
- Can we book a hotel room for a few hours?
- How to get house number, street, postcode from a free-form address string
- Top 5 WooCommerce payment gateways
- HOW TO OBTAIN MICROSOFT'S WINDOWS 11 UPGRADE FOR FREE(IF YOU'RE ELIGIBLE)
- Enhance Your Cross-Data SQL Capabilities with Database Workbench Pro
- Innovative Strategies for the Post-Pandemic Era
- Create Customized Desktop Productivity Shortcuts with QnE Companion
- Efficient Multi-Boot and Drive Partition Management with BootIt Collection
- Top 10 Sensors Types for Industrial Internet of Things
- Easily Convert and Open QuarkXPress Docs in Different Apps Using QXPMarkz
- 11 Graphic Designing Trends to Look Out For in 2021
- WordPress development: an agency or a freelance developer
- Why is owning a boat very expensive?
- Top 10 Grocery Delivery Mobile Apps in 2021
- What Does Cyclonis Password Manager Do to Protect Your Passwords?
- Essential Guide On Interlocking Plenum Armored Fiber Optic Cable
- Hikvision Thermal CCTV Cameras for Perimeter Security in SMEs
- Digital Onboarding and No-code Platforms
- 6 Myths of Charging Smartphones Batteries that are Wrong
- Photoshop Color Correction Service, Multi-color Photos from a single Photoshoot
- Darlox Electronic Limited: Fpc laminated structure
- The future development direction of artificial intelligence
- Smart Home Technology
- Monster Hunter World (MHW) Layered Armour
- Significance of Software testing services
- Berry Producer Finds More Value in SIMBA Than Expected.
- How to Find Phone With Cell Number - Find Out Who Your Partner is Calling Today!