6 Simple Ways To Prepare Your Car For The ‘Back To School Season’
- Author Alexander Belsey
- Published September 10, 2021
- Word count 735
Whether it’s back to work or back to school, September marks the end of Summer and the start of a busy new season.
With so much to organise and remember, it can be easy to become overwhelmed and overlook some of the things that could make your life simpler — such as taking care of your car.
But a well-maintained, reliable car is a great way to help ensure that journey times, commutes, and busy daily life all go as smoothly as they can. Browse the six simple but highly effective tips below, and see how much easier you could make your Autumn!
- Clean Out Your Car
Spring cleaning may be the most famous, but cleaning at the start of any new season is a positive habit. Before the rush of the school and work runs, it is a great time to declutter and sanitise your car.
Remove any rubbish that has built up, wipe down surfaces, and make especially sure to clean or tidy areas that may impede visibility while driving. This includes ornaments or objects that obscure the back or front windscreens.
A tidy, clutter-free car will not only be safer and more hygienic, but it may help you to feel more refreshed and in control too.
- Pack A Kit Of Essentials
Carrying various essential kits in your car can be a great way to ensure peace of mind without taking up too much space. The best kits include first aid, repairs, and breakdown items such as a spare tyre, tools, or even just important roadside service contact details.
You can also pack things that are specific to you or your family — such as additional medication or inhalers for example, or snacks, a spare mobile phone, and more.
There is no need to overload your car, or feel like you have to plan for every eventuality. But a few important items can make all the difference!
- Book In At The Garage
A change of season is a great time to book in at your local garage for a comprehensive check-up.
Perhaps there is something that has been niggling in your car, or you just want to check that it is running optimally. Now is a great time to fix minor repair issues before they have the chance to worsen. Your car will be safer, more comfortable to drive, and likely to last longer too!
Your local garage can also be a great place to stock up on some of the seasonal essentials — especially anti-freeze, car covers, and other handy items that will help to make the cold weather easier.
- Allow Extra Time For Journeys
As the weather changes — and especially when more wind and rain arrives — journey times can take a little longer than we expect. Rather than rushing, risking an accident, or arriving flustered, simply prepare to allow a little extra time in your journey.
You can also save time by ensuring that your car is prepped in advance for longer journeys, such as by inflating tyres, topping up with fuel, or charging an electric car to its full mileage range.
- Change Your Tyres
Weather-appropriate tyres are a great idea to improve the safety and manageability of your car, as may be suggested by your garage. You may also feel confident enough to do it yourself, but otherwise seek the advice of a professional.
Using Summer and Winter tyres can be especially important because they function best at different temperatures, and have different tread depths that suit the weather they were made for.
Be sure that your tyres can cope with your local climate, whether that is mild and wet, cold and icy, or anything in between.
- Have A Treat!
Once your car is clean, safe, and roadworthy, now is the time to emphasise comfort. Why not add some form of treat or luxury to refresh your car for the new season?
A new scent, a favourite soundtrack, or even more comfortable seating can make your car a pleasure to drive. Pick a change to suit your needs and budget, and you will feel like you’re driving a whole new vehicle!
Small investments and maintenance from season to season are safer and more cost-effective than arranging major overhauls when a problem develops and you really need them.
With the tips above, you can help ensure that your car is a pleasure to drive in the ‘back to school season’ and beyond!
There are no posted comments.
- Things Every Future Owner Must Know Before Purchasing A Subaru WRX
- Finding a Car Rental Milwaukee Under 25
- Top 5 Ways to Make Money When Selling Your Car and Get Cash for Cars
- Top 5 Digital Mobile App Strategies for Car Dealerships
- What's Coming in 2022: The New Electric Cars Poised to Hit the streets
- The Beginner’s Guide To Electric Vehicles
- How to Ship a Car from USA to UAE (United Arab Emirates)
- Premier Carriage Proud Of 25 Years Of Service Excellence
- Customising Your Company Vehicle: Why You Should Choose Wrapping Over Repainting
- 5 Simple Tips For Smooth Driving In Winter
- Limohire and sports car hire
- Can You Sue After An Uber Accident?
- 5 Great Ways To Modernise Your Driving
- 5 Things To Watch Out For On The Roads This Summer
- What’s Coming Next In Car Safety? 5 Areas To Keep An Eye On
- Tips When Buying Quality Used Cars on Sale
- The Ultimate Guide to Caring for and Upgrading Your Car
- The Beginner’s Guide to Professional Car Detailing
- 5 Ways To Find The Faults With Your Car
- Why Window Tinting Cars Is Beneficial
- 5 Great Ways To Upgrade Your Driving Experience
- World premiere of the electric Audi Q4 e-tron and Q4 Sportback e-tron
- 5 Key Changes In The Transport Industry That YOU Need To Know About
- The Emerging Green Face Of Transport: And 5 Ways To Keep Up!
- Best GPS Tracking Device - Don't Cheap Out on Components
- The 5 Electric Cars With The Longest Range
- What Changes are the MOT industry is Applying in 2021?
- Why Vyncs Car Tracker Is a Great Choice for Parents
- 6 Simple Ways To Pandemic-Proof Your Car